Using a leaf blower on your lawn? That’s a blasting!

TexEx15

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Depends on what time of the day you're working on your lawn.

Also, if he'd only been banging the guy's wife, he would have just gotten an ass-whipping.

he had a single gunshot to the noggin and pronounced dead at 7:35p

pretty damn good chance the altercation happened between 530-7p

Edited by AUS-97HORN

That’s awful.

However, having watched on numerous occasions for YEARS people leaf blowing for what seems like damn hours and hours (for fucks sake) just sweep!!!!!! Gawd! It’s loud and annoying as fuck and people do that shit before 7 am all the fucking time and I feel like they are high and just pointing that thing at everything in their yard and accomplishing nothing. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Quick question are you supposed to blow grass trimmings back into your yard to decompose, or into the street?  

With a rake or a broom.

Just now, MissingInAction said:

Ban all leaf blowers.

Seriously. I fucking hate those God damn things.

This.  I might vote not guilty if I were on the jury.

• Hook 'Em 1

I went to a battery powered leaf blower because of the noise and fumes and mess of gas ones.  It doesn’t work as good, but good enough if you are just a homeowner with a normal sized yard.  The batteries are super expensive and  you need two, but it’s worth it to me.  So happy not to have to mess with an IC engine no more.  Did the same for weed trimmer and hedge trimmer too.

Edited by ClubWhatever
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

20 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I went to a battery powered leaf blower because of the noise and fumes and mess of gas ones.  It doesn’t work as good, but good enough if you are just a homeowner with a normal sized yard.  The batteries are super expensive and  you need two, but it’s worth it to me.  So happy not to have to mess with an IC engine no more.  Did the same for weed trimmer and hedge trimmer too.

Same. Haven't made the move for the mower yet. MUCH quieter and fuck messing with 2 stroke engines 

• Hook 'Em 1

"The members of the sheriff's office are relentless when it comes to seeking justice for victims. The members of our Criminal Investigations Division have been working around the clock to bring Mr. Martys' murderer to justice, and I am happy Mr. Martys' family can begin the closure and healing process."

That's from the sheriff. So everybody knows the next door neighbor did it, but yet the sheriff's department is working "around the clock" (most likely in shifts) to bring justice? 

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

My neighbor blows their shit into my driveway and porch all the time after he mows. I thought about shooting him but instead I just bought a battery powered leaf blower that my 4 year old can handle. And I let the 4yo do the leaf blowing. It's anybody's guess where that shit will go. 

If the 4yo can't handle the blower, there's always the JR-15.

image.thumb.png.79a09280765ee8f0c1e0edbceba29760.png

• Rage+1 2

6 hours ago, royiv said:

Substantive leaf blower control has a greater chance of passing in this country than substantive gun control.

Pasadena CA passed a gas-powered leaf blower ban that just went into effect. It's an additional restriction on top of existing laws that seem to be totally ignored:

"Pasadena City Council voted to ban the use of gas-powered leaf blowers in March 2022. The ban also makes it illegal to use a leaf blower to cause debris to travel beyond the property boundaries of the parcel on which it is being used, to adjoining properties or public rights-of-way within the city, and to remain there for more than 15 minutes. Electric-powered leaf blowers may only be used between the hours of 8 a.m. and 6 p.m., Monday – Friday, and 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Saturdays. It remains unlawful for leaf blowers to be operated on Sundays and holidays.

• Drool 1

I mean…yeah it’s another law that’ll be difficult/impossible to enforce, but it’s better than nothing.  Not sure what else they can do about that.  I’m curious if commercial providers are exempt though.  

I live on a corner lot in suburbia, and most folks (myself included) pay for a yard service…which means just about any hour of the day I can hear yard work.  Having a law like that would hopefully force the commercial crews to switch to electric, though I’m sure it’s a bit of hardship to either switch equipment or give them a means to keep enough batteries/charging on hand for a 12-hour day.  

10 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

My neighbor blows their shit into my driveway and porch all the time after he mows. I thought about shooting him but instead I just bought a battery powered leaf blower that my 4 year old can handle. And I let the 4yo do the leaf blowing. It's anybody's guess where that shit will go. 

Haha, I let my 2.5 year old grandson use my battery powered leaf blower to clean off the sidewalks and driveway after I mow.  I keep one hand on him and one hand on the leaf blower, he works pretty well as a shield against the angry neighbors, dog walkers who shit in my yard, and homeless package thieves.  

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

They’re also extremely dirty. 30 minutes on a gas leaf blower is equal to several hundred miles of driving in terms of emissions.

Is this true? A gallon of fuel/oil mix through a leaf blower has more emissions than 20-30 gallons of gas through a car?

13 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

If the shooter couldn't stand the noise of the leaf blower, kinda hypocritical to add to the noise with a gun. No bat, golf club, meat cleaver lying around?

I never start my leaf blower. I only bought it to use as a club on other people blowing leaves. The notches carved into the handle represents how many leaf blowing enemies I've extinguished.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

52 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Is this true? A gallon of fuel/oil mix through a leaf blower has more emissions than 20-30 gallons of gas through a car?

minute:

NMHC NOx CO
2011 Ford Raptor 0.005 0.005 0.276
2012 Fiat 500 0.016 0.010 0.192
Ryobi 4-stroke leaf blower 0.182 0.031 3.714
Echo 2-stroke leaf blower 1.495 0.010 6.445

I’m amazed by how many people have such shit problem solving skills. Let me murder my neighbor and likely lose my freedom and take up residence in prison. I’m pretty sure we all hate that one neighbor always leaf blowing and always out in their yard routinely making noise. I am fairly sure most of these noisemaking mother fuckers do that shit on purpose. They probably wake up going “Man it’s such a pretty day. I think I will blow leaves obnoxiously for three hours and blow all that shit into the street and down the street and then I’ll get out some more noisy equipment and fumble around with that for a few more hours until after sundown.”

Journalist Art Carey suggests that “all leaf blowers should come with a free sweatshirt and bumper sticker proclaiming: ‘I have the IQ of a cinderblock. I own a leaf blower.'”

But I mean most of us don’t kill our annoying neighbor. As far as I know. I mean I don’t have murder in my problem solving lexicon. Leave the house. Put on noise canceling headphones…talk to your neighbor.

17 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Same. Haven't made the move for the mower yet. MUCH quieter and fuck messing with 2 stroke engines 

I have an electric mower and it's literally one of the best purchases I've ever made.  Never have to worry about draining the fluids in the winter, incredibly light, pretty indestructible.  

Also have trimmer, blower, and chainsaw, which works shockingly well.  

• Like 1

On 4/28/2023 at 8:04 AM, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Haha, I let my 2.5 year old grandson use my battery powered leaf blower to clean off the sidewalks and driveway after I mow.  I keep one hand on him and one hand on the leaf blower, he works pretty well as a shield against the angry neighbors, dog walkers who shit in my yard, and homeless package thieves.  

It takes a pretty shitty person to steal packages from the homeless. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1