Maxine Waters Triggers the Trumpers

Hugo Stiglitz

Some thoughts from a random person:

Bots/trolls are propagating threats of civil war. Don’t ever fall for calls for violence- violence begets violence- peaceful protests and dialogue always, as our adversaries only desire that we descend into violent conflict with ourselves.

Frustration and anger leads to some incredibly cathartic experiences that may make you feel that you win the battle, but you end up losing the war. Remember, it’s a battle of optics and superior narratives- be smarter than our opponents.

My challenge to you all, is to outsmart your opponents. One motto to use, “When they go low we find their vulnerability and exploit it.”

This requires, analysis, planning, and discipline to have enough situational awareness to tailor it for the media attention it will get, and execute your peaceful protest so the desired effects happen, not some sort of secondary or third order outcome you failed to predict.

Now is the time to unify. Now is the time to outmaneuver our opponents. Now is the time to put our full efforts towards getting the vote out. Now is the time to have the resolve and grit to embrace non-violent tactics in order to starve our adversaries of a violent response.

An example of a non-linear approach to protesting is using humor. Case study: using large crowds of clowns to mock white supremecists and Nazis.

Our linear way of protesting isn’t enough any more- we need to use all of the tools of non-violence when putting pressure on our elected and appointed leaders through coordination, scale appropriate, disciplined execution, all with awareness of the optics of the results. /end

7 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Bots/trolls are propagating threats of civil war. Don’t ever fall for calls for violence- violence begets violence- peaceful protests and dialogue always, as our adversaries only desire that we descend into violent conflict with ourselves.

Frustration and anger leads to some incredibly cathartic experiences that may make you feel that you win the battle, but you end up losing the war. Remember, it’s a battle of optics and superior narratives- be smarter than our opponents.

My challenge to you all, is to outsmart your opponents. One motto to use, “When they go low we find their vulnerability and exploit it.”

This requires, analysis, planning, and discipline to have enough situational awareness to tailor it for the media attention it will get, and execute your peaceful protest so the desired effects happen, not some sort of secondary or third order outcome you failed to predict.

Now is the time to unify. Now is the time to outmaneuver our opponents. Now is the time to put our full efforts towards getting the vote out. Now is the time to have the resolve and grit to embrace non-violent tactics in order to starve our adversaries of a violent response.

An example of a non-linear approach to protesting is using humor. Case study: using large crowds of clowns to mock white supremecists and Nazis.

Our linear way of protesting isn’t enough any more- we need to use all of the tools of non-violence when putting pressure on our elected and appointed leaders through coordination, scale appropriate, disciplined execution, all with awareness of the optics of the results. /end

Humor comes from a place of Truth.

Unification comes from a place of Logic.

Peaceful protesting comes from a place of Strength. 

On 6/27/2018 at 8:25 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Funny. Pretty sure your a bot or you spend way to much time on a computer. Get out in the world. Its sun-shining today.

17 minutes ago, ckhorn said:

Funny. Pretty sure your a bot or you spend way to much time on a computer. Get out in the world. Its sun-shining today.

Thanks for caring about my well being.

I ran six miles outside today and went through a box of .308.

It was balls hot though.

10 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Thanks for caring about my well being.

I ran six miles outside today and went through a box of .308.

It was balls hot though.

Hugo, did you go through the box of .308s and then had to run the six miles.

• Fuck You 1

she is the reason, personified, that Donald Trump is our President and will be the guy, with the leverage, to affect the SCOTUS for the next 40 years. 

Enjoy your tribal politics 

this only gets worse. 

I haven't read the rest of your shit, but how is that Russia thing working out for you? 

• Like 1

no.... Barrack Obama and tribal politics are to blame for Trump. 

Maxine, like Trump is a symptom of that and math. 

The fact that Pelosi or whoever the fuck is in a "leadership" position in the Democrat isn't reigning that bitch in tells you all you need to know about why a guy like Trump is our President. 

15 hours ago, TtomTerrific said:

The fact that Pelosi or whoever the fuck is in a "leadership" position in the Democrat isn't reigning that bitch in tells you all you need to know about why a guy like Trump is our President. 

Lol at reigning her in, she needs to be a good black and do what her masters command her to do right? The GOP is at the height of hypocrisy now saying things need to be civil when they started this shit as soon as Obama was elected. Quit cry-titting because people are throwing it back in your face finally.

• Like 6

Because Barack Obama was our most divisive president, or something.

Trump is our president because you and people like you are morons.

Barack (One "R") was a black guy who gave people access to health insurance.  How divisive and tribal!!!!!!

• Like 1

Because Barack Obama was our most divisive president, or something.

Do you think Barack and Michelle sit around in their dashikis (not that Vineyard Vines shit they were forced to wear for all those years to keep their black radicalness undercover) wishing they had just been real when they were in power?

“We should have told those honkeys what’s what. We just played too nice. Look at what this orange motherfucker gets away with.”
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Do you think Barack and Michelle sit around in their dashikis (not that Vineyard Vines shit they were forced to wear for all those years to keep their black radicalness undercover) wishing they had just been real when they were in power?

“We should have told those honkeys what’s what. We just played too nice. Look at what this orange motherfucker gets away with.”

I wish they would grow afros.

16 hours ago, TtomTerrific said:

Obama got Trump serious about running for POTUS when he insulted the thin skinned attention whore at that correspondents' dinner.   Those insults drove Trump more than anything.  His goal is to appear better/smarter than Obama.  The key word there is "appear".   He doesn't actually have to be better, just has to fool enough people.  It's all image, all about brand.  That fed into Russia's hands, since they owned him already. 

1 hour ago, pdmd_api said:

Lol at reigning her in, she needs to be a good black and do what her masters command her to do right? The GOP is at the height of hypocrisy now saying things need to be civil when they started this shit as soon as Obama was elected. Quit cry-titting because people are throwing it back in your face finally.

Lol. The media has been driving the unrest since Trump won the primary. It just went to 11 with non stop Trump hate and faux outrage once Hillary lost and hasn’t stopped once since. 

Its laughable to compare the first years of each presidency. 

The left has been acting like pure spoiled children stomping their feet because they didn’t get their way, and attacking anyone personally who dares to disagree. They have not given Trump one honest chance from the moment he made the primary, as evidence of all the hypocritical criticism coverage. They made the media a laughing stock and completely untrustable. 

History will remember the biggest temper tantrum in history that begins with Trump winning the White House. 

We will see how doubling down on the strategy works for them soon. 

• Fuck You 1

21 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Lol. The media has been driving the unrest since Trump won the primary. It just went to 11 with non stop Trump hate and faux outrage once Hillary lost and hasn’t stopped once since. 

The left has been acting like pure spoiled children stomping their feet because they didn’t get their way, and attacking anyone personally who dares to disagree. They have not given Trump one honest chance from the moment he made the primary, as evidence of all the hypocritical criticism coverage. They made the media a laughing stock and completely untrustable. 

History will remember the biggest temper tantrum in history that begins with Trump winning the White House. 

https://www.politico.com/story/2010/10/the-gops-no-compromise-pledge-044311

phd1e5yio02qbwe.jpgremember-how-republicans-welcomed-presid

Never gave Trump an honest chance, eh?  Yeah, about that......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Obama’s biggest flaw was his ego and how he wanted the world to perceive him.  From the beginning of his presidency he was concerned with his legacy issues.  You had the Republicans jumping up and down falsely accusing him of being the most divisive president ever.

As a result, Obama would bend over backwards to prove that he was a uniter and not a divider. On several occasions, he should have disregarded the nonsense and remained true to his convictions.  He should have been like, “Fuck all you motherfuckers and your racist bullshit, y’all can kiss my black ass.”

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

The left has been acting like pure spoiled children stomping their feet because they didn’t get their way, and attacking anyone personally who dares to disagree.

Oh, you poor dear.

Here's the thing:  the gloves are off.  Fuck you.  The left is gradually (and at an increasing rate) moving away from past tendencies to actually try to play nice, because they are FINALLY seeing that it's a losing strategy.  So, you will be called on your racism, you will be called on your misogyny, you will be called on your homophobia, you will be called on your utterly laughable "understanding" of trade and economics, you will be called on your despicable perspective on virtue every single issue that matters.  Again, fuck you.  Fight's on.

• Like 5

Jesus fucking Christ.

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Obama’s biggest flaw was his ego and how he wanted the world to perceive him.  From the beginning of his presidency he was concerned with his legacy issues.  You had the Republicans jumping up and down falsely accusing him of being the most divisive president ever.

As a result, Obama would bend over backwards to prove that he was a uniter and not a divider. On several occasions, he should have disregarded the nonsense and remained true to his convictions.  He should have been like, “Fuck all you motherfuckers and your racist bullshit, y’all can kiss my black ass.”

I think Obama was genuine in his desire to compromise. He did bend over backwards many times to appease Republicans, but I don't think he had another choice. Your rhetoric coming from Obama would've destroyed any chance he could've had at getting bills passed. It didn't end up mattering because the republicans still blocked everything, but he never gave up in his attempts to compromise. 

If it truly was about ego, I think you would've seen him snap early on in his presidency. 

Edited by Skyline
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Oh, you poor dear.

Here's the thing:  the gloves are off.  Fuck you.  The left is gradually (and at an increasing rate) moving away from past tendencies to actually try to play nice, because they are FINALLY seeing that it's a losing strategy.  So, you will be called on your racism, you will be called on your misogyny, you will be called on your homophobia, you will be called on your utterly laughable "understanding" of trade and economics, you will be called on your despicable perspective on virtue every single issue that matters.  Again, fuck you.  Fight's on.

You really believe this bullshit.  Mitch Romney is an honorable man.  Per the left he was a huge racist that hated women and gays.  Same with W and his dad. You fucking lefties are as delusional as the biggest trumpkins. 

12 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

You really believe this bullshit.  Mitch Romney is an honorable man.  Per the left he was a huge racist that hated women and gays.  Same with W and his dad. You fucking lefties are as delusional as the biggest trumpkins. 

Per your warped perception of the left, maybe.

The actual left(democrats) didn’t vilify Romney or GWB.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

In my view, the media coverage of Trump (outside of Fox and the like) has been a lot like the LAPD and the OJ Simpson trial.

There's no doubt in my mind the OJ killed her and I think most would agree. There's also no doubt in my mind that the LAPD was corrupt, dishonest, and tried to frame OJ (for a crime he likely actually committed). If you call OJ a murderer, it's probably an accurate statement. If you call the 1990s LAPD remarkably corrupt, it's also an accurate statement.

Likewise, Trump is terrible, but the media coverage of him hasn't been honest about his terribleness. Rather than simply report him, there's a need to exaggerate to the point of dishonesty. So if someone says how terrible Trump is, that's an accurate statement. If someone discusses the dishonesty of the media towards him (as Trump likes to do), that's also an accurate statement.

Claims that Fox is worse, while probably true, don't take away the dishonesty of left-leaning media. It reaks of that whataboutism that has become such a popular term.

If it's a strategic decision to abandon principles to fight dirty, so be it. It makes voters like me, centrists who see Trumpism as an existential threat and plan on voting straight D until it's gone, a little more apathetic. Maybe it's a winning strategy that people like me are fewer in number than those out for blood. If so, that's how democracy go.  I don't think it's healthy for our country, but it might win in the short term.

The Maxine Waters strategy is certainly good for Maxine Waters, it might be good for Trump opposition, or it might alienate enough people like me to the point of not voting. Twisting opposition to her approach as racially motivated surely doesn't help things. I think it probably also alienates Trump voters who are horrified by child separation. With that crew, this approach is a losing strategy. Again, maybe a fired up base is worth more votes than picking off these people. I don't doubt that it's worth more to Maxine Waters.

I'll give her credit though, "you better shoot straight" is a really good line. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

It's going to get worse. You aren't going to like the electoral blowback.

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

I just don’t see it happening. Maybe. The dems have a shitty bench.  

Oh, it might not be this year or even 2020. But when it happens, that's it. Your side is done. 

If you want a preview of what is coming, look at Harris County.

Edited by David Dennison

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You should be concerned.  Hell, I’m concerned with what the democrats are going to do and I’m on their side now because the Republicans sold their country to Putin for corporate tax cuts and some judges. 

They are going to throttle them in House elections. It starts there.

5 minutes ago, Mole said:

In my view, the media coverage of Trump (outside of Fox and the like) has been a lot like the LAPD and the OJ Simpson trial.

There's no doubt in my mind the OJ killed her and I think most would agree. There's also no doubt in my mind that the LAPD was corrupt, dishonest, and tried to frame OJ (for a crime he likely actually committed). If you call OJ a murderer, it's probably an accurate statement. If you call the 1990s LAPD remarkably corrupt, it's also an accurate statement.

Likewise, Trump is terrible, but the media coverage of him hasn't been honest about his terribleness. Rather than simply report him, there's a need to exaggerate to the point of dishonesty. So if someone says how terrible Trump is, that's an accurate statement. If someone discusses the dishonesty of the media towards him (as Trump likes to do), that's also an accurate statement.

Claims that Fox is worse, while probably true, don't take away the dishonesty of left-leaning media. It reaks of that whataboutism that has become such a popular term.

If it's a strategic decision to abandon principles to fight dirty, so be it. It makes voters like me, centrists who see Trumpism as an existential threat and plan on voting straight D until it's gone, a little more apathetic. Maybe it's a winning strategy that people like me are fewer in number than those out for blood. If so, that's how democracy go.  I don't think it's healthy for our country, but it might win in the short term.

The Maxine Waters strategy is certainly good for Maxine Waters, it might be good for Trump opposition, or it might alienate enough people like me to the point of not voting. Twisting opposition to her approach as racially motivated surely doesn't help things. I think it probably also alienates Trump voters who are horrified by child separation. With that crew, this approach is a losing strategy. Again, maybe a fired up base is worth more votes than picking off these people. I don't doubt that it's worth more to Maxine Waters.

I'll give her credit though, "you better shoot straight" is a really good line. 

There was a candid moment on twitter a very long time ago between two political journalists. Trump had said something controversial about immigrants, they had reported it objectively, and were berated with calls of dishonest media. To cover Trump objectively is effectively covering him in a negative light, was the gist of the conversation between the journos. I think you're falling for the "both sides" trap here. 

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

He is a piece of shit racist since he took over and anyone still supporting him is one too.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Mole said:

Can you give some specific examples of MSM coverage of Trump that is “exaggerated to the point of dishonesty”.  News is a business so stories are often sensentionalized for attention, but that is hardly a new thing.  Not errors that were quickly corrected, opinion/commentary pieces, or stories in obscure corners of the internet, but true mainstream  journalistic pieces that are blatantly false or out of the normal range for coverage of national leaders.   Not saying false MSM stories don’t exist but it’s really hard to judge the validity of this assertion  without concrete examples.  I don’t follow it real close, but the times I have seen Trump complain of “dishonest coverage” it is simply coverage of true events that he doesn’t want covered. 

59 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what," Romney says in one clip. "There are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent on government, who believe that, that they are victims, who believe that government has the responsibility to care for them. Who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing."

Real honorable, if we equate "honorable" to "liar".

1 hour ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

No Drama Obama caused Trump's presidency and it's about time he and the rest of The Left start taking some personal responsibility for making me vote for for Trump.

this isn't a bad point. 

a whole lot of Obama voters voted for Trump.... thus the election result. 

Are they "racists" now as well. 

Fuck you race baiting pieces of shit. 

You have torn apart this country and left us with this orange asshole in charge. 

5 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

this isn't a bad point. 

a whole lot of Obama voters voted for Trump.... thus the election result. 

Are they "racists" now as well. 

Fuck you race baiting pieces of shit. 

You have torn apart this country and left us with this orange asshole in charge. 

Amazing you are this deluded. The ones calling out racists are the real traitors! The Ministry of Truth would hire you on the spot. 

44 minutes ago, Mole said:

What?  This is a man who bilked his fellow Americans out of millions of dollars.  This is a man who had a lengthy sexual relationship with a porn star while his wife was home with his baby, then had another lengthy relationship with a playboy centerfold.  This is a man who thinks it's fine to grab women by the pussy because he's a star.  This is a man who tried to seduce his friend's wives.  This is a man who lied to the American people about paying the Porn Star hush money.  This is a man who is being sued for using his charitable non-profit foundation to pay off legal obligations, to promote his hotels, and to purchase personal items.  This is a man who just days ago urged Congress to vote on immigration reform and then said he didn't.  This is a man who reveled in the fact that he paid no taxes. This is a man who has embraced dictators at every turn while pissing off the fucking Canadians. Do you know how hard you have to work to piss off the Canadians?

But, yeah, the media has been dishonest in discussing his terribleness. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

"The media" literally just needs to copy & paste Trump's tweets, and play video of Trump speaking.  That's it.  It's the easiest job in the world.  Mind blown at "the media exaggerates things".  Damn, son.

You see, we’re dealing with idiots here. They’re spoon fed information from their right wing sources and are completely delusional. They’re hopeless. Those of us that are sane and rational have to stand up and shout them down. We have to progress without them. 

16 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Amazing you are this deluded. The ones calling out racists are the real traitors! The Ministry of Truth would hire you on the spot. 

when all else fails, shriek "racism! " 

tried and true and now you have Trump for a President who is going to foundationaly affect the jurisprudence system for the next half century. 

and you will lose the next election, too, with this shit 

well played 

btw 

stfu, bitch

Edited by TtomTerrific
  • Haha 1