Maxine Waters Triggers the Trumpers

Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, TtomTerrific said:

when all else fails, shriek "racism" 

tried and true and now you have Trump for a President who is going to foundationaly the affect the jurisprudence system for the next half century. 

and you will lose the next election, too, with this shit 

well played 

btw 

stfu, bitch

Typical of a traitor supporter to blame everyone else but themselves. YOUR side voted for him YOUR side continues to support him. YOU’RE the piece of shit that supports the piece of shit in office. Own it. YOU are what’s wrong with this country. Delusional piece of shit. 

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

when all else fails, shriek "racism! " 

tried and true and now you have Trump for a President who is going to foundationaly affect the jurisprudence system for the next half century. 

well played 

btw 

stfu, bitch

tenor.gif

• Like 1

when all else fails, shriek "racism! " 
tried and true and now you have Trump for a President who is going to foundationaly affect the jurisprudence system for the next half century. 
well played 
btw 
stfu, bitch

Don't call a president who thinks there are some "very fine" white supremacists racist, you race baiters! Uh oh! Now you did it. You're making me vote for Trump. I hope you're happy with yourselves.

9 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:
18 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:
Don't call a president who thinks there are some "very fine" white supremacists racist, you race baiters! Uh oh! Now you did it. You're making me vote for Trump. I hope you're happy with yourselves.

no... he called me a racist, you dumb cunt

Who called you a racist? You trumpkins become more moronic everyday. If that’s possible.

19 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:
28 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

no... he called me a racist, you dumb cunt

I might have. But if supporting a racist president doesn’t make you a racist, mea culpa. But why you still support him despite the evidence, dunno..

35 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

"The media" literally just needs to copy & paste Trump's tweets, and play video of Trump speaking.  That's it.  It's the easiest job in the world.  Mind blown at "the media exaggerates things".  Damn, son.

They should do that and it would be progress and would objectively demonstrate how terrible he is. He's bad enough without the bump. Just report his words honestly and with context. Let him discredit himself. Unfortunately, they don't do that or when they do, they remove the necessary context and fill in their own twisted context.

The idea that claiming the media aren't covering him objectively is somehow an endorsement or an excuse for him (not necessarily coming from the quoted post, but it's in this thread) just isn't honest. It's possible for Trump to be terrible (he is really bad) and the media to be dishonest about him (they're lying to us about how bad he is).

As far as an example of Trump's terribleness being exaggerated, my recent goto is the "animals" quote a few weeks back. C-SPAN, typically a bastion of objectivity tweeted out an out of context quote which was then spun by everyone as Trump calling all brown people, or at least all those crossing the border "animals." On this board, there was a tweet from Jesuit priest who described this language as reminiscent of the words of those who perpetuate genocide. This priest was seen as a hero. The problem is that Trump didn't actually say what everyone claimed he was saying. If you go and watch the context of the discussion (also covered by C-SPAN), he was clearly talking about MS-13 members when he used the "animals" line. If you want to argue that it's wrong to call even the worst among us "animals," I'm right with you, but you need to honestly report his words. Arguing for the inherent dignity of murders is far different than arguing for the dignity of everyone crossing the border. We went from Trump saying something that some (such as myself) would find terrible and turned it into a step towards genocide. Even C-SPAN had a hand in it by removing the quote from context. 

There was some pushback on this and so something of a correction was issued, but the dishonest damage was done. It isn't that hard to report his words honestly and taking one line out of context and filling in an entirely different context is more or less lying. That Trump may have said some gnarly racial things in the past doesn't justify lying about this one.

Responding to this with examples of how Trump is worse doesn't justify the dishonesty. Calling this "both sidism" doesn't justify the dishonesty. A lie is a lie even with your team is saying it.

• Like 2

I might have. But if supporting a racist president doesn’t make you a racist, mea culpa. But why you still support him despite the evidence, dunno..
don't support him now, lost my interest in politics when he announced his candidacy.

pointing out the reason he is even possible and a bunch of libtards are having difficulty looking into the mirror.

I know

I am racist, somehow m

50 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

don't support him now, lost my interest in politics when he announced his candidacy.

pointing out the reason he is even possible and a bunch of libtards are having difficulty looking into the mirror.

I know

I am racist, somehow m

Ok but that isn’t what I said

52 minutes ago, Mole said:

As far as an example of Trump's terribleness being exaggerated, my recent goto is the "animals" quote a few weeks back. C-SPAN, typically a bastion of objectivity tweeted out an out of context quote which was then spun by everyone as Trump calling all brown people, or at least all those crossing the border "animals." On this board, there was a tweet from Jesuit priest who described this language as reminiscent of the words of those who perpetuate genocide. This priest was seen as a hero. The problem is that Trump didn't actually say what everyone claimed he was saying. If you go and watch the context of the discussion (also covered by C-SPAN), he was clearly talking about MS-13 members when he used the "animals" line.

No, he wasn't, regardless of how badly you want to rewrite history.

1 hour ago, Mole said:

They should do that and it would be progress and would objectively demonstrate how terrible he is. He's bad enough without the bump. Just report his words honestly and with context. Let him discredit himself. Unfortunately, they don't do that or when they do, they remove the necessary context and fill in their own twisted context.

The idea that claiming the media aren't covering him objectively is somehow an endorsement or an excuse for him (not necessarily coming from the quoted post, but it's in this thread) just isn't honest. It's possible for Trump to be terrible (he is really bad) and the media to be dishonest about him (they're lying to us about how bad he is).

As far as an example of Trump's terribleness being exaggerated, my recent goto is the "animals" quote a few weeks back. C-SPAN, typically a bastion of objectivity tweeted out an out of context quote which was then spun by everyone as Trump calling all brown people, or at least all those crossing the border "animals." On this board, there was a tweet from Jesuit priest who described this language as reminiscent of the words of those who perpetuate genocide. This priest was seen as a hero. The problem is that Trump didn't actually say what everyone claimed he was saying. If you go and watch the context of the discussion (also covered by C-SPAN), he was clearly talking about MS-13 members when he used the "animals" line. If you want to argue that it's wrong to call even the worst among us "animals," I'm right with you, but you need to honestly report his words. Arguing for the inherent dignity of murders is far different than arguing for the dignity of everyone crossing the border. We went from Trump saying something that some (such as myself) would find terrible and turned it into a step towards genocide. Even C-SPAN had a hand in it by removing the quote from context. 

There was some pushback on this and so something of a correction was issued, but the dishonest damage was done. It isn't that hard to report his words honestly and taking one line out of context and filling in an entirely different context is more or less lying. That Trump may have said some gnarly racial things in the past doesn't justify lying about this one.

Responding to this with examples of how Trump is worse doesn't justify the dishonesty. Calling this "both sidism" doesn't justify the dishonesty. A lie is a lie even with your team is saying it.

Hmmmmm.

"We have people coming into the country, or trying to come in — and we're stopping a lot of them — but we're taking people out of the country. You wouldn't believe how bad these people are. These aren't people. These are animals. And we're taking them out of the country at a level and at a rate that's never happened before. And because of the weak laws, they come in fast, we get them, we release them, we get them again, we bring them out. It's crazy.

The context of the discussion was about what can immigration do if they have known MS-13 members in custody. Listen to the words the precede Trump's typical rambling answer. Those words matter. Characterizing it otherwise is simply dishonest. It's even dishonest if he's previously made made broader statements about everyone crossing the border. The context of a conversation matters. 

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

No, he wasn't, regardless of how badly you want to rewrite history.

This is fundamentally dishonest as well. I can't make you listen to the entire conversation and agree with me, but to attribute intent from me other than wanting an honest conversation is simply a lie. You can do better than this.

6 hours ago, Mole said:

Thank you for responding with a concrete example.  I think you have a valid point in this case, however there are a few things that need to be pointed out.

1.  CSPAN sent out a tweet quoting the president’s words.  Yes, I agree the quote is out of context but it requires quite a bit of explaination to understand the full context and that context can be easily missed.  I had to watch that video twice and pay really close attention to see what you were trying to say, and although I agree with you now, I can see how it could easily be missed in real time.

2.  The real issue seems to be that others picked up this tweet and started new tweets with their commentary.  This was not a news story, but rather a tweet that got distorted as it was repeated.  I don’t know that this is really an example of the MSN running a false news story, but rather an example of how social media and specifically Twiiter have made it so that anyone can now be a “journalist”, and how “news” loses context as it is passed around without oversight.  This was not as much an issue previous presidents had to contend with and will likely get worse as technology advances.

3.  Trump speaks like a fucking moron and its very very difficult to keep correct context with what he is saying.  He goes off on tangents.  He changes subject matter mid sentence.  He is asked about one subject and seamlessly addresses another.  It is not necessarily dishonesty to get mixed up on full context when reporting his quotes because it is often the case that context is unclear. It doesn’t help that he lies constantly, denies previous statements, and changes context afterwards.  It seems to me a nearly impossible task to report on Trump and provide true correct context in a real time basis and not mess up occasionally.  

In short I think the large large majority of MSM journalists are doing the best the can with a very tough subject and the idea that there is an active attempt to report him in a dishonest way is highly overstated.

I think Trump was talking about all Mexicans.  I see nothing that even comes close to dissuading me from that opinion.

If you support Donald Trump, you are a racist.  Fuck you.  THIS is the New World Order.  Game over.

• Fuck You 1

10 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Oh, you poor dear.

Here's the thing:  the gloves are off.  Fuck you.  The left is gradually (and at an increasing rate) moving away from past tendencies to actually try to play nice, because they are FINALLY seeing that it's a losing strategy.  So, you will be called on your racism, you will be called on your misogyny, you will be called on your homophobia, you will be called on your utterly laughable "understanding" of trade and economics, you will be called on your despicable perspective on virtue every single issue that matters.  Again, fuck you.  Fight's on.

Look we got another one, just like the other ones
Another bad ass, another troublemaker
I'm scared, ain't you boys scared?
I wonder if he's gonna show us what bad is?
Boys, we got a man with a dog collar on
You think we oughta throw ol' Spike a bone?
Well, here's another misfit, another Jimmy Dean
I bet he's got a motorbike, what do y'all think?
Bet if we be good we'll get a ride on it if he ain't too mad about the future
Maybe we oughta help him see the future ain't what it used to be
Hey Spike, what do you like?
Say Spike, what do you like?
Nothing

loosen up your dog collar.

4 hours ago, Mole said:

The context of the discussion was about what can immigration do if they have known MS-13 members in custody. Listen to the words the precede Trump's typical rambling answer. Those words matter. Characterizing it otherwise is simply dishonest. It's even dishonest if he's previously made made broader statements about everyone crossing the border. The context of a conversation matters. 

This is fundamentally dishonest as well. I can't make you listen to the entire conversation and agree with me, but to attribute intent from me other than wanting an honest conversation is simply a lie. You can do better than this.

No, I'm pretty sure he can't.  He's a member of the left.  It is genetically impossible for anyone in the media to spoon feed him propaganda.  Just as it is impossible for there to be a conservative anywhere in the world who knows more about anything than he does.  It just hit me why the left hates Trump so much.  He is the first politician they have ever seen who is more narcissistic than they are. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Yeah, you know jack about me.  I've spent more than 30 years in ever-increasingly futile dialog with the right.  I now have maybe 30 years left on this planet, and my policy going forward is scorched earth all the way.  If you are a Trump supporter, you are not only ignorant, you are the enemy.  You are a traitor.  Welcome.

8 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Typical of a traitor supporter to blame everyone else but themselves. YOUR side voted for him YOUR side continues to support him. YOU’RE the piece of shit that supports the piece of shit in office. Own it. YOU are what’s wrong with this country. Delusional piece of shit. 

Lots of shit going down

39 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, you know jack about me.  I've spent more than 30 years in ever-increasingly futile dialog with the right.  I now have maybe 30 years left on this planet, and my policy going forward is scorched earth all the way.  If you are a Trump supporter, you are not only ignorant, you are the enemy.  You are a traitor.  Welcome.

All that hate is gonna burn you up kid.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TtomTerrific said:

It's amazing how many Trumpkins don't support him, didn't vote for him etc...

In 10 years their won't be a single Trump voter to be found.

no.... I absolutely voted for him. 

him being the answer to Hillary was the thing. 

Now, he is clowning you assholes and you will lose again with this Maxine shit. 

I really wanted to vote for Jim Webb... but y'all rigged that deal like you are trying to blame Russia for doing some how. 

9 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I think Trump was talking about all Mexicans.  I see nothing that even comes close to dissuading me from that opinion.

If you support Donald Trump, you are a racist.  Fuck you.  THIS is the New World Order.  Game over.

Of curse you do.  All wrapped up in your righteous indignation, blinded by your myopic views  of everything wrong with the "other side".  If God be on our side, right....For fuks sake, CNN, who also ran with the "animals" line had to issue an official retraction and the AP deleted their tweet.  Admitting it was taken out of context!

CNN retracts story - admits they were wrong

CNN:

"As reported in the article above, Trump’s remarks late Wednesday were in response to comments about members of MS-13 and other undocumented immigrants who are deported for committing crimes."

• Like 1

That’s a shame. 

14 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Not that it matters to you but I disagree.  Read the transcript.  "People" refers to all who have crossed the border.

So CNN issues a formal retraction (you know, something they do all the time these days regarding Trump, right?).  The AP deletes their tweet about it - but oh, no....they're wrong too.  But that's not good enough for you.  No.  All that hate's got you so twisted in knots you double down on stupidity and your own confirmation bias....all the while accusing everyone else THEY are the problem...

• Like 1

wow. you are better than that. or maybe your not, but i am hoping that you are.

7 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

So CNN issues a formal retraction (you know, something they do all the time these days regarding Trump, right?).  The AP deletes their tweet about it - but oh, no....they're wrong too.  But that's not good enough for you.  No.  All that hate's got you so twisted in knots you double down on stupidity and your own confirmation bias....all the while accusing everyone else THEY are the problem...

Here's a crazy thought -- CNN's interpretation of what he said is not the same as mine.  That can actually happen WITHOUT your asinine perspective on me.  You keep on keepin' on . . . 

7 minutes ago, riloh05 said:

"Better"?  Not for me to judge.  It's how I feel.  If you support Trump at this point your moral compass is broken beyond repair.

4 minutes ago, riloh05 said:

Nope apparently not. Now he's resorted to outright lying and ignoring actual fact.  He's become a frothing at the mouth dog.  Usually they get put down.

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

"Better"?  Not for me to judge.  It's how I feel.  If you support Trump at this point your moral compass is broken beyond repair.

disagreeing with some of what the left is doing is not "supporting trump" it is disagreeing. disagreeing with you is not "supporting trump" being called out for you calling folks traitors who disagree with you is not "supporting trump" this shit isnt happening in a vacum.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

All that hate's got you so twisted in knots you double down on stupidity and your own confirmation bias....all the while accusing everyone else THEY are the problem...

Please.  This from the guy who:

—vehemently argued that the child border separation crisis was not the result of a new Trump policy, and that Obama had the exact same policy, 

—disappeared after forgetting your own argument and criticizing Obama for letting all of the families loose instead of separating them, and then

—stayed gone after Trump reversed the policy that you argued didn't exist. 

And now you're back to give us this gem of projection, without a hint of self-awareness.   As always, the real Trump derangement is from his cult worshippers like you.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Point out my lies.

Just go up stream a couple posts. Trumps comments were taken out of context, and you've tried to change what he said even though the complete transcript is there for all to see.  Honesty isn't a strong suit with you it appears.

3 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Please.  This from the guy who:

—vehemently argued that the child border separation crisis was not the result of a new Trump policy, and that Obama had the exact same policy, 

—disappeared after forgetting your own argument and criticizing Obama for letting all of the families loose instead of separating them, and then

—stayed gone after Trump reversed the policy that you argued didn't exist. 

And now you're back to give us this gem of projection, without a hint of self-awareness.   As always, the real Trump derangement is from his cult worshippers like you.

The child separations started in October of 2016.  But you knew that.  And I never voted for Trump.  But seeing how he has the left completely unhinged, it's been worth the hyperbole and histrionics.

• Like 1

I don't think Trump meant to say all Latinos. I don't know what he actually believes, but there are other strong indications that he is a racist.

I know it feels like a victory for the Trumpists who can actually be supported by the careful examination of what Trump said, but isn't that the problem? Trump says something outrageous or unclear, and his supporters have to dig and think and reach to put some type of positive spin on it. 

We have a president who can't clearly express a thought. The paragraph in question here is a demonstration of how a president shouldn't sound: like an idiot. In fact, idiocy is sort of his defense here. Look how far back you have to go for the missing "context." Look how easy it is to hear him calling immigrants from the south animals. That's a problem. 

Trumpists have to claim this as a victory: "I know it sounds like he said something really bad, but if you go back a few paragraphs, he seems to be talking about criminals."

Sad.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, riloh05 said:

disagreeing with some of what the left is doing is not "supporting trump" it is disagreeing. disagreeing with you is not "supporting trump" being called out for you calling folks traitors who disagree with you is not "supporting trump" this shit isnt happening in a vacum.

It's almost as if you can't read.  I didn't say that disagreeing with some of the left's position means you support Trump.  I said IF you support Trump, and in particular I'm referring to those whose support is unwavering and universal, then your moral compass is broken.

29 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Just go up stream a couple posts. Trumps comments were taken out of context, and you've tried to change what he said even though the complete transcript is there for all to see.  Honesty isn't a strong suit with you it appears.

Bullshit.  I've read the transcript.  I don't believe he was exclusively talking about MS-13 when he called them animals.  This doesn't make me a liar.

11 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Bullshit.  I've read the transcript.  I don't believe he was exclusively talking about MS-13 when he called them animals.  This doesn't make me a liar.

Then you're just being a biased liar now because the transcript, and the actual video of the speech are very clear who he was talking about.  You can say what you want all day, that doesn't make it true.  There's plenty to blast him on all day, making up shit in your head just makes you look silly.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 2