Bernie +6 (50-44)
Biden +6 (51-45)
Pete +3 (47-44)
Harris +4 (49-45)
Warren -1 (47-48)
Beto +10 (52-42)

Beto gets like 60% with women.  Fucking horny suburban moms

• Like 1

The GOP might be gone, it might not, whatever. Why should we care? It's not our business. We need to win and enact our policies. And if we don't win, we need to work harder, canvas more, volunteer more, make more phonebank calls, put in more voter registration hours, put in more get-out-the-vote hours, and win.

28 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

“BuT bEto nEedS TO bE oN tV moRE!”

millennial capitalization stylez aside, i do think beto needs to be on tv more (this doesn't count and you know it). 

he's not the national brand he could be right now.  i'd like to see more.

I wasn’t referring to CNN using his picture as being on TV.

I was pointing out his numbers in this instance don’t appear to be suffering from the perception of his lack of TV appearances.

He was on Sharpton’s show and that Chris guy on MSNBC within the last week.

And he’s been on interviewed on a ton of local stations in every city he’s been campaigning in - which always gets dismissed despite the fact that surveys show more people consume news from local newscasts than from cable.

9e10a97211f065dc2f7ef77718d6b792.jpg

Really the good news here is that the top six Democrats are outperforming Trump head to head and Warren is only one point behind him.

For the group of voters only motivated by “Trump must be defeated! Nothing else matters! Electability above all else!” this should show them there are a number of candidates who fit that bill that aren’t named Joe Biden.

• Like 1

in general, the more younger (under ~50, sorry bernie/liz) strong minds and personalities we have on the democratic side the better, and those people need to be trotted out as much as possible, so that the public narrative becomes "this is the future, these are smart, strong leaders and the future is bright because of them."

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I wasn’t referring to CNN using his picture as being on TV.

I was pointing out his numbers in this instance don’t appear to be suffering from the perception of his lack of TV appearances.

He was on Sharpton’s show and that Chris guy on MSNBC within the last week.

And he’s been on interviewed on a ton of local stations in every city he’s been campaigning in - which always gets dismissed despite the fact that surveys show more people consume news from local newscasts than from cable.

all that is good, but i consume a lot through youtube videos (unfortunately) and the local stuff is harder to find, and largely exists on their own websites.

there's plenty of time before iowa.

Oh god we certainly don’t need another candidate but that rant is one of my all time favorite political dressing downs of all time.

The way he says “The Junior Senator from Texas” with such contempt; it’s like he’s calling him a craven shithead fuckface in code.

11 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

You, a genius pundit: "Being an older white man is a huge problem."

Me, a stupid idiot, looking at US Presidents poster on a US History classroom wall: "What?"

obama7.jpg

So you're a big fan of our government as it has operated, and you're a big status quo guy?

Look at you, the big ol' Centrist,

Edited by BradInATX
  • Haha 1

Nate was talking about it in terms of being a problem electorally. I think anyone saying, "too old and white is a problem at the ballot box" is full of crap. 

Fair enough.

I'd prefer baby boomers and older just go away already though. I think I'm not in the minority.

Warren

Harris

Beto/Pete

Booker 

Sanders

..…………………………….

Biden

..……………………………....……………………………....……………………………....……………………………....……………………………....……………………………....……………………………....……………………………....……………………………....……………………………....……………………………....……………………………....……………………………....……………………………....……………………………....……………………………....……………………………....……………………………....……………………………..

De Blasio apparently

Not interested: Klobuchar, Castro, Gillibrand, Tulsi (lol go away) 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

1 - Beto
2 - Warren
3 - Harris
4 - Pete

The rest - all a big crowd of meh but if they somehow catch fire, I’ll be open to reevaluating.

Would vote for if they’re the nominee but very unenthusiastically - Sanders, Biden, Gillibrand

lolno - Tulsi

13 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The long list of 0% makes me smile every time

There's some really interesting detailed findings in the actual report: http://echeloninsights.com/wp-content/uploads/AprilOmnibus_2019DemPrimary.pdf

- Pete jumps way up when the poll is limited to verified 2016 or 2018 primary voters. Beto has a huge drop.

- Pete is still unknown to a ton of people, so he's got a lot of upside.

- "Able to beat Trump" is only 4th on the list of reasons they'll choose their candidate (7%). Experience is #1, policy #2

- Biden's support is driven by those who cite "Experience" as their reason for picking. Bernie, Beto, and Harris are driven by Policy. Pete is driven by "Young". LOL.

- Sanders leads Biden in favorable rating, despite trailing him in the poll

- 59% of voters want a candidate along the same idealogical lines of Obama. 17% want more liberal, 12% want more conservative. 

So a lot of the grumbling done by the more liberal posters is supported ("people just want to go back to status quo pre-Trump"), and some of it is not ("anyone else is voting on beating Trump, not policy").

Edited by BradInATX

1. Warren

2. Pete/Beto

3. Harris 

I like what some of the other candidates bring to the table even though they have little chance.  I like Inslee being the climate change candidate, Yang’s forward thinking ideas, Moulton’s focus on national security, Bennett’s plainspoken truths about the corruption of the federal government and yes, I even like Bernie’s revolutionary energy.  

• Like 1

I’m sure that’s some of it but let’s be real, every female candidate except Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris are pretty meh.

And both Warren and Harris are polling pretty similarly with women and men.

And it’s Friday evening and I’m tired so I won’t even bother to go on my usual rant about the shitty media coverage women candidates get in comparison to men.

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Cramping calves everywhere.

A quick lookup shows Trump lost women 41-54 to Hillary in 2016.  So every male candidate polls at least 7 points better while the two female candidates above poll more or less the same as Hillary did.  That's kind of amazing.

56 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

A quick lookup shows Trump lost women 41-54 to Hillary in 2016.  So every male candidate polls at least 7 points better while the two female candidates above poll more or less the same as Hillary did.  That's kind of amazing.

Yeah that's pretty crazy. I feel like women have a harder time shaking the "coastal elite, technocrat" label with many, especially uneducated whites. I doubt that our uneducated white swing voters in the rust belt even know those words in my quotes, but they just know they don't like them. Harris polling below Pete and Beto who both are still gaining name recognition is a little odd, since none of her, Pete or Beto have really done anything substantial to move the needle yet.

I'd be interested to see how Klobuchar polls with that same group, being from a middle-America purple state. But she's not really polling high enough for them to run those numbers on, I guess.

Edited by BradInATX

19 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

1. Warren

2. Pete/Beto

3. Harris 

I like what some of the other candidates bring to the table even though they have little chance.  I like Inslee being the climate change candidate, Yang’s forward thinking ideas, Moulton’s focus on national security, Bennett’s plainspoken truths about the corruption of the federal government and yes, I even like Bernie’s revolutionary energy.  

That's about where I'm at

48 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

D5rzCAoUEAYEy99?format=jpg&name=900x900

Why did Gillibrand vote against Mattis? Mattis was pretty good. Probably why he isn't in office anymore, and Trump outsourced the Defense Department to Boeing. 

Do Acting Secretaries get their names on the historic list of office holders?  Shanahan has actually done the job longer than Mattis did. 

Edited by FondrenRoad