2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

It's going to be Oprah isn't it?

Honestly, why not? She's an actual self-made billionaire. She is scandal-free. She seems like a very thoughtful person. She engages in a lot of legitimate philanthropic work. She's respectful of other people and has gained the genuine respect of many others.

Oprah running would not be like Trump running.

Donald Trump is legitimately the worst human being to become president. (using contemporary standards)

Oprah wouldn't even crack the top 30.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Klobuchar/O'Rourke vs. Trump/Pence would be a hell of a thing to watch.

How do I get this to happen? This would be high on my list.

Mike Pence would need to wear 3 pairs of tighty whities to contain his erection around Beto.

Edited by Js1
  • Haha 1

Honestly, why not? She's an actual self-made billionaire. She is scandal-free. She seems like a very thoughtful person. She engages in a lot of legitimate philanthropic work. She's respectful of other people and has gained the genuine respect of many others.
Oprah running would not be like Trump running.
Donald Trump is legitimately the worst human being to become president. (using contemporary standards)
Oprah wouldn't even crack the top 30.

But you see, she’s black so.....

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

If you took one thing away from 2018, it's that progressive women (and especially of color) are the new "it" candidate.

Kamala Harris on lock.  Checks all those boxes. 

from Wikipedia... GOP voter base will fill its diapers...

Harris was born on October 20, 1964, in Oakland, California, to a Tamil Indian mother, Shyamala Gopalan Harris (1938–2009) and Jamaican father, Donald Harris. Her mother was a breast cancer researcher, who emigrated from Madras, Tamil Nadu, India, in 1960, and her father a Stanford University economics professor who emigrated from Jamaica in 1961 for graduate study in economics at University of California, Berkeley. Her name, Kamala, comes from the Sanskrit word for lotus. She was extremely close to her maternal grandfather, P. V. Gopalan, an Indian diplomat, and as a child, she frequently visited her family in Besant Nagar, in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. She has one younger sister, Maya.

Tamil mom... here's a campaign song

Edited by bad_teammate

What is the difference between politics and warfare?  

Politics is the art of compromise while warfare is the art of beating your opposition into submission.

Trump’s brand of politics is warfare. There is no compromise or finding common ground.  It’s either MAGA or enemy of the people.  

This is where we are. 

A moderate politician isn’t going to beat Trump/Trumpism.

It’s going to take a warrior unafraid of going after Trumpism unapologetically while pandering to America’s better angels.  

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

A moderate politician isn’t going to beat Trump/Trumpism.

eh

A moderate isn't going to beat Trump/Trumpism in certain areas and among certain demographics, but a miquetoast centrist could win given the right electoral strategy.

Amy Klobuchar could tie up a Midwestern coalition of Very Concerned centrists and temporary-Dems (wealthy white women, etc...) and secure electoral votes in that region that Trump needs.

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The voters

This.

Democratic voters are compositionally VERY different from GOP voters and there is no credible risk of a Democratic Trump.

I wouldn't go so far as to argue that Democrats are better people than Republicans, but the Democratic voter base is simply too varied and diverse to brook any kind of _______-supremacist or _____ist. When fascism comes to American, which it likely will, it's going to be red and wearing an elephant pin. That much is clear.

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

This.

Democratic voters are compositionally VERY different from GOP voters and there is no credible risk of a Democratic Trump.

I wouldn't go so far as to argue that Democrats are better people than Republicans, but the Democratic voter base is simply too varied and diverse to brook any kind of _______-supremacist or _____ist. When fascism comes to American, which it likely will, it's going to be red and wearing an elephant pin. That much is clear.

This is conjecture but I’ve noticed minority voters, which are mostly democrats, have a much better bullshit detector than the majority demographic.  

Perhaps it’s because they’ve been disadvantaged before and can’t afford to be conned again. 

Just now, Fozzz said:

How do you explain Hillary then?

Dems can undoubtedly have bad candidates, but not Trump level. Donald Trump is literally the worst human being (by contemporary standards) to hold the office.

Hillary is way more ethical than Donald. Exponentially more ethical.

(Again, relative to Donald.)

Just now, Bozo_Casanova said:

Guy who voted for Donald Trump whining about Clinton Foundation. That’s rich.

(rolling) Yeah I'm whining. (eyes)

I'm laughing at the dumbasses who gave them money thinking it would give them access, but hey, you listen to whatever voices you hear in your little noggin m'kay punk'in.

Not a leftist but I know more misogynists than racists.  It will always be harder for a woman or person of color.  Doesn’t mean a minority woman can’t win...but there’s more roadblocks.  If you don’t admit that, you’re just intellectually dishonest.  

Hell, every single day at work I see female doctors talked to like they’re nurses and male nurses treated like doctors.  That’s common with Americans older than 65.  You know, the people that vote in the largest numbers...

• Like 2