2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

17 hours ago, Lobo said:

I’m a republican?   Really?   Holy shit.  Next you’ll tell me I’ll white too.  Proud Card carrying member and significant donor to the libertarian party.  Both national and Texas.  When you have my credentials you can open up your mouth.  I have done more in my sleep to oppose dan Patrick that you’ll ever know sweetheart.  Leave this stuff to the adults.  I’m sure you have a poetry slam to organize.  It’s gonna take awhile to bring down dan Patrick and it’s gonna take awhile to advance the libertarian cause.  Only thing they have in common is you are an absolute Zero.

Cool.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Cool.

Wait....is someone trying to argue that he's really worked hard to oppose Dan Patrick....by supporting the Libertarian party?

Just want to make sure I have that right.  I mean, it's not every day you see someone telling you to shut up, can't you see that he's busy farting into a hurricane?

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Wait....is someone trying to argue that he's really worked hard to oppose Dan Patrick....by supporting the Libertarian party?

Just want to make sure I have that right.  I mean, it's not every day you see someone telling you to shut up, can't you see that he's busy farting into a hurricane?

I strongly opposed Dan Patrick's bid for Lieutenant Governor that I left the ballot blank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently some people can belong to a third party and actively oppose an elected official from one of the major two parties at the very same time.  Happens every single day in this State.  You have been conditioned to think, and your behavior in particular bears this out Brisket, that not supporting one candidate from a particular party means you must be an ardent supported of the other party on the topic of that issue or office.  My last ballot was a careful blend of Democrats, Republicans, and Libertarians.  I like Libertarians more and give them more of my resources.  But I am hell bent on making sure people like Dan Patrick eventually go away.  It's not done through voting for Libertarians.  It's done through helping to raise money for candidates in the Texas Senate that will present a problem for his bullshit agenda going forward.  How is you don't understand the concept that people have a private set of political beliefs that maybe aren't going to come to fruition in current times in Texas, but they also use their influence to temper the bullshit spewed by fucking morons like Dan Patrick and many Democrats?  The political world is nuanced despite your bumper stickers. 

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Apparently some people can belong to a third party and actively oppose an elected official from one of the major two parties at the very same time.  Happens every single day in this State.  You have been conditioned to think, and your behavior in particular bears this out Brisket, that not supporting one candidate from a particular party means you must be an ardent supported of the other party on the topic of that issue or office.  My last ballot was a careful blend of Democrats, Republicans, and Libertarians.  I like Libertarians more and give them more of my resources.  But I am hell bent on making sure people like Dan Patrick eventually go away.  It's not done through voting for Libertarians.  It's done through helping to raise money for candidates in the Texas Senate that will present a problem for his bullshit agenda going forward.  How is you don't understand the concept that people have a private set of political beliefs that maybe aren't going to come to fruition in current times in Texas, but they also use their influence to temper the bullshit spewed by fucking morons like Dan Patrick and many Democrats?  The political world is nuanced despite your bumper stickers. 

Cool, but just know you're never going to see a Libertarian hold office unless he or she runs as a Republican or Democrat.

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Well then, if that's the case, you should have mentioned something OTHER than your pair of references to the libertarian party.  Just a suggestion for next time.

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Cool, but just know you're never going to see a Libertarian hold office unless he or she runs as a Republican or Democrat.

Yes, it is cool.  I have a set of political beliefs.  And then, also...in addition to that...plus...I also hate Dan Patrick a few other prominent officials in the state and we do our best to oppose them through helping other folks that can directly fuck with them.  And undermine their lobbying assistance.  But I can tell this is just beyond some of you.

Brisket---i like referencing the party.  It's free publicity.  Kinda like how you reference your desire to suck Dan's balls.  It's just clean fun.  

Edited by Lobo

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yes, it is cool.  I have a set of political beliefs.  And then, also...in addition to that...plus...I also hate Dan Patrick a few other prominent officials in the state and we do our best to oppose them through helping other folks that can directly fuck with them.  And undermine their lobbying assistance.  But I can tell this is just beyond some of you.

Brisket---i like referencing the party.  It's free publicity.  Kinda like how you reference your desire to suck Dan's balls.  It's just clean fun.  

Dude.  At least have a connection to reality when you try to talk smack.  Things will go a lot better for you around here.  Just offering some friendly pointers, because I'm that kinda guy.

I don't know why I had it my head you were an ardent conservative.  I really don't know how y'all keep track of people on this site, like who is who and who believes what and all that.  It took me 5 years to realize phdHorn was really wise in the ways of weather.  I remember next nothing about anybody except the guys on the Seinfeld quote thread.  

Anyway, we're having a thing with Zaffirini and Watson next month if you want to come.  No donations, just strategery.  

17 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I don't know why I had it my head you were an ardent conservative.  I really don't know how y'all keep track of people on this site, like who is who and who believes what and all that.  It took me 5 years to realize phdHorn was really wise in the ways of weather.  I remember next nothing about anybody except the guys on the Seinfeld quote thread.  

Anyway, we're having a thing with Zaffirini and Watson next month if you want to come.  No donations, just strategery.  

strategy?

33921670-scared-ostrich-burying-head-in-

23 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

That's all well and good in December of 2018, but the list of people running this time next year better be down to a manageable number.  Like 3-4.

I will take the over.

parlay it with the, “not a white, male prop”.

Edited by Incredulity

21 hours ago, Celery Man said:

surely there's 0.0% chance that, if Trump isn't running for whatever reason, Mike Pence is the nominee.  Just no way.

Either way, it’s Pence or a new Republican contender, and I somewhat agree with you - if Trump goes down because of Russia/whatever, Pence won’t come out on top.  But I could also see Trump bowing out either because he can’t win, or because he thinks the Dems will get control of the Senate and then all Hell is breaking loose. 

Pence or generic R. They aren’t going to win any Hillary states, and like I said - which Democrat(s) can not only keep WI, AZ, Mi, PA, but then win any one of Georgia, Florida, and North Carolina?

15 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Wrap it up, folks. Prepare for another 8 years of pleasant, decorous annihilation of the working class as a bland, smiling centrist does nothing to curb the evils of unchecked capitalist vampirism and gets endlessly cucked by the fascists on the right.

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

If I'm Beto, I'm definitely taking advice from someone who didn't even win their House primary.

Laura's a good person, and well-meaning.  And an utter flop at running for public office.

I think Beto's "I know how to run a race against a loathsome toad" credentials are perhaps better than most.  Again, I'm not calling any races just yet, but an argument of "Trump isn't Cruz" isn't the most compelling argument against his candidacy.  Contrast that with the arguments that he shouldn't run against Cornyn, who is NOT a loathsome toad (I mean, he's knelt to Trump, and done a lot of crappy things, but he's not a toad like Cruz or Trump are) -- most folks have said, I think correctly, that it would be a bad move for Beto to run against Cornyn in 2020.  Cornyn is a much better (or at least less repugnant to voters) candidate than Cruz and Trump.

Wrap it up, folks. Prepare for another 8 years of pleasant, decorous annihilation of the working class as a bland, smiling centrist does nothing to curb the evils of unchecked capitalist vampirism and gets endlessly cucked by the fascists on the right.

You can say that, but nothing stinks of fear and capitulation like the word “progressive”. Give me an unapologetic liberal and I’ll vote for them.
  • Like 1

I really wish both parties would do something to change the order of the early primaries.

The fact that voters in fucking Iowa and New Hampshire and South Carolina have such an inflated influence on who gets the early money and momentum and publicity is terrible.

And the primary process is too drawn out.

I’d like to see all primaries done in two months.

Divide the states into four groups.

Have four “Super Tuesdays” every two weeks.

Make the groups regional to allow for easier travel on the campaigns.

And rotate the order of the groups every election cycle so one group/region of the country isn’t always first.

Beto third place in Iowa without having done anything.  He'll win both the nomination and the general in a landslide.

That’s where I am. He’s really in great position.

That Bernie isn’t higher, despite having run in Iowa just four years ago, is telling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Beto third place in Iowa without having done anything.  He'll win both the nomination and the general in a landslide.

Agreed.

It is pretty clear from his trips to Juarez and Tornillo the past two days that he is already running, and for more than just a cabinet position,

5 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

And the concern was warranted: he suffered from early stage dementia during his second term.

This is nonsense and is sad how much it’s leaked into common knowledge.  Go watch his 1992 convention speech, four years after he left office.  Or better listen to any of his physicians that tended to him in the White House.