NCAA Basketball 2023-24

shadow_operative

58 minutes ago, Blotto said:

aggy playing their first decent competition (FAU) of the year and getting worked by 18  with about 10mins left. Buzz just got him that sweet aggy extension money, so he can go back to cruise control, per aggy tradition. 

Typical

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

aggy playing their first decent competition (FAU) of the year and getting worked by 18  with about 10mins left. Buzz just got him that sweet aggy extension money, so he can go back to cruise control, per aggy tradition. 

I posted last night they could get a 2/3 seed and win the SEC because the SEC won’t be very good this year. Arkansas is about to be knocked out of the rankings, Tennessee isn’t the best, and Kentucky hasn’t shown much yet. But the problem with aggy is them riding Taylor so much. If he played 35-38 minutes a game nearly every game, will his legs be under him come SEC play and beyond? 

9 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i think kentucky is going to be the best team in the sec by the end of the year. if they get their bigs back healthy and if hhwir freshmen start to jell, that’s going to be a dangerous team. 

I think they can be as well. My concern about picking them to win is Cal (as crazy as that sounds)

27 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Cats up 42-37 in an entertaining first half if a bit whistle happy from the Refs. UK built a 21-11 lead only to see Miami go on 18-2 run before UK retook the lead late in half.  

18-2 run by Miami

21-4 run by UK

On 11/23/2023 at 1:33 PM, Pancho said:

Aggy gets revenge on Penn State at the disney tournament. 

A&M might win the regular season SEC title and be a top 2/3 seed in the tournament 

I wouldn't bet on it. This aggy team has the same issue that all of Buzz Williams teams have had since he got there. They can't guard the 3 or shoot the 3. 

They're #259 in 3 point% on offense and #197 in 3 point% on defense (per Torvik). They do everything else well but they still can't shoot or defend the 3. 

This aggy UVA game is a microcosm of Buzz Williams at aggy. They can't shoot or defend the 3. 

Your ceiling is low when you can't defend or shoot from 3. I don't see this team doing much of anything. They will play somebody like Penn State last year that will just absolutely blitz them from 3. 

It's like aggy has a thing for coaches that are completely unwilling to adapt to the game (Buzz and Jimbo). 

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Coach purposefully humiliates you, it’s time to move on. That coach wants him to leave

I wouldn't want that dude on the team either as he doesn't exactly sound like the kind of guy you can count on. Is he gonna sit out next week if they forget the honey mustard sauce for his pre-game nuggies? But then again, if I was coach, he wouldn't have had an opportunity to lead a comeback in the 2nd half. I would probably make a shitty coach.