US Open - LA Country Club north courses

Wally Fairway

8 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

So obvs I’m cheering for Ricky. Other then Greenspoint (I know how he feels about anything OSU), would Ricky winning be a popular outcome?

4 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

I'd be pumped for Rickie. 

Lol NM after that bomb I'm pulling for Scottie, too bad creamsicle

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Schef needs to make a run

when I think us open, I think huge crowds 

And at least at oakmont the fairways will be 15 yards wide, the Pennsylvania cabbage will be deep and juicy, and the greens will be rolling at a 15. 

I drove past this morning on my way to the poors course and they are doing a lot of work for ‘25 right now. They are adding bunkers to try to take away some of the playing up the wrong fairway that was happening at the US amateur. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Faxon must get paid by the word. Jesus dude dial it down. The feature group dudes are not this annoying and much more enjoyable to listen to. Azinger and Faxon love turning the hyperbole up to 13 and it’s fucking tiresome

Every call from Azinger is a bottom of the ninth, 2 out, tieing run on third, winning run on second, Game 7 situation.

• Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

what is the start time for the leaders tomorrow?

Not available yet...  Found this

NBC’s final-round telecast is scheduled to end at 10 p.m. ET on Sunday night, one hour earlier than the 11 p.m. ET finish on Saturday night. That means we can expect Sunday tee times to be slightly earlier than they were on Saturday, likely falling within a rough window of 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. ET.

On Saturday... The final pairing of Rickie Fowler and Wyndham Clark set off for their rounds at 6:40 p.m. ET.

Edited by LTtxfan

31 minutes ago, ztejas said:

And I'll give NBC some credit here. The coverage (right now) is great. Someone on reddit said he counted 27 straight shots without an ad. 

Agree.  This last hour or so the TV coverage has definitely been better...  

4 minutes ago, pops said:

Fuck the haters. I think this course kicks ass. I love the 30s/40s architecture vibe. 

It's fine. I don't think they should be playing a US Open there. The front 9 is too gettable. Also the crowd is sparse.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It's fine. I don't think they should be playing a US Open there. The front 9 is too gettable. Also the crowd is sparse.

I like seeing these guys suffer in the us open, but this course looks great and the golf has been outstanding.  And the scores yesterday and today have been in line with what they want, probably tomorrow as well. 

Hell, the top 7 on page 1 there have more above par today than below and -2 is the low round between them and he needed a hole out from 196 to get it. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1