US Open - LA Country Club north courses

Wally Fairway

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

Nobody should have to sign up to that worthless fucking network to watch our national golf championship. Fuck NBC for putting the morning rounds  on their bullshit Peacock network, and fuck the USGA for contractually allowing it.

Help us Yasir Al-Rumayyan, you're our only hope. 

I don't think I get the Al Jazeera network either.

• Like 1

I don't mind the course being scorable but what's annoying is all of the tools during the week being like "Guys... THIS is what the rough looks like at LACC this week", "Just WATCH where this ball winds up on the 14th fairway", "Someone just shared with me this video of the 9th green. Nuts."

If you're gonna play up the course every single year then maybe it shouldn't have multiple guys posting sub 64s on the first day. Or finishing in the teens. 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Why is it always “wyd” and never “ewwwhatareyoudoinghere” #snl #sat... |  TikTok

I think @kingkoopa6 lives somewhere like Highland Park or something.  So he'd have a brutal drive on the 110 south to the 10 west to National, then south to Olympic, east to Beverly Glen, and the south to Wilshire, right to LACC.  That's how the locals would do it.

6 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

I think @kingkoopa6 lives somewhere like Highland Park or something.  So he'd have a brutal drive on the 110 south to the 10 west to National, then south to Olympic, east to Beverly Glen, and the south to Wilshire, right to LACC.  That's how the locals would do it.

Highland park is the LA spurs home bar.  ( greyhound ). I live in garden grove… 22 to 405 hov. ( solo driver gives no fucks )

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I wouldnt put too much into low scoring on day 1. We've seen it in majors before, and then the winning score ends up being -5 or something lol

The winning score is almost always lower than the R1 lead. The exception being years where the winner is around par or over par you might have a guy fire a -1 or -2 in R1. 

It wasn’t as up close and personal as farmers or genesis. Prolly cuz the wide fairways. it’s def not kind to spectators. 

Weekend might be better with less players to try and follow  

Concessions and restrooms near by a lot  so that’s awesome  

if you wanted to get close to tee shots or putting  it wasn’t hard   

One thing that pisses me off about the LACC is that it sits on 313 prime acres in Beverly Hills that I’ve seen value estimates as high as $6-9 billion. They pay $300K/yr.  in property taxes. Are they classified as a church? No wonder California is broke. 

Edited by TonyTexas

22 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

One thing that pisses me off about the LACC is that it sits on 313 prime acres in Beverly Hills that I’ve seen value estimates as high as $6-9 billion. They pay $300K/yr.  in property taxes. Are they classified as a church? No wonder California is broke. 

Prop 13 yo

Oh, and not broke

Edited by Upgrayedd
Jarvis