2023 College World Series

Horny Bull

Wake Forest making a pitching change here based on pitch count is odd. I know he was on short days rest (based on college standards) but this is wild. 

3 minutes ago, WBT said:

I know they have a great pen but Lowder is only at 88 pitches.  I don't get it.

Especially when they've only made contact with his breaking stuff a couple times. He doesn't need to throw hard. 

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Difference in this game may be Skenes throwing 140 and WF making a quick change. 

Man, I get protecting your arms but huge stakes involved. 

If the Wake guy was at Stanford we probably make trip #39.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:

Pardon my ignorance but why is wake forest not the home team for the final game of this bracket when they’re the 1 seed?

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

They were home in first matchup this tourney, LSU was yesterday, coin flip today. 

You sure?

I didn't think they got to a coin flip until they have an equal number of home and aways.

Heading into tonight, Wake was H-H-A, and LSU was H-A-A-H, meaning LSU would host by Rule 2.

4 minutes ago, gatormarc said:

You sure?

I didn't think they got to a coin flip until they have an equal number of home and aways.

Heading into tonight, Wake was H-H-A, and LSU was H-A-A-H, meaning LSU would host by Rule 2.

It only matters between the two teams, not the rest of tourney. 

Once we get to the Super Regionals and CWS Finals, it’s a bit easier.

For Game 1, the better-seeded team is at home and for Game 2, the better-seeded team is away. Because the best-of-three series is an entirely new tournament, immediately after Game 2 they’ll flip a coin for last ups in Game 3.