2023 College World Series

Horny Bull

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Ha, gotta end the interview. 

And back after a chat with blue, seamlessly discussing the conversation with the umps.  It's like he's a completely disinterested observer.  

That balk call needs to come back.  

Edit.  Saarloos completely fine with the reversed call:  "I think they got that right all the way around," even though it took a run off the board.  Wow.  

Edited by nnm
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

my dad has been several times, all he does is rave about those trips. he's a ut fan, but says it's worth even if ut isn't in it

Yep, it’s got to be great experience regardless of Texas playing or not.  I’ve went to about 5 OU football games and one Texas NC football game but never to CWS.

• Hook 'Em 1

I've watched all of these CWS games, and the regionals/supers, on the ESPN app, on one of my devices or on the ESPN app on AppleTV.  It's pretty seamless.  Only downside is that they have a rotation of about 4 commercials.  Over and over and over and over again.  

36 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

For my bucket list, I want to go to CWS next year if the Horns make it there.  Anyone know the hotel the Texas fans and/or team usually stay at?

Team hotels won’t be assigned until the field is set and by that time it will be impossible to get a room in one of those hotels

• Hook 'Em 1

Bizarre play.  Runners on 2B and 3B.  Chopper to SS, 2B runner gets caught between bases, gets run down and tagged.  Fielder pushes runner on 3B off the base, and then tags the runner.  Only one of the runners called out.    Let's see what blue decides.  

Edit:  wow.  Ump reverses call after review, calls runner at 3B out.  Double play.  Apparently the call is in the ump's discretion.

Edited by nnm

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Didn't see the whole play, why wasn't the runner at third going home there? 

I think he saw the rundown was in progress and knew he'd be an easy out at home if he tried to run.  

1 minute ago, tx ind said:

this is bullshit if they call him out

If they do, then TCU should just walk up to every runner, shove them off the base and tag them out.  Of course, they can't do that...which is why this should have been a 10 second review.

That's bad.  Laughably bad.

TCU should:

Intentionally walk the next ORU batter.  Walk over to first base, knock the runner off the base, tag them out, and then go absolutely bananas if the umps do anything except call them out.

Repeat twice more in the inning.  

Make a mockery out of it.

• Haha 1

Frogs load 'em up with 2 outs.  Need a nice double to right the karmic forces from that ridiculous call.  

Edit:  Nope, strikeout, stranding the runners.  B6, 6-1 frogs.

Edited by nnm

59 minutes ago, Hondo said:

Guessing Oklahoma State fan.  They can't ever get past Oral Roberts.  Bob is like OSU's kryptonite.

That part is super annoying, but not where my issues lie. I live in Tulsa and its just a weird place with weird people. Some if it is Cloak Room. Neflix has a movie called Come Sunday which is more about Rev. Carlton Pearson but has a lot to do with Oral Roberts, played by Martin Sheen. It's just not a place I'm proud of living here. 

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, nnm said:

Can't imagine that Frogs can beat Gata twice, especially with Gata getting the extra day of rest.  

I imagine people were saying the same about them winning at Arkansas twice.  Their bats will really have to carry them though after having to pitch an extra game already.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, nnm said:

Strikeout looking to end it.  Go home Bob.

Frogs have won as many CWS games this year as aggy has in the history of their program.

But SECX3, so advantage aggy.

This was true before last year.  They doubled their all-time CWS win total with their 2-win appearance in '22, which is still pretty funny.

10 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

This was true before last year.  They doubled their all-time CWS win total with their 2-win appearance in '22, which is still pretty funny.

Had they won one before last year? I thought last year was their first ever win in Omaha. 

43 minutes ago, nnm said:

Strikeout looking to end it.  Go home Bob.

Frogs have won as many CWS games this year as aggy has in the history of their program.

But SECX3, so advantage aggy.

If Gata makes it to the CWS finals - that’s 3 times since 2011 (4 since 2005).  It is really, really f’n hard to get there. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2