GOLD CUP 2023 (General Discussion)

Napoleon

11 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Weak ass mfing contact for that PK buts it’s L tri in Texas 

Got dammed right. El Tri can never do it alone.

Mexico may win lots of CONCACAF matches in qualifying or Nations League or the Gold Cup, but that's often with an assist from refs. Those refs aren't there to help at the World Cup, though, which is one reason why El Tri can't make it past the quarters (or out of their own group as was the case with Qatar).

NARRATOR: The kid wasn't even hers.

Panama embarrassing Qatar shouldn't be a surprise. The Canaleros sent their A team and have been playing well. Meanwhile, Qatar sent its B side and then was forced to play without many of those starters tonight because the CONCACAF ref from Canada during the group finale against Mexico got frustrated about not being able to push El Tri to victory so he instead dished out NINE cautions to Qatari players.
So basically, Panama is playing Qatar's C team.

Either way fuck Qatar and fuck Concacaf for inviting them!
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Jerry World turf is fucking awful.  Looks like,Jerry’s face 

they commented on it - entire field was purchased by concacaf a year ago from a company in georgia that has contracts with fifa, concacaf, etc. and a number of the rolls were accidentally caught in a thunderstorm (?) which made them look like shit

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

The Jamaican absolutely stomped on the Guatemalan’s balls on purpose. I can’t believe that that isn’t being reviewed for a yellow card. 

Believe this match features the same Canadian ref who dished out nine yellows to the Qataris v. Mexico, so that might speak to his competence.

Just now, Knoxtnhorn said:

If Rubin wasn't so busy flopping, he might have scored there 

Guatemala's front four have been awful. Decent play in back and in midfield getting forward, but the moment the ball found the feet of Mejia, Mendez, Altan or Rubin, it was almost an instant turnover, and usually from a poorly struck or ill-conceived pass that would spring Jamaica for a counter.

This could be wishcasting, but I think Jamaica is going to be a problem for El Tri. The Reggae Boyz's size and speed could expose Mexico's shitty backline. Gonna boil down to reffing (cards and penalties).

• Hook 'Em 1

i still dont see any strategy to use their best weapon

antonio is doubled in the prem so he only scored 5 in 33 appearances last season but in all appearances he scored 14 in 48 including 7 in 11 european appearances

he's the best striker in concacaf

he's got the bulk and strength to turn tri bitchass in the box, but not when he is tripled

34 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i still dont see any strategy to use their best weapon

I’m not one to stereotype, but…

…Are you referring to…

Spoiler

IMG_4630.png.f21582543d3bcfc52cab241489fde7f5.png
IMG_4631.png.fdf36af4550b882d4c97c15a4f992d4e.png

Because if so, I’m not sure how that wouldn’t draw a red card. 

image.gif.3ce7f184193a599faefdaa76e8823586.gif

On 7/9/2023 at 6:05 PM, Braff Zacklin said:

This could be wishcasting, but I think Jamaica is going to be a problem for El Tri. The Reggae Boyz's size and speed could expose Mexico's shitty backline. Gonna boil down to reffing (cards and penalties).

Nailed it. Jamaica got pretty thoroughly dominated.

So is the gold cup not really a big deal to anyone? That USA-Panama crowd was terrible. None of my Mexican friends or family have been talking or posting about it either even with Mexico making the finals.

Edited by Helobious
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Nailed it. Jamaica got pretty thoroughly dominated.

So is the gold cup not really a big deal to anyone? That USA-Panama crowd was terrible. None of my Mexican friends or family have been talking or posting about it either even with Mexico making the finals.

Braff consistently has no idea what he's talking about.

And yeah - Nations League has replaced Gold Cup as the marquee tourney in CONCACAF. Everyone brings their A squad for Nations League. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/14/2023 at 9:54 PM, Ted Lange said:

Nobody cares about the gold cup anymore, none of the guys good enough to play in Europe play in it, it’s everybody’s b at best teams. 

tri will declare themselves enchubbened with a win tonight, or fire the new coach if they lose

(narrator: they're not going to lose; stan kroenke would prefer to avoid major damage to his palace)

6 minutes ago, Helobious said:

It’s hilarious how offended everyone gets about that cheer. Snowflake generation indeed

If you don’t show some respect, there is a long line of sensitive ladies willing to shove their ducks down your throat until you come around. 

PS- There are a shitload of Mexicans in a stadium in Inglewood, CA.

PPS- How did El Tri not score just then?

😳😂

Edited by Napoleon
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Helobious said:

It’s hilarious how offended everyone gets about that cheer. Snowflake generation indeed

Grew up in Central America. Heard it too many times. And they are. Fuck em. Flopping bitches. 

Oh, the Sox are tied with the Yankees Puuuuttttttoooooo.  Y Mira chavo cuando queres hablar en español dime.