Immaculate Grid

tokamak

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

ok, this feels like something that everyone else here must already know, but

Hide contents

NOLAN RYAN NEVER WON A CY YOUNG??? WHAT?!?

You haven’t seen his documentary have you?

and yeah, it was mentioned upthread a few days ago 

Edited by UTexasFight

Immaculate Grid 98 6/9:

🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler

Awful. I got hung up on the awards which I usually don’t do. Thought maybe Jack Morris got a Cy young with Minny but letting game 7 of the ‘91 series taint my memory (which is funny because if you slide his name one square to the left, it would have hit as he pitched exactly one year with each of MIN and CLE. Thought for sure the pride of Van Meter, Iowa got 3k K’s with the Indians but Bob Feller finished his career with 2,581. Fuck the nazis 

E94B6C14-922B-42D5-9427-01B5A0432953.thumb.jpeg.a002fdd25c4f00f8cf522ff72821f48d.jpeg

Edited by UTexasFight

2 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Immaculate Grid 98 6/9:

🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

Reveal hidden contents

Awful. I got hung up on the awards which I usually don’t do. Thought maybe Jack Morris got a Cy young with Minny but letting game 7 of the ‘91 series taint my memory (which is funny because if you slide his name one square to the left, it would have hit as he pitched exactly one year with each of MIN and CLE. Thought for sure the pride of Van Meter, Iowa got 3k K’s with the Indians but Bob Feller finished his career with 2,581. Fuck the nazis 

E94B6C14-922B-42D5-9427-01B5A0432953.thumb.jpeg.a002fdd25c4f00f8cf522ff72821f48d.jpeg

Bob Feller got me too

Holy shit I took awhile on Cle/Min and then for the 3000K Cle guy I just threw a hail mary out there because I couldn't think of anyone who played for them who had 3000K so I just guessed with my last guess.  

Immaculate Grid 98 9/9:

IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

12.thumb.JPG.d1cbd667536374e9240995d3c9251091.JPG

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

So single season stats and awards have to be when playing on the team in question but career stats do not. 

RZqhWI.gif

(Yes I was thinking my Clemens answer might have been wrong, too)

It's in the list of instructions in the "how to play" pop-up when you first visit the site.  But ain't nobody got time for that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So single season stats and awards have to be when playing on the team in question but career stats do not. 
RZqhWI.gif
(Yes I was thinking my Clemens answer might have been wrong, too)
Yeah i was worried about this cause I was like....no way in hell i am getting pitchers who had their 3000k with a certain team. So i put in Pedro for Red Sox and it worked so I knew it wasn't the other way

32 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

It's in the list of instructions in the "how to play" pop-up when you first visit the site.  But ain't nobody got time for that. 

But it's not. I looked earlier today and it didn't say anything about career stats unless my rage blinded me. I had never read it before so assumed it did. 

Edited by Huckleberry

Yeah I thought you had to name the guy with the team when he reached the milestone 

but the instructions don’t cover that.

And it’s definitely not how it works because I got credit for Pedro under Red Sox even though he got 3,000 with the Mets (forgot he even pitched there) and Sabathia with Cleveland even though he got 3,000 with the yankees

Immaculate Grid 99 6/9:

🟩

🟩🟩

🟩🟩🟩

I suck

Spoiler

Screenshot_20230710_224039_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a812a31a1430dd36d1eceefcef0d9088.jpg

For the Joan Rivers position I was trying to think of the guy that was on the Astros for like 2 months and did the complete tour of the AL East but Steve Pearce wouldn't come to me until I had used up all my guesses.

Edited by WBT

Apparently if you want a low similarity score (is 74 good?) you just have to go with old guys on the awards even if they are obvious? Reggie Jackson, Jim Palmer and Dale Murphy are all really obvious all stars with their teams if you are a certain age but that got 1, 2 and 3% respectively. 

1 hour ago, Guadaloopy said:

Immaculate Grid 99 7/9:

🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

I was cruising through my first 7 guesses.  All correct and 6 out of 7 single digit rarity.  Then finished with two big whiffs.  

Hide contents

IMG_1011.thumb.jpeg.044371c8d82cc11c0d82a3d850dc0e47.jpeg

You forgot the Congerbot!  Went from Anaheim to Houston to Tampa in succession. 

Oh man the second one today is like my dream grid. Astros and old teams (plus the Mets), stat is season hits total.

Immaculate Grid 100 9/9:
Rarity: 52
IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
Play at:
https://immaculategrid.com

Spoiler

Screenshot_20230711_102418_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0ea2382c956a135e2c3000bddeccc118.jpg

Got lazy with Piazza but still 52 rarity. And Abreu would work everywhere in the Astros column. 

Looks like they made it better with stats if you scroll down after you finish

Immaculate Grid 100 9/9:
Rarity: 208
IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

would have loved to go Yordan for top left, but went next best thing.

a13d36368832534e4ab693f18c512495.jpg

Same damn thing.  Blew through the first 7 guesses with rarity score of 10% or lower in each.  Had visions of a sub-100 score and whiffed on the last two.

Spoiler

Fuck you Justin Turner and Scott Rolen.

Immaculate Grid 100 7/9:
Rarity: 235
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩

Spoiler

IMG_1013.thumb.jpeg.17085f74c8d4b608989a15870805302b.jpeg

Edited by Guadaloopy

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

Immaculate Grid 100 9/9:
Rarity: 208
IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

Hide contents

would have loved to go Yordan for top left, but went next best thing.

a13d36368832534e4ab693f18c512495.jpg

Spoiler

Typically a random, mediocre reliever that hasn't pitched in 4 years would be a very low percentage.  Absolutely love that Fields is in the double digits purely because of the Yordan trade.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Scraps said:

Sports Reference LLC has acquired the online baseball-themed trivia game, Immaculate Grid. 

This unique opportunity and acquisition for Sports Reference is the company’s first venture into expanding its websites to have playable content. With over one million users a day, Baseball Reference hopes to drive new traffic to the game, and vice versa. 

Moving forward, the Immaculate Grid game will now be integrated into Baseball-Reference.com, enticing players to dive down the rabbit hole of the site and learn more about players, teams, and statistics.

An homage to baseball’s immaculate inning, Immaculate Grid tests the knowledge of baseball fans with a daily game allowing players nine guesses to complete a nine square grid. Immaculate Grid was launched by Brian Minter on April 4th and by mid-June was seeing over 100,000 daily plays. Brian is a baseball fan and software engineer in Atlanta, Georgia who conceived of the game during his free time.

"Brian has built an incredibly engaging game that has attracted hundreds of thousands of fans. I've spent many mornings scouring the recesses of my brain looking for that one player who played for both the Phillies and the Padres. We are excited Brian reached out to us about expanding his game to additional sports. Many on our team have been active players of the game for months now, and we are excited to bring it to all of our sites," said Sean Forman, President of Sports Reference LLC, "I can assure fans of the game, we aren't looking to change what makes the game great."

A new feature of the game will include a list of possible answers in the summary section. Users will now be able to see all potential players, visit their Baseball Reference page, or see Stathead query results.

Good stuff

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Oh man the second one today is like my dream grid. Astros and old teams (plus the Mets), stat is season hits total.

Immaculate Grid 100 9/9:
Rarity: 52
IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
Play at:
https://immaculategrid.com

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20230711_102418_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0ea2382c956a135e2c3000bddeccc118.jpg

Got lazy with Piazza but still 52 rarity. And Abreu would work everywhere in the Astros column. 

That right column:

EFE066BA-B141-4B2D-8ABF-8457933C3953.gif.7acdbbb95463d75fcbc6cf0a3c5a7440.gif

(I’ll give you bottom right).

Fair to question it but I'm a balls in play nerd / 3TO hater. Famous single season hits totals is something I know. Combs is very obvious because his big hits total season was for the 1927 Yankees, I'm far from the only one who knows lots of stats for that team. Klein had one of the only 250+ seasons which everyone watched Ichiro pass.

Wheat is the only one that some stat nerds might not know. Now if you made me name players with 200+ hits since Ichiro last did it not named Altuve I'd have a problem. Although I guess not many guys reach that number anymore anyway. 

• Hook 'Em 3

28 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Fair to question it but I'm a balls in play nerd / 3TO hater. Famous single season hits totals is something I know. Combs is very obvious because his big hits total season was for the 1927 Yankees, I'm far from the only one who knows lots of stats for that team. Klein had one of the only 250+ seasons which everyone watched Ichiro pass.

Wheat is the only one that some stat nerds might not know. Now if you made me name players with 200+ hits since Ichiro last did it not named Altuve I'd have a problem. Although I guess not many guys reach that number anymore anyway. 

I thought Mattingly and sax were deep cuts at less than 5% when I put them up there.