Immaculate Grid

tokamak

Some of y’all are way better at the history than I am. If it’s not a current player or a legend, I usually got nothin’. The names of decent but not great players from 2 decades ago may as well be the combination to my junior high locker. 

1 hour ago, tokamak said:

Some of y’all are way better at the history than I am. If it’s not a current player or a legend, I usually got nothin’. The names of decent but not great players from 2 decades ago may as well be the combination to my junior high locker. 

Dude I'm the worst:

Immaculate Grid 91 3/9:

🟩
🟩🟩

Just now, Spaulding Smails said:

It was one of the ones I missed today, but it sent me down a rabbit hole....

Since 1937, The As have only had one player with 200+ hits in a season.  That's pretty incredible.  My Carney Lansford guess was off.  

Same guess. Was stumped when that was wrong- after reading here that Rickey didn’t do it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

It was one of the ones I missed today, but it sent me down a rabbit hole....
Since 1937, The As have only had one player with 200+ hits in a season.  That's pretty incredible.  My Carney Lansford guess was off.  
Yep and thats how i fucked myself cause i used him for Baltimore first

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Wait. Does the player have to have the stat with the team the square matches up with?  Or in this case can it be a player that has a 200 hit season anywhere and also played for the A’s?

I think has to happen with the team

Immaculate Grid 91 9/9:

IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

Seems like memorizing all the teams Edwin Jackson played for will be useful in this game. 
Who the fuck did you put for st louis/bal? Edwin? (which looks to work) I sat on that one forever and couldn't come up with anyone

1 hour ago, Scraps said:
2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:
Immaculate Grid 91 9/9:

IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

Seems like memorizing all the teams Edwin Jackson played for will be useful in this game. 

Who the fuck did you put for st louis/bal? Edwin? (which looks to work) I sat on that one forever and couldn't come up with anyone

Correct. And that was a tough one but went with Edwin (hadn't memorized his teams yet but now I need to). So a lucky/strategic guess. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Mine looks like shit today because besides the wrong carney lansford guess, I thought sandy alomar Jr played for Balt and chisox- and even worse I fat fingered sandy alomar sr first so that was two guesses gone. 

You were probably thinking of Roberto Alomar, which is a correct answer.

15 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Wait. Does the player have to have the stat with the team the square matches up with?  Or in this case can it be a player that has a 200 hit season anywhere and also played for the A’s?

Verified this when I went with Eric Gagne for the top right today.  Did not work. 

26 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Twins closer was my hangup. After i got it right i looked it up and there are only 5 correct answers i believe for that category

Looks like Red Sox only have 6. And 1 guy fits for both team

Hide contents

jeff reardon

Yeah, when I looked up Twins saves leaders, I said oh yeah that guy about all of them.  Getting old sucks.

And I have no excuse for not getting Arraez.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, WBT said:

Getting old sucks

Couldn’t recall kimbrel’s name though I could see his little mound posture in my head. Then tried to recall their bearded closer (reardon as mentioned) but wasn’t sure if he had 40 saves and the only name my brain would connect with an older bearded pitcher was sutcliffe.  Too many summer afternoons as a kid in the mid eighties watching the cubs on wgn i guess.

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 2

Immaculate Grid 92 7/9:

🟩🟩🟩
🟩
🟩🟩🟩

Got a 0.3% Red Sox/Brewer and a 1%er for 40+ save/All Star

Spoiler

373 rarity. Got cute trying to find a rare Marlin all star before settling for the obvious (Miggy) (no Juan Pierre or Livan Hernandez)

76A490B1-98AD-4BB9-86BB-3CC2153296E3.thumb.jpeg.3d32403c59b4dcec9cfd9aa57690ed71.jpeg

I really suck at this game. I don't watch a lot of other teams, and don't really follow transaction all that much. So I really don't know whose been with which team. Still a fun game. I wish there was some way to just resign and see correct answers, but I haven't found one, other than just picking players for the boxes. 

12 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I really suck at this game. I don't watch a lot of other teams, and don't really follow transaction all that much. So I really don't know whose been with which team. Still a fun game. I wish there was some way to just resign and see correct answers, but I haven't found one, other than just picking players for the boxes. 

Yeah. It’s embarassing how hard it is for me to name guys that played for two teams.

I get the stat/award boxes pretty easily 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Couldn’t recall kimbrel’s name though I could see his little mound posture in my head.

Exact same for me but thankfully Papelbon popped into my head instead