Immaculate Grid

tokamak

Fail.

Immaculate Grid 101 8/9:
Rarity: 273
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩

I knew it wasn't Frank or Luis Robert....but could not think of any who won it...except I did think of one but didn't guess them cause I had no clue he did (ozzie). Should've thought about Abreu obviously, but didn't even cross my mind.

df3c341f2d3170b6e85243617fea6b6e.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

This morning that I just got in under the wire:

Screenshot_20230711_200537_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e5767491c4240e4019b316f9fe386a09.jpg

I was happy with my Jeff Juden pull.  Should have gone Franklin Stubbs for Astros/Dodgers, just because.

Also with the recency bias in this game, I should have gone with Ruth, Gehrig, or Joe D over Jeter.  I would not have been able to pull Earle Combs

Immaculate Grid 101 7/9:
Rarity: 424
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩

Spoiler

IMG_1018.thumb.jpeg.cf0a9c4e9d20352717997df2a1612c9b.jpeg
Happy with the Blummer pick.  Smacking my forehead that I forgot Abreu.  Knew it wasn’t Cease, Robert, or Jimenez, so I guessed Sale.  Somehow mixed up Teoscar Hernandez in my mind with the Greinke trade and thought he passed through AZ at some point.   Forgot he went to TOR in the Liriano trade two years before the Greinke trade.

• Hook 'Em 1

And the new one:

Immaculate Grid 101 9/9:

Rarity: 277

IMMACULATE!

🟩🟩🟩

🟩🟩🟩

🟩🟩🟩

Play at:

https://immaculategrid.com

Spoiler

Screenshot_20230711_214322_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.48e00aaa555951370219dac95652d243.jpg

This one was cool in that originally I was thinking Ichiro for bottom middle and Abreu for bottom right but thought of other guys for those squares and moved both of them over

It's cool that baseball reference bought this out and will now show all the possible correct answers.  I wonder how much the creator got

Immaculate Grid 101 8/9:
Rarity: 325
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩

Spoiler

Screenshot_20230712_072156_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a2d7a919e8190204c99ee5147648c951.jpg

Terrible rarity but got burned by faulty memory of Big Hurt. Remembered his huge first season but forgot they had called him up the year before so he wasn't ROY eligible. Honestly don't pay much attention to ROY so once I saw the Julio Rodriguez and Ichiro high percentages I gave up on rarity today. 

4 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Immaculate Grid 101 7/9:
Rarity: 470
🟩🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.931054a3901537cf72afafd4d60d4aea.png

I also lost a pick on Big Hurt

Wait, on your bottom right pick...the 100 rbi season doesn't have to be the same season that they won ROY?  That makes it a lot easier.

5 hours ago, shadow_operative said:
  Hide contents

also l, i fucked up today's grid so badly i won't even post it. the one thing i did do right was choose trout over KB on the ROY w 100+ rbi. KB finished w 99. oof. 

well now you can't even take the W on that lol jk 

1 hour ago, WBT said:

Wait, on your bottom right pick...the 100 rbi season doesn't have to be the same season that they won ROY?  That makes it a lot easier.

Dumb. 
I didn’t realize this so went with the ‘75 AL ROY. He won another award that year and figured no way he could have gotten that award without at least 100 RBIs

I bet they come out with an “advanced” mode with those kind of rules. Or like the other day when you had to name a 3,000 K guy requiring the player’s name to match the team he played for when he got 3k.

Fun side game after you finish is to the click the link to all the possible 500 HR names and figure out who goes with which team (without scrolling to the right where the list all of the teams each member of the 500 HR club played for).

the Giants I got.

the A’s were harder.

the Tigers, kudos to you if you got any other than the obvious one. 

Spoiler

Miggy is easy. Never would have remembered Sheffield was in Detroit. Or Matthews who hit the final 9 of his 512 with Detroit.

and if I knew it, I completely forgot he hit #500 with the Astros.

1 hour ago, UTexasFight said:

Fun side game after you finish is to the click the link to all the possible 500 HR names and figure out who goes with which team (without scrolling to the right where the list all of the teams each member of the 500 HR club played for).

the Giants I got.

the A’s were harder.

the Tigers, kudos to you if you got any other than the obvious one. 

Hide contents

Miggy is easy. Never would have remembered Sheffield was in Detroit. Or Matthews who hit the final 9 of his 512 with Detroit.

and if I knew it, I completely forgot he hit #500 with the Astros.

Man, I would have guessed Al kaline had 500.

20 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Man, I would have guessed Al kaline had 500.

Yeah I guessed him first. 

It is kind of weird that the Tigers only really have Miggy, they have a long history of excellent hitting. 

I mean...come on. Eddie Mathews was a Brave. 

Immaculate Grid 103 8/9:

Rarity: 169

🟩🟩🟩

🟩🟩

🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler

Screenshot_20230713_221339_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.4a7b719630eb83b0e94a40eb21181f1b.jpg

I guessed Norm Charlton...wrong Nasty Boy.  Randy Myers would have worked.

Two former Astro relievers also could have worked...X Man and John Hudek.

• Hook 'Em 2