EPL 2023/24: Oil, Money and Power

Captain Ron

Unai.

The team believes in him, therefore themselves. Shows that the right leadership can bring out the best talent in the same team.

Kinda like Herman -> Sark.

....and fuck. After dominating the second half, Villa give up what is probably the match winner.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah that's a tough result. Y'all had played very well since I turned it on. That header could have easily found the net.

I knew there was another goal in that match, though. They were looking dangerous on the counter despite as many chances as Villa created on the other end.

12 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

“Just let the clock keep running until Liverpool scores.”

-Richard Masters, probably

IIRC Forest were booked twice for time-wasting in added time; we would have wanted a bit extra added had it been us.

All Hudson-Oddi had to do at the end is kick the ball as far as he can to clear. Instead he tried to dribble…

• Like 1

You can complain about the awarding of the ball back to Kelleher after Konate went down with the head injury. Ref did the same thing for Forest in the first half. Plus, a Forest player karate kicked Konate in the head so it should've been a foul regardless. Nunez kicked the ball in at 98:38. I guess by the letter of the law, the ref should've blown the whistle after the missed corner but he added more because of Forest's time wasting. And Forest still had a chance to take the ball down and answer after the goal. Or you can think it's all a conspiracy to hand Liverpool a win when VAR could've awarded a penalty when Danns was taken down on a corner before stoppage but didn't. 

You can complain about the awarding of the ball back to Kelleher after Konate went down with the head injury. Ref did the same thing for Forest in the first half. Plus, a Forest player karate kicked Konate in the head so it should've been a foul regardless. Nunez kicked the ball in at 98:38. I guess by the letter of the law, the ref should've blown the whistle after the missed corner but he added more because of Forest's time wasting. And Forest still had a chance to take the ball down and answer after the goal. Or you can think it's all a conspiracy to hand Liverpool a win when VAR could've awarded a penalty when Danns was taken down on a corner before stoppage but didn't. 

Everything that’s bad for Arsenal is a vast conspiracy.

Everything that’s good for Arsenal is immaculate.

It’s really not that hard.

7 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

I don’t know how VAR didn’t have the ref look at that. 

I’m not sure how there can even be a discussion. It’s a clear pen. You can’t just high boot and hit someone and it be ok. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Kicks to the chest in the box are apparently allowed now.

Nothing to see here.

-Michael Oliver

IMG_4660.jpeg

8 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

I don’t know how VAR didn’t have the ref look at that. 

Mike Dean told us last year: they don’t want to embarrass their mates. 

IMG_4661.jpeg

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

I’m not sure how there can even be a discussion. It’s a clear pen. You can’t just high boot and hit someone and it be ok. 

when it happened i said aloud that it wouldn’t be overturned because that’s just the way this stupid shit goes. even the announcers are complicit. they sit there and bend over backwards to act like the obviously incorrect call was correct. it’s goddamn ridiculous.

Edited by shadow_operative

Well that was a proper Charlie Fox in front of the Villa goal at the end to apparently give the Hammers the winner that is overturned for the second time this match by VAR. Someone needs to tell West Ham that they can't play the ball off their arms.

But regardless...

8681731078dc66f318e4e267f62ccc83.jpg