2023 Other Games Thread

shadow_operative2.0

I posted this on the gambling board but I’ll post it here too. How in the hell is Iowa State only favored by 2.5 points at Ohio? Sure, ISU’s not great and Ohio is expected to compete for the MAC championship. The Bobcats return 15 starters with 2 experienced QBs and it’s at home. But they’re still a MAC team. They lost 43-10 at Iowa State last year (where they were 19 pt dogs). The Cyclones are coming off a loss to Iowa so there’s no way they’re looking ahead to the Baylor game. Are they really that bad or is Ohio that good?

This is one of those lines that seems so far off it makes you think someone knows something you don’t. 

Chris Fallica, the picker guy on Big Noon Kickoff, says he likes Ohio and the points. Says ISU is 6-20 (or something like that) in “these close games” referring to the point spread. I generally pay no attention to him or people like him. It’s usually a good opportunity to flip around. But okay, now I’m interested. This will put him to the test. Let’s see if he knows what he’s talking about.

Boy, how will it look for the Cyclones (and Matt Campbell) if they follow up a home loss to Iowa with a narrow win, or worse yet a loss, at Ohio?

Of course if they win comfortably then I’ll just conclude it was a bad line and this Fallica dude is a moron.

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I posted this on the gambling board but I’ll post it here too. How in the hell is Iowa State only favored by 2.5 points at Ohio? Sure, ISU’s not great and Ohio is expected to compete for the MAC championship. The Bobcats return 15 starters with 2 experienced QBs and it’s at home. But they’re still a MAC team. They lost 43-10 at Iowa State last year (where they were 19 pt dogs). The Cyclones are coming off a loss to Iowa so there’s no way they’re looking ahead to the Baylor game. Are they really that bad or is Ohio that good?

This is one of those lines that seems so far off it makes you think someone knows something you don’t. 

Iowa State isn't very good.

How in the hell is Iowa State only favored by 2.5 points at Ohio?

Sure, ISU’s not great and Ohio is expected to compete for the MAC championship. The Bobcats return 15 starters with 2 experienced QBs and it’s at home.

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

Iowa State isn't very good.

I know. They weren’t good last year either but still beat Ohio by 33 pts. Hard to believe OU is that much better this year or that home field advantage will make that much of a difference.

Go Bobcats. That would be a huge win for them if they can pull off the upset. They’d be partyin’ down in Athens tonight.