2023 Other Games Thread

shadow_operative2.0

On 10/9/2023 at 8:44 AM, ClubWhatever said:

99/100 teams would kill to have him as coach.  He's 17-3, 12-1 in conference.  He's lost 13 games his entire career.  

As a Pitt and AU fan I'd sure as hell love to have him coaching the offenses. I'm very interested in how their trip to South Bend goes Saturday. It's an intriguing match up. Can Sam Hartman not throw INTs against USC and keep the Fighting Irish matching USC's offense? I don't know. It will be fun to watch.

Strange 4th & 2 call for Coastal. Inside the 15 and QB is stuffed. Next play for App. State a huge reception to the Coastal 30, the ball is punched out and recovered by Coastal at the 20 but, did he recover it inbounds. the call was recovery. Can they overturn it? Very close.

I thought he got his leg inbounds on the recovery, and the review agreed.

I’m not sure I would have done that. I think just get in the end zone and score the points. Then depend on the defense. I was expecting some Mario Cristobal disaster after that. Lined up for the FG, and the win, now. 

FG is “just” good. Coastal wins, 27-24.

Just now, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Fuck, he tried to clang it. 

I thought he looked lined up too far to the right. I was thinking it was going to be pushed too far right.

2 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

CUSA rides again. 

UTEP at FIU (-3), 6:30 on ESPN2 

Sam at NMSU (-3.5), 8:00 on CBSSN 

Sam getting a ton of TV this season. 

What exactly was the point of moving up? All the Sam folks I know keep hollering about the money. Is there really that much money in being a punching bag and laughingstock for the New Mexico States?