NFL 2023 Regular Season

Vic Mackey

Joe Burrow. 5 years. $275m/ $219 guaranteed. Fuck. Guess jerry’s working on Dak’s new deal at 5 years $300m.
Dak already got his big deal. I can't see them extending him right now. Maybe a few years at a time. But it's the inbred hillbilly circus front office so who really knows.

People need to get used to these QBs contracts going up and up. Every year will be a new record. Daniel Jones got a huge deal and he's never even sniffed a division title and he's the Cowboys bitch.

Dak already got his big deal. I can't see them extending him right now. Maybe a few years at a time. But it's the inbred hillbilly circus front office so who really knows.

People need to get used to these QBs contracts going up and up. Every year will be a new record. Daniel Jones got a huge deal and he's never even sniffed a division title and he's the Cowboys bitch.

Dak will get extended before next season. He counts $26m against the cap this year but $59.5m in 24. Lots of stars to pay next year, so they’ll extend him to reduce the load and kick the can down the road.
  • Like 1

All that Peanut Tillman stuff is bullshit by the way.  Also - Halas Hall was not 'raided'.

But the Bears are having themselves quite a day.  Beat writers are all saying that no one with the team believed the Williams situation to be 'health-related' - so this statement came out of left-field.

Also - the Bears just cut their backup QB - so now its Justin Fields and an UDFA rookie who played Division II.

15 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Also - the Bears just cut their backup QB - so now its Justin Fields and an UDFA rookie who played Division II.

And Fields had some interesting comments today regarding on his own recent play:

“I wasn’t necessarily playing my game,” Fields said. “Felt like I was kind of robotic and not playing like myself. My goal this week is just to say ‘F it’ and go out there and play football how I know to play football. That includes thinking less and just going out there and playing off of instincts rather than so much info in my head, data in my head.

“Just literally going out there and playing football. Going back to it’s a game and that’s it. That’s when I play my best, when I’m just out there playing free and being myself, so I’m going to say dump all the ‘what I should do,’ this and that, pocket stuff. I’m going to go out there and be me.”

Fields was then asked why he was thinking too much. That’s when a cycle of Bears drama returned.

“You know, could be coaching, I think,” he said. “At the end of the day, they are doing their job when they are giving me what to look at, but at the end of the day, I can’t be thinking about that when the game comes. I prepare myself throughout the week and then when the game comes, it’s time to play free at that point. Thinking less and playing more.”

Calling out the coaches for his shitty play, burdening him with all of that "coaching" and "pocket stuff." Guess he's just gonna send it this week.

Larry Enticer - Just Gonna Send It - The Best Of on Make a GIF

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

And Fields had some interesting comments today regarding on his own recent play:

Calling out the coaches for his shitty play, burdening him with all of that "coaching" and "pocket stuff." Guess he's just gonna send it this week.

Larry Enticer - Just Gonna Send It - The Best Of on Make a GIF

well he's not wrong - everything about the Bears O is bad including him:

(warning - it's 90 minutes of football hell)

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

well he's not wrong - everything about the Bears O is bad including him:

(warning - it's 90 minutes of football hell)

This.  As shitty as Fields has been - the OC Luke Getsy has been as bad.  When you've got a shitty young QB - its best not to pair him with a guy who doesn't have a fucking clue what he is doing.  Luke Getsy's lone qualification to be an NFL OC is that he was Aaron Rodgers valet for 3 seasons in GB.  

There are a bunch of videos on twitter/youtube of analysts having no clue what the fuck Getsy is calling - its not just the QB School confused.  Multiple instances of WRs running the same routes right next to each other or 3 WRs running routes and all ending up in the same area of the field.

Fields probably never figures it out - but the Bears owe it to themselves to give Fields a shot with a semi competent OC.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just let Fields run around. It is where he is comfortable. It’s not like he forgot how to throw. I don’t think he will work out in the long term but trying to make him a pocket passer isn’t working. Let him run. Eventually, he’ll either see he can’t win like that game over game or he’ll have to learn to start letting the ball fly. Has to trust the play and the receivers. Not sure why he’s regressed so much. But for some the light never switches on as far as reads no matter how shitty the HC or OC or organization. It just never comes together. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

As a fan of the team that has Carolina's first round pick in the 2024 NFL draft - I think Bryce Young should take as much time as he needs to get right.  No reason to rush back, this might be a good time for an extended leave.

Dalton probably puts them in a better position to win some games. Bryce Young looked god awful when I watched him on MNF. 

3 hours ago, SimkinsMan said:

It's looking like the Texans dodged a bullet in losing out on the first pick of the draft. Young has looked his size during the first two weeks of the season. Stroud has been pretty good behind a terrible OL.

The Texans’ offensive line could be decent. The problem is they’re all hurt. Last week, 80% of the starters didn’t play due to injury. Even so, Stroud still has looked like the real deal

Edited by TonyTexas

3 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Odd stuff with the Bears. So the FBI raid was made up by twitter bots? Wtf is going on? If it were that he is in legal trouble i'd think a bunch of media people would have uncovered it by now?

Now McAfee saying he’s been told there was a raid on Williams’ house. Pretty weird deal all around. 

Also, Peanut Tillman works for the FBI?