Dallas Cowboys Metathread - Oh No We Suck Again!

Hermanator

Can't see Dallas finish below 2nd. Washington and NY are pathetic

They won’t. As long as they’re have Dak and a competent defense they’ll win 10 games and maybe have a shot at the division? Maybe?

And I’ll go out on a limb and say the defense might be…better than last year?

Maybe not in big plays. They probably wont feast on bad teams and below average QBs like under Quinn…

But they’re probably not giving up the stupid big plays on 3rd down and absolutely folding against teams with a pulse or above average QBs.

Geno Smith ain’t gonna put up 35 on you imo.

Plus Diggs is back and while losing gilmore sucks, this Carson kid should be a step in top 4 DB. The LBs will be better imo with Kendrick and Overshwon coming back and the rookie who seems a perfect fit.

It Mazi makes any improvement at all they have a chance to not be trash against the run and not give up huge plays.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, TornACL said:

Cleveland is a pretty easy drive from AA/Detroit.... 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Yeah, Michigan game is Noon eastern on Sat. Sept 7th.

Might be a fun trip to catch two games.

Edited by LTtxfan

Posted (edited)

Fuck that. Not interested in Jerry's puff piece. All these guys making documentaries about themselves is so lame. Still squeezing that run from 30 years ago into relevance today. It's as bad as the 85 Bears at this point, yeah we get it, you've done nothing since.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Fuck that. Not interested in Jerry's puff piece. All these guys making documentaries about themselves is so lame. Still squeezing that run from 30 years ago into relevance today. It's as bad as the 85 Bears at this point, yeah we get it, you've done nothing since.

Yep. I would compare our 90s dominance to the 85 Bears in that we haven't did shit since then but they have at least made a Super Bowl in 2006 and another NFC title game appearance in 2010 so we are even worse.

11 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

I'll pass on never-before-seen footage of Jerruh and his glory hole.

jones.gif.ed12ab7e80c4266902f3ba40cb42685e.gif

Are they going to show footage of all his sexcapades lol? Especially all the women he hooked up with on 6th St in Austin. 

On 5/16/2024 at 2:40 PM, Vic Mackey said:

Yep. I would compare our 90s dominance to the 85 Bears in that we haven't did shit since then but they have at least made a Super Bowl in 2006 and another NFC title game appearance in 2010 so we are even worse.

the bears won one super bowl in the 80s.  90s cowboys won three out of four.  we were a dynasty that dominated the league for half a decade.  the bears were great in 85.  great season for them, sure, but does not compare to america’s team in the 90s 🇺🇸 

Is Jerry shielded from stuff like this or does he just not care? I know he wants to win, but it has to be in a way where he gets all of the credit, hence hiring dumbshits for coaches because real coaches would get too much credit. which was clearly the problem he had with Jimmy Johnson.

Edited by 'stache

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Is Jerry shielded from stuff like this or does he just not care? I know he wants to win, but it has to be in a way where he gets all of the credit, hence hiring dumbshits for coaches because real coaches would get too much credit. which was clearly the problem he had with Jimmy Johnson.

It's both. He has enough money not to care and since he's the owner he doesn't have to fire himself. He is in that job until he no longer is breathing. It's also on a fandom that continues to take this shit. They continue to pay good money every season. The stadium is always full. Merchandise is always purchased. What incentive does he have to change? He doesn't really care about winning or he would make the changes necessary to do so starting with himself. 

I heard the thought last week that maybe we're all misinterpreting what "all in" means. It doesn't mean Jerry is going to put out the resources necessary to win. He's saying this is the time for Dak and McCarthy to be "all in" since both are on one year deals and there's no more chips left for them. He meant more "put up or shut up".

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Jerry has as many championships as all the teams in that picture combined. He had his success. He's not desperate to win. He knows the Cowboys don't need to win to remain relevant. Might be the only team that operates like this in the NFL. Look at New England, they are now a footnote. As long as the brand makes him a ton of money and they get their exposure, he is content with these results. You can't convince me Jerry cares about winning. As long as his inbred family have the decision making power over roster management, he doesn't care. And he kept Garrett as a head coach for a decade when he didn't even last a few years as an OC for the Giants.

43 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Jerry has as many championships as all the teams in that picture combined. He had his success. He's not desperate to win. He knows the Cowboys don't need to win to remain relevant. Might be the only team that operates like this in the NFL. Look at New England, they are now a footnote. As long as the brand makes him a ton of money and they get their exposure, he is content with these results. You can't convince me Jerry cares about winning. As long as his inbred family have the decision making power over roster management, he doesn't care. And he kept Garrett as a head coach for a decade when he didn't even last a few years as an OC for the Giants.

nfl owner checks >>>> all those other owner’s checks combined 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Dallas Cowboys Metathread - Oh No We Suck Again!
On 5/14/2024 at 5:54 PM, Catdaddyhorn said:

The most poorly managed team in the NFL.

I'm beginning to think that Ickes is on to something.

TLDR

Also WEAKDR - What Everybody Already Knows, Didn't Read

Jerry has reached the summit or been right there for over 15 years, the top of the team valuation heap. He's done really trying except for keeping that going. It's why he runs all things. He won't hire an outside competent football-focused GM, ever, unless they are in lock-step with that plan.

So now it's just managing the CAP - Cowboys Amusement Park - experience and making sure the cheesy rides and terrible food and goofy atmosphere are all working and the top positions give the appearance of giving a shit so that the rabble continues to overspend on tickets and merchandise and believe that this year, man it's the year bro.