Outcoached

Pancho

3 hours ago, Ashylarry said:

I don't see Texas dropping out of the top 10, we lost to an undefeated team on a last minute score. it sucks...but the season isn't derailed. The team played like ass, but responded well..a win would have been nice but we'll see how they handle adversity. Win out, that's all that matters. 

Yea it sucks losing against 0u, but it's CFP or bust. 

Also if Wyoming beats Fresno ST tonight that should help our SOS. 

That Wyoming team is legit! That grinding offense is a bitch to try to comeback against. They did lose the RB that broke off a long TD against us to a bad knee injury.

Silver lining--it took a hell of a lot of bad calls, no calls and turnovers to lose this.  Protect the ball and Texas wins this game.  Get a yard in 3 tries, Texas wins this game.  There's a lot to work on but this team didn't fall far.  The best part is there's footage of all the failures and it's totally correctable--less talent is not.  OU got a win, and the team that wins often doesn't have to make adjustments.  It took a heroic effort on their end to win.  I don't think they can duplicate this.  OU has to win out as well, so they have pressure too.  If Texas gives a shit, they win this game handily round two.     

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

IMG_3421.thumb.jpeg.757aecf976250d39135ea84862641d53.jpeg

from the game thread.

Some years back everyone was trying to run the HUNH(hurry up no huddle) offense and then all the sudden it lost favor. Why? Because of exactly what you just posted. It is difficult to hurry up back to the LOS and ask your line to sit there for 25-30 seconds. That's exactly how you get a slew of procedure penalties.

OU was mauling our line and Quinn could barely set his feet to make throws. Sark went to tempo to keep them from subbing and tire out their D and it worked. However, the downside of speeding up is you can't ask your O-line to stay in stance for 30 seconds. Someone will flinch. This is exactly what I was talking about. You guys are always looking for the negative and refuse to take the positive with it. If you start slowing down then OU will start subbing, and then maybe those successful plays don't work. This isn't a vacuum. Changes will have a response. You can't just ignore the part you don't like.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

I’m sure that seemed wittier in your head.

Unfortunately for you, 10>9.

and, for the 3rd or 4th time in this thread what I expect to occur and what is necessary to call this season a success are not necessarily the same number of wins.

Your expectation of what the coach will do is currently being outperformed. You said over and over Sark is a middling head coach and have referred to him as 7 win Steve ad nauseam. You yourself said BELOW "Sark winning 10 games would absolutely be a breakthrough in his coaching career because he’s only won 9 games 1x". So those are your expectations for the current head coach. In your mind you think he is on track for an absolute breakthrough of a season having played 6 teams, 3 of which are ranked, and 5 of which have only 5 losses between them, 3 of those to us. You said so yourself. "Breakthrough".

Screenshot(406).thumb.png.8f271d7ecec5b4c3c608a16a51e58ae5.png

Edited by Thatguy

8 hours ago, ATXhorn17 said:

I have never seen a Texas player display less effort in the RRS than Adonai Mitchell did in this game. Blocking? Nope. Route running? Imma jog.

I’ve also been thinking over the past couple weeks that I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a regarded WR who’s less dynamic with the ball in his hands. I mean, it seems he has a high probability of catching it, but he looks awkward when running after the catch, and it’s almost a given he’s going down soon.

As far as I am concerned all the rematch talk can be put on the shelf until after TCU. It will take 4 games of dominating lesser teams to get the excitement back that had been building up this year. 

As far as coaching I think PK had a bad game plan and was out coached in game yesterday. I hate to say it but the guy I have said said can't make in game adjustments for two years made the proper adjustments yesterday. As far as the last drive we have seen teams go away from what is working plenty of times to milk clock and all they do is 3 and out. So I don't have problem with how it got called. They made the plays on our last drive and we didn't. It was that simple.

I would have to rewatch to see if my opinion changes but I will not do that to myself.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I’ve also been thinking over the past couple weeks that I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a regarded WR who’s less dynamic with the ball in his hands. I mean, it seems he has a high probability of catching it, but he looks awkward when running after the catch, and it’s almost a given he’s going down soon.

There was play early in the game where he caught a ball over the middle and had 3-5 yards of running space and laid down. I thought that was pretty telling he didn’t understand what it takes to win this game. Hell, even Worthy’s little ass gave Bowman a concussion. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, davi34 said:

with your age you should definitely remember Tech in 08

Good call, davi. Tech 08 is not forgotten. Indeed, a catastrophic loss, one of the biggest chokes (Gideon dropped INT and defense on last drive) in UT history. Right up there with yesterday. 

14 hours ago, Thatguy said:

65-13....0-12 with VY and THIS is the game you thought was the biggest choke? Lol

Terrible and embarrassing losses, for sure. But, those were not "chokes" (in the typical meaning of the term) as UT was never close to winning those games. Just more Mack/Davis playing scared and conservative. 

I'll say it again. 4 shots at the OU 1-yard line is one of the biggest chokes in past 50 years. Playing for the FG and defense collapse just adds to the level of massive choke. 

It is what it is. 

3 minutes ago, Constant said:

There was play early in the game where he caught a ball over the middle and had 3-5 yards of running space and laid down. I thought that was pretty telling he didn’t understand what it takes to win this game. Hell, even Worthy’s little ass gave Bowman a concussion. 

I remember this. Has to frustrate the WRs who are watching from the sidelines, just itching for a chance to prove themselves.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Some years back everyone was trying to run the HUNH(hurry up no huddle) offense and then all the sudden it lost favor. Why? Because of exactly what you just posted. It is difficult to hurry up back to the LOS and ask your line to sit there for 25-30 seconds. That's exactly how you get a slew of procedure penalties.

OU was mauling our line and Quinn could barely set his feet to make throws. Sark went to tempo to keep them from subbing and tire out their D and it worked. However, the downside of speeding up is you can't ask your O-line to stay in stance for 30 seconds. Someone will flinch. This is exactly what I was talking about. You guys are always looking for the negative and refuse to take the positive with it. If you start slowing down then OU will start subbing, and then maybe those successful plays don't work. This isn't a vacuum. Changes will have a response. You can't just ignore the part you don't like.

It’s really not, i see teams do it every weekend. A team does NOT have to get info stance to prevent substitutions.

As soon as the opponent begins to sub, you can get into formation and run a play and catch them with too many players in the field (or not enough). I’ve seen OU and a bunch of other teams do it to TEXAS and many others.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Your expectation of what the coach will do is currently being outperformed. You said over and over Sark is a middling head coach and have referred to him as 7 win Steve ad nauseam. You yourself said BELOW "Sark winning 10 games would absolutely be a breakthrough in his coaching career because he’s only won 9 games 1x". So those are your expectations for the current head coach. In your mind you think he is on track for an absolute breakthrough of a season having played 6 teams, 3 of which are ranked, and 5 of which have only 5 losses between them, 3 of those to us. You said so yourself. "Breakthrough".

Screenshot(406).thumb.png.8f271d7ecec5b4c3c608a16a51e58ae5.png

I understand that you believe this is some sort of amazing “gotcha” moment, but nothing in that post you just quoted contradicts what I posted in this thread. Steve Sarkisian still hasn’t won 9 games in a season at TEXAS.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

It’s really not, and a team does NOT have to get info stance to prevent substitutions.

as soon as the opponent begins to sub, you can get into formation and run a play and catch them with too many players in the field (or not enough). I’ve seen OU and a bunch of other teams do it to TEXAS and many others.

You are borderline regarded. Seriously. It's not just about the subbing. It's also to prevent defensive checks, and to keep them from running exotics against you. For that to work you need to get ready to go. If everyone is up and standing so is the defense, and they are getting the right calls from the sideline while doing it. You thereby lost half the effectiveness of tempo. OU lost to Florida in 08 when they slowed down their HUNH. They lost to us the same way that season. Came out running the hunh and then they slowed their tempo in the second half and we came roaring back scoring 21 points to their 14. They ran 92 plays on Mizzou, 82 plays on OSU, but only 67 plays on us and 70 on Florida.

You guys always wanna cherry pick the parts you want when it doesn't work like that. You wanna wild woman in bed you gotta take the crazy out of the bedroom with it.

1 hour ago, Constant said:

Because this game means more than playoff games and National Championship games? He ain't physical and proved it beyond a shadow of a doubt yesterday.

40 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

I understand that you believe this is some sort of amazing “gotcha” moment, but nothing in that post you just quoted contradicts what I posted in this thread. Steve Sarkisian still hasn’t won 9 games in a season at TEXAS.

It's not about a gotcha moment. I just want to get you on record  every time you move the goal posts so people can see who you are. Each year you've altered your tune. I just wanna make sure you aren't on the band wagon when its all said and done.

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

Because this game means more than playoff games and National Championship games? He ain't physical and proved it beyond a shadow of a doubt yesterday.

This game means whatever you want it to mean. But to win it, it usually takes the effort required to get those extra yards. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Constant said:

This game means whatever you want it to mean. But to win it, it usually takes the effort required to get those extra yards. 

This is correct. The first throw of the game was a QB trusting that the receiver would make sure he won the route. Mitchell let a DB run through him to the ball. Then he let a db run through him in blocking. Those little things matter in a game like this. Roy Williams used to play like that quite a bit, and Mitchell ain't Roy.

5 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

it doesn't mean more than the games he's played at Georgia no matter how much you want it to.

Thats why you lose more often than win. Quan and Jordan didn’t lay down in the middle of the field and they were winners. CD was surrounded by 5 Longhorns and didn’t lay down, but scored. Yada yada

Edited by Constant
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Just now, Thatguy said:

This is correct. The first throw of the game was a QB trusting that the receiver would make sure he won the route. Mitchell let a DB run through him to the ball. Then he let a db run through him in blocking. Those little things matter in a game like this. Roy Williams used to play like that quite a bit, and Mitchell ain't Roy.

There was another play in the 2H where Mitchell caught a dig and had an opportunity to turn upfield and get 5 more yards by using his size to try to run through a couple of DBs.  He literally fell down on purpose.  Hes so talented that it's hard to keep him off the field but there's no way around it:  he plays super soft.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

There was another play in the 2H where Mitchell caught a dig and had an opportunity to turn upfield and get 5 more yards by using his size to try to run through a couple of DBs.  He literally fell down on purpose.  Hes so talented that it's hard to keep him off the field but there's no way around it:  he plays super soft.  

If we replace Mitchell with Whitt on that slant does anyone here think that's an interception? Hell no! I hope the light comes on for the kid. I really do. Usually when a kid gets his draft grade he tries a little harder. Maybe that will happen for him.

At this point we know what we have. Worthy won't fight for a ball in the air and tries to basket-catch everything. Mitchell has good hands, size, and speed but is not physical. Whitt is physical but lacks speed. Sanders, for all his greatness, has suspect hands. 3 of these players had plays their flaws pop up in this game and hurt us. Mitchell on the aforementioned plays. Sanders on the drop/int. Worthy could've had a PI on the deep ball. Those little plays make the difference in wins and losses.

• Rage+1 1

33 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

You are borderline regarded. Seriously. It's not just about the subbing. It's also to prevent defensive checks, and to keep them from running exotics against you. For that to work you need to get ready to go. If everyone is up and standing so is the defense, and they are getting the right calls from the sideline while doing it. You thereby lost half the effectiveness of tempo. OU lost to Florida in 08 when they slowed down their HUNH. They lost to us the same way that season. Came out running the hunh and then they slowed their tempo in the second half and we came roaring back scoring 21 points to their 14. They ran 92 plays on Mizzou, 82 plays on OSU, but only 67 plays on us and 70 on Florida.

You guys always wanna cherry pick the parts you want when it doesn't work like that. You wanna wild woman in bed you gotta take the crazy out of the bedroom with it.

It's nothing but hindsight second guessing. In the moment literally nobody was questioning it.

First and goal at the 1-yard line, and you can't punch it in, or throw it in, or walk it in.  

Outcoached.

Three-point lead, oppo has the ball at their 25, with just over a minute to play. You need one stop, so you go to a three-man rush when you haven't pressured their QB with 4, 5, 6 rushing all day, and they run and pass it down your throat in a minute.

Outcoached.

Yeah, we're young. Yeah, we have size, speed, talent. What we don't have is want-to. 

Our HC/OC seems like a really good guy, and he's got that great backstory. He just doesn't have the ability to do that last little bit of getting his team mentally ready to play.

Have fun? Give me a fucking break. And get a goddam haircut.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

It's nothing but hindsight second guessing. In the moment literally nobody was questioning it.

Those are the same guys who were in here mad after the TCU game that we didn't run the ball more. Lol. Like I said before, mad because we didn't call the touchdown play.

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

Those are the same guys who were in here mad after the TCU game that we didn't run the ball more. Lol. Like I said before, mad because we didn't call the touchdown play.

It's easy to defend what you think Sark should have done when he didn't do it and you have no evidence that it would have worked.....lol

• Hook 'Em 2

Are you fucking stupid? We hire sark to call the touchdown plays and win these games not lose them then blame the players fully and lay no blame at the corches feet. First qtr was classic pussy play calling by sark and pk went back in time and decided to call a game like he routinely did two years ago. 

Texas lost this game way more than ou won it. 3 turnovers, 9 penalties, a goal line stop and ou still needs a miracle 75 yard drive with no timeouts to win it. The coaches put us in the worst position to succeed with that pussy prevent defense to end the game. 

Not sure why some here can’t lay an ounce of blame on this staff that didn’t have the team prepared. If we’re prepared and don’t have our heads up our own asses we should win out and beat ou by 3 td’s like we should have yesterday.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Are you fucking stupid? We hire sark to call the touchdown plays and win these games not lose them then blame the players fully and lay no blame at the corches feet. First qtr was classic pussy play calling by sark and pk went back in time and decided to call a game like he routinely did two years ago. 

Texas lost this game way more than ou won it. 3 turnovers, 9 penalties, a goal line stop and ou still needs a miracle 75 yard drive with no timeouts to win it. The coaches put us in the worst position to succeed with that pussy prevent defense to end the game. 

Not sure why some here can’t lay an ounce of blame on this staff that didn’t have the team prepared. If we’re prepared and don’t have our heads up our own asses we should win out and beat ou by 3 td’s like we should have yesterday.

I definitely think the coaches made some bad decisions yesterday but they do that in every game. You want 100% blame on coaches and none on the players though and thats not how it works. I saw plenty of bad play from important players yesterday. Mitchell was garbage and Jaylen Ford had one of his worst games possibly ever.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

Get a yard in 3 tries, Texas wins this game.  There's a lot to work on but this team didn't fall far.  The best part is there's footage of all the failures and it's totally correctable--less talent is not.     

We were 108th in the country in redzone touchdown percentage BEFORE yesterday's game. If this was "totally correctable" it would have been corrected by now. We're already halfway through the regular season.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Pam Cummings said:

I definitely think the coaches made some bad decisions yesterday but they do that in every game. You want 100% blame on coaches and none on the players though and thats not how it works. I saw plenty of bad play from important players yesterday. Mitchell was garbage and Jaylen Ford had one of his worst games possibly ever.

I’ve literally never said that. I’ve said the players coming into a game relaxed is a reflection of their coaches. Saban is up his teams ass to preform and be ready to go. You don’t come into this game going through the motions in playcalling. You come out running the ball and throwing down field. Not gdgd quick outs. ou knew exactly what was coming to start the game from sark. Put your players in position to succeed with the game plan. I always blame coaches if a team comes in with no fire. You want to blame the players. Agree to disagree.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

We were 108th in the country in redzone touchdown percentage BEFORE yesterday's game. If this was "totally correctable" it would have been corrected by now. We're already halfway through the regular season.

Faulted for scoring on a lot of big plays. But would love to see the Savion "Red" zone package.

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

Sanders was run over by a DE.  Dropped a TD.  Basically a non factor.  At least he had an excuse.

To give some credit, Robertson played about as well as can be expected given it was his first meaningful snaps at a difficult position. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I’ve literally never said that. I’ve said the players coming into a game relaxed is a reflection of their coaches. Saban is up his teams ass to preform and be ready to go. You don’t come into this game going through the motions in playcalling. You come out running the ball and throwing down field. Not gdgd quick outs. ou knew exactly what was coming to start the game from sark. Put your players in position to succeed with the game plan. I always blame coaches if a team comes in with no fire. You want to blame the players. Agree to disagree.

You act like we got blown out. We made a bunch of mistakes. You can blame coaching for that but i hardly think "fire" or whatever was a problem.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

Rocket- I don't blame coaches when I see the same issues that players always have popping up games. As I said before. Mitchell isn't physical. You try to coach kids to be but some just aren't. Since you can't just let kids run certain plays because it would literally tell a defense what we planned to do as soon as they came in, you have to live with their shortcomings. Slant play Mitchell gets bullied for the ball by a DB. Same on the blocking. It doesn't always happen but usually once a game we see it. For 3 years Worthy hasn't fought for a ball in the air. reared its ugly head in the game. Sanders is prone to drop with any contact. We saw it a few games ago when he caught a ball in the endzone and Whitt ran into him and knocked it loose. Well, he has a ball in his hands and bam.

Where I blame the coaches is not playing aggressive on that last drive defensively. We should've brought some heat on Gabriel. I understand what they were trying to do but because of the wide splits of the Briles offense and the running ability of the QB, just sitting back and trying to make them throw short wasn't going to work.

Hah…in real time I said: well I guess that’s better than getting caught from behind and having the ball punched out!

2 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Sanders was run over by a DE.  Dropped a TD.  Basically a non factor.  At least he had an excuse.

To give some credit, Robertson played about as well as can be expected given it was his first meaningful snaps at a difficult position. 

I was worried that not having Sanders healthy would be a problem. That sucked.

11 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Nope. Just watched that series of plays again. They just beat us at the LOS.

This right here.  If Sark called a bunch of passing plays at the one yard line and they didn't work everybody on this board, including me, would be screaming, "run the fucking ball up the middle".  With Brooks and a decent push from the OL we should have been able to get the ball in the endzone.  The OL failed 4 times unfortunately.  I am guessing Majors would have made a big impact on one of those 4 plays if he was in but it sucks he got injured.  I don't see this game as a loss because of Sark.  Was he perfect?  No, but neither is the guy in my avatar most weeks and many consider him a pretty decent football coach.  We lost because of a few reasons, and they are the reasons that most teams lose a game even when they are the better team.  We turned the ball over more than the other team, made mistakes (penalties, dropped balls) and sometimes the ball just bounces better for the other team.  Ewers threw a couple of INT's but they weren't as bad as the would-be INT Gabriel threw right into a Longhorns hands that he dropped.  Ewers had the "unluckiness" of having his passes tipped up and caught.  If one of those tips drops to the ground instead of going right to a defender the game may have played out differently.  If on the play where the ball was snapped behind Gabriel and he runs back for it 20 yards or so and it pops right up to his hands instead of him having to fall on it things could have gone differently.  They had way more lucky bounces than we did but shit happens.  The Cardinals beat the Cowboys a few weeks ago but while I am not a Cowboys fan, it is pretty obvious that Dallas is the better team but sometimes the better team loses.  

Edited by Beantown Express 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 5

54 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Blaming AD for the first INT is ridiculous. It was a terrible decision and a terrible throw. Roy Williams could have been there and it still gets picked

Yes, we were outcoached. Blame goes all around. On the coaching side, we had the talent advantage overall, which helped us in quarters 2-4, but we lost a close one due to:

1) poor gameplan on defense. Our run defense has been solid all year, but we are not a great pass defense and have not really played a great throwing QB.  Having no plan or adjustments for Gabriel's legs is also really bad.  I still don't trust PK in big games.  I won't even get into the boneheaded prevent we went into to lose us the game at the end.  

2) poor clock management down the stretch.  Sark seems to struggle with this.  

3) poor red zone calls and execution (this is a season-long problem)

4) losing the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball (even before Majors went out).  If you don't think intensity/fire played a role here, I don't know what to tell you.  Per 995, Sark told his team to "withstand the surge" and play collected all week.  In his pregrame interview, he said he told the team to "have fun."  That shit makes Mack moist.  You have to approach the OU game like a prison fight and it was obvious we did not match OU's intensity in the 1st quarter or even for the whole game for that matter.  If you gave their staff our talent advantage, they would have beaten us badly.  

5) there's a recent SNL skit where mom is taking pictures of her daughter and prom date, and dad thinks it would be funny to pose with a gun to tell the date not to get any ideas, but the dad ends up blowing his dick off.  We seem to do that in every game, multiple times on offense.  I have a hard time believing that's all on the players.  

However, I'm still predicting 10-2 with a rematch in the CCG.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Blaming AD for the first INT is ridiculous. It was a terrible decision and a terrible throw. Roy Williams could have been there and it still gets picked

He said that in his post, he is saying if Williams and Mitchell weren’t soft pussies that ball would NOT have been picked. Whittington, quan, hell probably kwame cavil toss their bodies into the db and stop the pick. Mitchell is a talented athlete so he has to be out there but he plays charmin soft. 

1 minute ago, WinningIsHard said:

He said that in his post, he is saying if Williams and Mitchell weren’t soft pussies that ball would NOT have been picked. Whittington, quan, hell probably kwame cavil toss their bodies into the db and stop the pick. Mitchell is a talented athlete so he has to be out there but he plays charmin soft. 

Whittington or Quan doesn’t catch that ball either. The OU DB makes his break before AD even makes his cut. It’s not on the WR. It’s on staring down the route and OU being ready for the play call.

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Whittington or Quan doesn’t catch that ball either. The OU DB makes his break before AD even makes his cut. It’s not on the WR. It’s on staring down the route and OU being ready for the play call.

Nobody catches it, a tougher receiver stops it from being intercepted. No interception then totally different game, great receivers will help their qb out when he fucks up. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Should the ball have been thrown? No, but it damn sure shouldn't be a pick. Run the video and watch AD's lazy ass route. Look how slow he is running. You flatten out your route and drive through the ball. Mitchell gives zero effort to do that and then zero effort to keep the db from getting the ball. He doesn't even get his jersey dirty. 100% Whitt doesn't allow that to happen whether he catches it or not. That is flat out embarrassing!!! Help your fucking quarterback!!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, WinningIsHard said:

Nobody catches it, a tougher receiver stops it from being intercepted. No interception then totally different game, great receivers will help their qb out when he fucks up. 

Exactly!! People make it like its hard to ask a receiver to knock a ball down or simply run through a DB that jumps a route. No one is going to call anything on you.

• Hook 'Em 1

Should the ball have been thrown? No, but it damn sure shouldn't be a pick. Run the video and watch AD's lazy ass route. Look how slow he is running. You flatten out your route and drive through the ball. Mitchell gives zero effort to do that and then zero effort to keep the db from getting the ball. He doesn't even get his jersey dirty. 100% Whitt doesn't allow that to happen whether he catches it or not. That is flat out embarrassing!!! Help your fucking quarterback!!

I think we agree here actually. I’m not blaming AD for the pick or not for making the catch. It’s a terrible throw but AD runs lazy and then doesn’t bump at all. But fuck that’s a terrible fucking throw.

Edited by hobbes2702

20 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

This right here.  If Sark called a bunch of passing plays at the one yard line and they didn't work everybody on this board, including me, would be screaming, "run the fucking ball up the middle".  With Brooks and a decent push from the OL we should have been able to get the ball in the endzone.  The OL failed 4 times unfortunately.  I am guessing Majors would have made a big impact on one of those 4 plays if he was in but it sucks he got injured.  I don't see this game as a loss because of Sark.  Was he perfect?  No, but neither is the guy in my avatar most weeks and many consider him a pretty decent football coach.  We lost because of a few reasons, and they are the reasons that most teams lose a game even when they are the better team.  We turned the ball over more than the other team, made mistakes (penalties, dropped balls) and sometimes the ball just bounces better for the other team.  Ewers threw a couple of INT's but they weren't as bad as the would-be INT Gabriel threw right into a Longhorns hands that he dropped.  Ewers had the "unluckiness" of having his passes tipped up and caught.  If one of those tips drops to the ground instead of going right to a defender the game may have played out differently.  If on the play where the ball was snapped behind Gabriel and he runs back for it 20 yards or so and it pops right up to his hands instead of him having to fall on it things could have gone differently.  They had way more lucky bounces than we did but shit happens.  The Cardinals beat the Cowboys a few weeks ago but while I am not a Cowboys fan, it is pretty obvious that Dallas is the better team but sometimes the better team loses.  

False. We said don’t run the same up the middle run 3 times then pass. Off tackle? Maybe some motion? When you bring in two DL to lead block you give it away. After the first one go to something else.