Israel-Hamas war thread

Brisketexan

IDF is getting ready to bring the fight in what amounts to a tent city full of displaced people makes it sound like it's going to get even uglier. 

Displaced Gazans wonder where to go as Israel vows to keep pushing south.

Palestinians sheltering in crowded tent cities along the border between the Gaza Strip and Egypt were fearful on Tuesday after a senior Israeli minister reiterated that Israel’s ground invasion would extend to Rafah, the southernmost city in the enclave where hundreds of thousands of displaced people have ended up.

The statement by Defense Minister Yoav Gallant has left Palestinians — many of whom are exhausted from relocating multiple times and sleeping in tents in cold and rainy weather — uncertain about where to seek safety. It was at least the second time in recent days that Mr. Gallant vowed to make such an advance.

“We’re terrified,” said Rajab al-Sindawi, a 48-year-old secondhand clothing salesman from Gaza City. “We’ve been running away from death, moving from place to place, but now we’re at the border. Where should we go?”

Mr. al-Sindawi, his wife and their seven children arrived in Rafah in early January after moving several times in search of safety.

While the army considers Rafah its next operational target, the security establishment needs to complete more planning before sending ground forces into the area, said an Israeli official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to communicate with the media.

Entering Rafah will be “extremely complicated,” the official said, noting that security officials were taking into account Egyptian sensitivities about Israeli forces operating near the border, as well as the enormous civilian population.

The al-Sindawis have been living in a makeshift structure of loose plastic draped over wooden beams on a sidewalk in the Tel al-Sultan neighborhood of Rafah. While they have tried to make their encampment more livable, adding a table to prepare food, it has been a challenge to keep the space clean, especially with the mud from recent rainfall.

Mr. al-Sindawi, whose left leg is partly paralyzed, said he and his family had only two mattress pads and six blankets for bedding.

Over the past day, Israeli forces have hit structures across Gaza, including in the vicinity of the Nasser Medical Complex in the southern city of Khan Younis, the second-largest hospital in the territory. The Israeli army said its forces were continuing to fight militants in western Khan Younis. It also said it conducted an airstrike that killed an Islamic Jihad fighter in the central Gaza city of Deir al Balah who it said had participated in the Hamas-led attacks on Israel on Oct. 7.

More than 100 people were killed in the previous 24 hours, the Gazan health ministry said Tuesday morning.

Speaking at a news conference on Monday, Mr. Gallant said Israeli ground forces would invade places that they still had not reached in central and southern Gaza, including Rafah, which he labeled “the last stronghold remaining in Hamas’s hands.”

“Every terrorist hiding in Rafah should know that their end will be like those in Khan Younis, Gaza City and every other place in the Gaza Strip: surrender or death,” Mr. Gallant said.

The comments, which came as Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken was in the region to press for a cease-fire, were in line with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s stance that Israel would continue fighting Hamas in Gaza until “complete victory.”

With the ground invasion having steadily pushed Gazans farther and farther south, Rafah’s population is believed to have roughly quintupled since the start of the war, according to the United Nations. Egypt has rejected the idea of opening its border to allow large numbers of the displaced to take temporary refuge on its territory.

Sana al-Karabiti, 34, originally from Gaza City, said the possibility of ground troops entering Rafah was bringing back harrowing memories of when Israeli tanks pulled into her neighborhood early in the war.

“I can feel my hair turning gray,” said Ms. al-Karabiti, a pharmacist who has been huddling in a tent in the al-Salam neighborhood of Rafah. “I keep asking myself what I’ll do if they reach where I am.”

A small number of people in Rafah were already dismantling their tents, packing their bags and fleeing to central Gaza, but Mr. al-Sindawi was unsure whether it would be safer there.

“We’re thinking about going to Nuseirat, but we’re also hearing in the news about bombings in Nuseirat,” he said, referring to an area in central Gaza where his family members live. “We have no idea what to do.”

Other displaced Palestinians were frustrated that Israeli officials had told them Rafah would be safe — but are now talking about entering the city.

“Why did they tell us to come here?” said Mukhlis al-Masri, 32, who has been staying at a United Nations school in Rafah. “This is so unjust.”

Blinken says a lot of work remains on cease-fire and hostage talks as war in Gaza enters 5th month

TEL AVIV, Israel (AP) — U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Wednesday that “a lot of work” remains to bridge the gap between Israel and Hamas on terms for a new cease-fire and hostage-release deal after the militant group put forward conditions that run counter to Israel’s war goals.

Hamas laid out a detailed three-phase plan to unfold over 4 1/2 months, responding to a proposal drawn up by the United States, Israel, Qatar and Egypt. The plan stipulates that all hostages would be released in exchange for hundreds of Palestinians imprisoned by Israel, including senior militants, and an end to the war.

Israel has made destroying Hamas’ governing and military abilities one of its wartime objectives, and the proposal would effectively leave Hamas in power in Gaza and allow it to rebuild its military capabilities. President Joe Biden said Hamas’ demands are “a little over the top” but that negotiations will continue. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu met with Blinken, and the two discussed the latest efforts to free the hostages. Both men were scheduled to hold separate news conferences later Wednesday.

The deadliest round of fighting in the history of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict has killed over 27,000 Palestinians, leveled entire neighborhoods, driven the vast majority of Gaza’s population from their homes and pushed a quarter of the population to starvation.

Iran-backed militant groups across the region have conducted attacks, mostly on U.S. and Israeli targets, in solidarity with the Palestinians, drawing reprisals as the risk of a wider conflict grows.

Israel remains deeply shaken by Hamas’ Oct 7 attack, in which militants burst through the country’s vaunted defenses and rampaged across southern Israel, killing some 1,200 people, mostly civilians, and abducting some 250, around half of whom remain in captivity in Gaza.

Netanyahu says the war, now in its fifth month, will continue until “total victory” over Hamas and the return of all the remaining hostages.

Blinken, who is on his fifth visit to the region since the war broke out, is trying to advance the cease-fire talks while pushing for a larger postwar settlement in which Saudi Arabia would normalize relations with Israel in return for a “clear, credible, time-bound path to the establishment of a Palestinian state.”

But the increasingly unpopular Netanyahu is opposed to Palestinian statehood, and his hawkish governing coalition could collapse if he is seen as making too many concessions.

“There’s a lot of work to be done, but we are very much focused on doing that work,” Blinken told Israel’s ceremonial president, Isaac Herzog.

MISERY DEEPENS IN DEVASTATED GAZA
There is little talk of grand diplomatic bargains in Gaza, where Palestinians yearn for an end to fighting that has upended every aspect of their lives.

“We pray to God that it stops,” said Ghazi Abu Issa, who fled his home and sought shelter in the central town of Deir al-Balah. “There is no water, electricity, food or bathrooms.” Those living in tents have been drenched by winter rains and flooding. “We have been humiliated,” he said.

New mothers struggle to get baby formula and diapers, which can only be bought at vastly inflated prices if they can be found at all. Some have resorted to feeding solid food to babies younger than 6 months old despite the health risks it poses.

The Palestinian death toll from four months of war has reached 27,707, according to the Health Ministry in the Hamas-run territory. That includes 123 bodies brought to hospitals in just the last 24 hours, it said Wednesday. At least 11,000 wounded people need to be urgently evacuated from Gaza, it said.

The ministry does not distinguish between civilians and combatants in its figures but says most of the dead have been women and children.

Israel has ordered Palestinians to evacuate areas that make up two-thirds of the tiny coastal territory. Most of the displaced are packed into the southern town of Rafah near the border with Egypt, where many are living in squalid tent camps and overflowing U.N.-run shelters.

Hamas has continued to put up stiff resistance across the territory, and its police force has returned to the streets in places where Israeli troops have pulled back. Hamas is still holding over 130 hostages, but around 30 of them are believed to be dead, with the vast majority killed on Oct. 7.

HAMAS SPELLS OUT DEMANDS FOR HOSTAGE DEAL
Hamas’ response to the cease-fire proposal was published in Lebanon’s Al-Akhbar newspaper, which is close to the powerful Hezbollah militant group.

A Hamas official and two Egyptian officials confirmed its authenticity. A fourth official familiar with the talks later clarified the sequencing of the releases. All spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to brief media on the negotiations.

In the first 45-day phase, Hamas would release all remaining women and children, as well as older and sick men, in exchange for an unspecified number of Palestinian prisoners held by Israel. Israel would also withdraw from populated areas, cease aerial operations, allow far more aid to enter and permit Palestinians to return to their homes, including in devastated northern Gaza.

The second phase, to be negotiated during the first, would include the release of all remaining hostages, mostly soldiers, in exchange for all Palestinian detainees over the age of 50, including senior militants. Israel would release an additional 1,500 prisoners, 500 of whom would be specified by Hamas, and complete its withdrawal from Gaza.

In the third phase, the sides would exchange the remains of hostages and prisoners.

Netanyahu has said he will not secure a deal at any cost, signaling he would not agree to the release of senior militants.

ISRAELIS AGONIZE OVER FATE OF CAPTIVES
Israelis are intensely focused on the plight of the hostages, with family members and the wider public demanding a deal with Hamas, fearful that time is running out. Israeli forces have only rescued one hostage, while Hamas says several were killed in Israeli airstrikes and failed rescue missions.

More than 100 hostages, mostly women and children, were freed during a weeklong cease-fire in November in exchange for the release of 240 Palestinians imprisoned by Israel.

Thousands of Israelis have taken part in weekly protests calling for the release of the hostages and demanding new elections. But Netanyahu is beholden to far-right coalition allies who have threatened to bring down the government if he concedes too much in the negotiations.

That could spell the end of Netanyahu’s long political career and expose him to prosecution over long-standing corruption allegations.

1 hour ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

Not sure I'd be referencing Malcolm Nance on anything

I suddenly feel the need to ask where you were on Jan 6th, 2021

But seriously, I'm not sure what his point is, even if it's true. Is he saying Israel really sucks at killing Hamas because they've killed far more civilians than Hamas members, so they have to wage full-scale war against the whole of the population of Gaza in order to hope they knock out that 1% of the population?

Hidden deep below the headquarters of the United Nations’ aid agency for Palestinians in Gaza City is a Hamas complex that Israel says served as an important communications center for the Islamist militant group
https://www.wsj.com/world/middle-east/hamas-military-compound-found-beneath-u-n-agency-headquarters-in-gaza-7e29c758?st=rzza1usv4q74mb8&reflink=share_mobilewebshare

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, statsman said:

Hidden deep below the headquarters of the United Nations’ aid agency for Palestinians in Gaza City is a Hamas complex that Israel says served as an important communications center for the Islamist militant group
https://www.wsj.com/world/middle-east/hamas-military-compound-found-beneath-u-n-agency-headquarters-in-gaza-7e29c758?st=rzza1usv4q74mb8&reflink=share_mobilewebshare

Just fuck. So many webs and lies in the world. And yes, I know the US has its fingers in a lot, but every country has the stink of deceit on them. I am feeling almost 100% the world needs a reset button. 

Good comments from Ahmed Fouad Alkhatib. I can understand how depressing it is to hope other governments will care about you (his family) more than your own government does. 

I cut out the political parts, but there is some hope with the Israelis looking to build a displacement/refugee centers and safe zone in the Hamas free parts of the north for the people in the south. (Although maybe it's just to ethnically cleanse them later, you know how bad the Israelis are at that)

Some brief updates, thoughts and comments about a number of recent events/developments.

1. My family: My aunt Tahany, her children and grandkids, and my now quadriplegic cousin Israa are still at the Amal Hospital in Khan Younis with almost no food, water, supplies, or painkillers. We haven’t heard from them since Sunday. Yesterday, ferocious bombardment took place all around the hospital, worsening the prospects of them being evacuated anytime soon. Thanks to those of you who contacted Senators and also for the wonderfully supportive messages. I’ve been told that one of the most potentially helpful ways to push for an evacuation of the roughly 80 patients at the Amal Hospital is to contact the White House. Please call them at 202-456-1111 or email  (whitehouse.gov/contact/) and ask for Presidential leadership to push for the evacuation of trapped patients through the Red Cross or Red Crescent. I will link below to the tweet with details about my family. Please also continue to email Senators and Representatives.

2. Egypt/Sinai: Reports emerged yesterday of the supposed construction of a zone by Egyptian authorities inside northern Sinai by the borders with Gaza that could contain displaced Gazans from the impending IDF operation in Rafah. My sources and opinion are that this is not at all a reversal of Egypt’s unequivocal position that it will not accept displaced Gazans en masse in Sinai. My sources tell me that the creation of this five to ten-mile-wide zone is a preventative measure in order to absorb any unwanted Gazans who may break through the borders if fighting intensifies in Rafah. This is not a policy shift on the part of Egypt but is meant to prevent the forced displacement of Gazans due to combat conditions; Egypt sees what happened in Jordan and Turkey during Syria’s civil war where would-be temporary refugee settlements have endured 13 years after Syria’s revolution began.

3. Hamas: people in southern Gaza have continued to face aggression and violence from Hamas. A video shows the Islamist group arresting someone at a UN school where displaced people are sheltering, and, in the process, beating up women and terrorizing civilians. Hamas mouthpieces allege that this was to arrest a supposed “spy” collaborating with Israel. There are at least two separate instances whereby a man and a child were shot dead by Hamas for “approaching” aid trucks. Large segments of Gaza society continue to curse out Hamas and are desperate for the group to release hostages and end the war immediately, especially given the danger of an expanded IDF ground operation in Rafah.

4. Mohammed Dahlan: The story in the New York Times today profiling Dahlan, in my opinion, hints at his ambitions to have a role in Gaza’s future. While I don’t believe that he will abandon his comfortable life in the UAE, and while I appreciate his sentiment that the future of Palestine should not have Hamas or Mahmud Abbas involved, his refusal to condemn the Oct 7th attack is his attempt at virtue-signaling to Palestinian audiences that he is “pro-resistance.” It’s important to note that Dahlan, a Gaza native, was partly responsible for provoking Hamas in 2006 and 2007, leading to the Islamist group’s takeover of the Gaza Strip and all of the disasters that followed. As a child growing up in Gaza, I met Dahlan multiple times when he used to visit my late uncle, Yousef Shehada, in Rafah. He was always eloquent and well-spoken, known for his cunning demeanor and savvy ability to customize his message based on who he was talking to. Nevertheless, I wish that Dahlan would offer realistic perspectives that communicate his true feelings against armed resistance as a meaningful pathway for obtaining Palestinian rights and statehood. Definitely an interesting figure to watch. His most brilliant point was his last: "“Relying on people suffering isn’t leadership." This is exactly Hamas's strategy, hoping to cause maximum misery for its people and expecting that to de-legitimize Israel and extract concessions.

5. Marwan Barghouti: I don’t have a whole lot to say about Mr. Barghouti except the fact that I genuinely don’t see him having a substantial role in future Palestinian leadership. Many Palestinians and Gazans that I speak to share their fear of the “Sinwar Syndrome,” in reference to Yahya Sinwar, Hamas’s Gaza chief; Sinwar actually had some seemingly reasonable views in the past and I’d encourage you to refer to his interview with an Israeli journalist in 2006. But when someone with so much trauma and baggage from serving long prison sentences is all of a sudden placed in the public sphere with tremendous power, that can have a negative, corrupting effect on them that does not serve the interest of the Palestinian people.

6. West Bank: The incursions of the Israeli military throughout the West Bank, including in Ramallah, Nablus, and other cities, as well as their aggressive measures in Jerusalem, are truly detrimental to the stability of the fragile Palestinian Authority.

7. Qatar and Hamas/PA/PLO: As Arab countries are nearing a point where they can share their visions for a Palestinian state and end to the conflict, using the Gaza war as a catalyst for a different future, Qatar is working a seemingly separate track. It seems that Doha is attempting to get Hamas to join the PLO and form a unity technocrat government and has been hosting PA officials to discuss such steps and possible leadership candidates. It’s worth noting that Arab countries such as Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Jordan, and Egypt are seeking to present a roadmap for Palestinian statehood while somewhat bypassing Hamas, while Qatar is focused on ensuring that Hamas is part of a future next chapter/phase. Both have legitimate points of view in that Hamas must be bypassed and cannot, in its current form, be part of the future, while also acknowledging that new/future governance in Gaza will need Hamas’s thumbs-up.

8. Lebanon: The serious escalation in Lebanon after the death of an Israeli soldier partially broke the established rules of engagement around keeping the fighting between Hezbollah and the IDF local to a narrow strip along the Israel and Lebanon borders. However, neither party is interested in further escalation; Hezbollah unfortunately is holding Lebanon’s fate hostage to the whims of Iran’s so-called “Axis of Resistance.”

11. “Al Zahra” area: The Israeli military has been establishing/building a checkpoint south of Gaza City along the western coast and north of the Nuseirat refugee camp. This is the very area that I recently suggested should become the site of new displacement/refugee centers and safe zone and a potential site for a provisional seaport/dock that could receive incoming humanitarian supplies to serve fleeing civilians in the north. It is very evident from lots of Israeli statements and positions that the Israeli government is using the return of civilians to the north as a bargaining chip with Hamas in hostage/ceasefire negotiations. Nevertheless, there is widespread recognition that without civilians being moved up north, the IDF’s operation in Rafah can never fully happen, given that nearly 1.5 million civilians are taking shelter in Gaza’s southernmost city. Keep an eye on this area as a potential hotspot of intriguing humanitarian and reconstruction/redevelopment for the entirety of the Gaza Strip.

12. Rising Anti-Semitism: Regrettably and sadly, incidents of Anti-Semitism in the Western world are truly out of control and utterly shameful. Holding Jewish people responsible for Israel’s actions, or targeting Jewish establishments, individuals, businesses, houses of worship, or even people who support Israel for holding an opinion does not help Gazans or Palestinians, nor is it a legitimate form of opposition to Israeli policies. In the same way that many pro-Palestine folks detest attempts to silence them or prevent them from speaking out, using hateful speech, unskillful tactics, or even violent vandalism is incredibly immoral and damaging and must stop. While Anti-Zionism is not inherently Anti-Semitic, it has sadly become the case that lots of Anti-Zionist activism has crossed the line over to Anti-Semitism and once again, that is wrong, immoral, and unhelpful to the plight of the Palestinians.

• Hook 'Em 4

32 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

I read it. Still fucking stupid.

I don't necessarily disagree

e: To be clear, I don't think it's stupid to feel some kind of way about being complicit in genocide. But you shouldn't off yourself in protest, that doesn't help anyone ultimately. It might get a few more eyes on the story, but they're gonna be on you instead of where they should be.

Edited by Brian Fantana
  • Hook 'Em 4

On 2/14/2024 at 2:40 PM, Chopper said:

Shocker.

image.thumb.png.710b3337d9a7374e33c84a8c685c1dd7.png

Pretty limited in what he could do in the military. He is a high value target both here and in Israel. I doubt anyone who is pro-Israel would want his name and location printed, but yet we see it printed by the Daily Mail.

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I doubt anyone who is pro-Israel would want his name and location printed, but yet we see it printed by the Daily Mail.

I am pro-Israel. I am anti-Benjamin Netanyahu. If Israel is safe for the PM it's safe for his son. Or so one would think.

• Hook 'Em 5

22 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I am pro-Israel. I am anti-Benjamin Netanyahu. If Israel is safe for the PM it's safe for his son. Or so one would think.

I would think that Israel is much safer than Florida for Yair. But, in all locations, he is a high-value target.

4 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Apparently, he was a DevOps engineer for the Air Force, on active duty, and based in San Antonio. Doesn't really take much imagination to figure out what he was likely working on. A strong enough crisis of conscience certainly could lead to a mental break like this.

I watched the [blurred] video. He states his intentions calmly and clearly, sets his phone down to film, pours the fuel on himself, lights it, and yells "Free Palestine!" until he is no longer physically able.

The worst part is the meathead cop pointing a gun at him (according to reports, this is off screen on his video) and getting stuck in NPC mode, yelling "GET DOWN ON THE GROUND" over and over as if the guy who's literally engulfed in flames in front of him can hear or see his stupid ass.

Edited by Brian Fantana

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Apparently, he was a DevOps engineer for the Air Force, on active duty, and based in San Antonio. Doesn't really take much imagination to figure out what he was likely working on. A strong enough crisis of conscience certainly could lead to a mental break like this.

I watched the [blurred] video. He states his intentions calmly and clearly, sets his phone down to film, pours the fuel on himself, lights it, and yells "Free Palestine!" until he is no longer physically able.

The worst part is the meathead cop pointing a gun at him (according to reports, this is off screen on his video) and getting stuck in NPC mode, yelling "GET DOWN ON THE GROUND" over and over as if the guy who's literally engulfed in flames in front of him can hear or see his stupid ass.

I watched it. There were also calls to Get him on the ground. And the line, I don't need guns, I need fire extinguishers.

And it is on his video. Not posting it, anyone who wants can find it.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

I watched it. There were also calls to Get him on the ground. And the line, I don't need guns, I need fire extinguishers.

And it is on his video. Not posting it, anyone who wants can find it.

Yeah I watched the cropped/blurred version, you don't see the cop in that one

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

I don't necessarily disagree

e: To be clear, I don't think it's stupid to feel some kind of way about being complicit in genocide. But you shouldn't off yourself in protest, that doesn't help anyone ultimately. It might get a few more eyes on the story, but they're gonna be on you instead of where they should be.

It’s a meme/video that will go around for a day or two and then be forgotten. And yeah, everybody will focus on his mental health issues instead of what he claimed to be concerned with.  It’s definitely not the same as the Burning Monk in Vietnam in the early 60s. 

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Viper said:

Jordan and the IDF work out a semi-successful airdrop of aid bypassing hamas.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/world/middleeast/100000009331074/gaza-aid-jordan-airdrop.html

Pretty disingenuous to imply that the IDF is lending any sort of assistance here, besides not blowing the planes out of the sky (out of the kindness of their hearts, I'm sure) considering the only reason these air drops are even necessary is the IDF's flat refusal to facilitate aid deliveries in the first place.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Frank Drebin said:

IDF should keep on keeping on until there is an unconditional surrender by Hamas.  Same as we/Allies treated Germany and Japan 80 years ago.

The country committing mass genocide equates to the allies in this comparison? Not to the 2 countries that committed mass genocide? Interesting. 

Edited by Hank_Hill

53 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It’s a meme/video that will go around for a day or two and then be forgotten. And yeah, everybody will focus on his mental health issues instead of what he claimed to be concerned with.  It’s definitely not the same as the Burning Monk in Vietnam in the early 60s. 

Mental illness meeting up with an online extremist community.  It’s really sad. I agree that at least this did not result in violence against others. 

• Hook 'Em 2

54 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Pretty disingenuous to imply that the IDF is lending any sort of assistance here, besides not blowing the planes out of the sky (out of the kindness of their hearts, I'm sure) considering the only reason these air drops are even necessary is the IDF's flat refusal to facilitate aid deliveries in the first place.

Not really. The IDF was involved and it shows their issue with aid was that it was going primarily to Hamas and not to people as reports on the ground indicate

4 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

The country committing mass genocide equates to the allies in this comparison? Not the 2 countries that committed mass genocide? Interesting. 

Hamas isn't a country

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Not really. The IDF was involved and it shows their issue with aid was that it was going primarily to Hamas and not to people as reports on the ground indicate.

Post literally any proof to back that claim up. IDF isn't mentioned once in the link you provided. You injected it in your post in order to propagandize.

I will also add that if you’re part of or following online groups and they are in any way justifying or romanticizing what this man did, you’re swimming in the extremist deep end. You should take care and take stock especially if you struggle with mental health yourself.  They are not feeling your brain healthy food and are working against getting healthy. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I will also add that if you’re part of or following online groups and they are in any way justifying or romanticizing what this man did, you’re swimming in the extremist deep end. You should take care and take stock especially if you struggle with mental health yourself.  They are not feeling your brain healthy food and are working against getting healthy. 

Yeah I agree. Killing yourself for a cause never helps that cause. It never helps anyone, no matter the rationale. It's important not to engage in suicidal ideation for any reason, even if you think you deeply believe in a cause. That cause, no matter what, isn't worth your life or the pain you'll cause to those who care for you.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

The country committing mass genocide equates to the allies in this comparison? Not to the 2 countries that committed mass genocide? Interesting. 

If Israel wanted to commit mass genocide instead of taking efforts to avoid civilian casualties, Gaza would have been devoid of human life on October 8.  Hamas is the entity that wants to commit genocide and push Israel into the sea.  Israel is defending itself from naked aggression.  Just like the USA against Japan.  They should not stop until Hamas unconditionally surrenders or is eradicated.  Fuck them.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Yeah I agree. Killing yourself for a cause never helps that cause. It never helps anyone, no matter the rationale. It's important not to engage in suicidal ideation for any reason, even if you think you deeply believe in a cause. That cause, no matter what, isn't worth your life or the pain you'll cause to those who care for you.

People like that generally think they’re a much bigger character in the drama of the world than they really are. Social media doesn’t help them.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

If Israel wanted to commit mass genocide instead of taking efforts to avoid civilian casualties, Gaza would have been devoid of human life on October 8.  Hamas is the entity that wants to commit genocide and push Israel into the sea.  Israel is defending itself from naked aggression.  Just like the USA against Japan.  They should not stop until Hamas unconditionally surrenders or is eradicated.  Fuck them.  

You're a complete fucking idiot, as usual. Fuck off, Sack.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

I think the my post was pretty much just common sense.  I hate Hamas   You don’t   

But have a good night.  

Your post represents a complete lack of even basic Wikipedia-level knowledge of the conflict. Even the most hardcore Zionists don't tow the "Gaza would be a parking lot if Israel wanted it to be" line anymore because it's complete nonsense.

Your posting comes from a much simpler place: Your inner desire to see as many dead Muslims as possible.

Don't forget, we know who you are. We know the things you've said in the past. Your username change doesn't erase any of that.

Also, I do hate Hamas. Everyone fucking hates Hamas you moron.

39 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Your post represents a complete lack of even basic Wikipedia-level knowledge of the conflict. Even the most hardcore Zionists don't tow the "Gaza would be a parking lot if Israel wanted it to be" line anymore because it's complete nonsense.

Your posting comes from a much simpler place: Your inner desire to see as many dead Muslims as possible.

Don't forget, we know who you are. We know the things you've said in the past. Your username change doesn't erase any of that.

Also, I do hate Hamas. Everyone fucking hates Hamas you moron.

Wrong.  Israel could wipe Gaza off the map if they wanted to.  They don’t despite all the attacks.   Every death in Gaza is 100 percent the fault of Hamas.  

I want Hamas dead or to surrender.  Until they are all one or the other, the IDF shouldn’t let up one bit.  

My inner desire to see as many muslims dead as possible?  What a stupid statement.  

Edited by Frank Drebin
  • Hook 'Em 4