NFL Week 7

shadow_operative2.0

10 minutes ago, John Coctostan said:

Growing up an SD Charger fan, that is probably my favorite pro football game. That team was stacked on offense. It sucks they had to play in that frozen hellscape the next week. 

Back in the day, my pops told me he knew it was over when he saw the Chargers come out all bundled up and the Bengals come out like it was a nice spring day at the park

It's 2023 and the NFL/Broadcasters still haven't realized that 40% of fans would be giddy as hell to just have the stadium PA. Just give me an alternate feed, so I don't have to listen to these overtalking clowns and their meaningless drivel.

Is Justin Herbert ever going to live up to the hype?

Edited by Brothahorn

15 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Nope. Having said that, this is a league that is starting Zach Wilson, Desmond Ridder, Josh Dobbs, Dak Prescott, Baker Mayfield, Matt Hasselbeck, Mac Jones.... 

Actually, after reviewing the garbage starting for a portion of NFL teams, Shake and Bake might actually be a top 15 QB. 

Wildcard playoffs, team is riding the defense, you don't have to be the best, you just have to win.....

Baker Mayfield or Dak Prescott 

Eita GIF by TVE Bahia

Edited by Doc Sam Beckett
Fucking Zach....Cholas 4 life
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Back in the day, my pops told me he knew it was over when he saw the Chargers come out all bundled up and the Bengals come out like it was a nice spring day at the park

The league probably wouldn’t play that game these days. It was dangerously cold. Then the Chargers plane broked and they got stuck there on the tarmac for a day.
  • Rage+1 1

It was said the other day, but I couldn't agree more......how fucking incredible is it that Jalen fucking Hurts is a top 5 QB in the NFL? He was a pain in the ass in college, but nothing to get worked up over. He was a fucking bruiser. He could hit the pass most of the time, but he benefitted greatly from a punishing running game. This fucking guy is actually a  really fucking good NFL QB 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Tonight's game is on ABC/ESPN/ESPN2, they want to steal some baseball eyeballs. 

Due to the strike, there hasn't been enough content for the Networks so they're just mirroring the game on ABC + Manningcast on ESPN2.  That's been the case every week now. 

12 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

They haven't been on ABC every week. 

https://abc7chicago.com/monday-night-football-schedule-2023-abc-espn/13796933/

The network announced Monday that it will simulcast ESPN's coverage of "Monday Night Football" games all season long.

This means 10 additional games will be added to ABC's fall lineup. 

Headaches for our boy. 

Atlanta Falcons running back Bijan Robinson will "be fine," coach Arthur Smith said Monday, after the rookie was severely limited during Sunday's victory against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Robinson said after the game that he was suffering from headaches and began "feeling weird" Saturday night. He struggled to sleep and woke up Sunday "feeling completely out of it." He took medicine to try and feel better, but his head continued to hurt.

Robinson said he never considered sitting out of Sunday's 16-13 victory, but he ended up playing just 11 snaps with no targets and only one touch -- a 3-yard run on the game's last drive to set up Younghoe Koo 's game-winning field goal.

Asked why Robinson was given a carry in that situation when he hadn't played all game, Smith deferred to the play itself.

"He was in a two-minute situation," Smith said. "Gave us three yards and it was situational football. He changes how people want to call it and that's why. It's pretty simple."

On the other snaps in which Robinson was on the field, the Falcons either had another player run the ball or have him run a route where he was not looked at.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38726669/falcons-say-bijan-robinson-fine-headaches-limited-use

19 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

It's 2023 and the NFL/Broadcasters still haven't realized that 40% of fans would be giddy as hell to just have the stadium PA. Just give me an alternate feed, so I don't have to listen to these overtalking clowns and their meaningless drivel.

Every time I watch the Chargers I ask myself the same question. He checks just about every physical box there could be. The balls he throws look great but, something is missing. Maybe it is between his ears.

Go Rangers! Helluva a start so far! 

On Topic: Minny is just such a weird team to me. They do fight real hard in most of their games. Lots of almost wins. I think watching the Browns dismantle SF offensively last week encourages the rest of their opponents some. Like they aren’t unbeatable. Far from it. 

Edited by Nicole44

26 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

On Topic: Minny is just such a weird team to me. They do fight real hard in most of their games. Lots of almost wins. I think watching the Browns dismantle SF offensively last week encourages the rest of their opponents some. Like they aren’t unbeatable. Far from it. 

They look a lot better when they can run 

• Hook 'Em 1