NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

Detroit’s got another game against the Nets. I think this one is their best chance to break the streak for a good while. If they don’t win this one I think this goes to somewhere in the 30’s. The entire team needs to be traded at this point. Blow the entire thing up and start from scratch. Maybe someone will be interested in seeing if Cunningham can be a good 3rd option on a successful team. It would be interesting to see him in Philly, but they have nothing to offer.

Josh Okogie seriously pushes the limits of how bad of a shooter you can be as a non-ball-handling wing and still get minutes in the NBA. I'll be shocked if he's still in the league in 4 years. 

I mean if/when Phoenix gives up on him, who the fuck is going to pick up a dude that's 6'4" and won't - not can't - won't shoot open 3s. 

Edited by ztejas

as usual, he's not wrong. joel embiid in particular has just been abusing officials this year on his way to a free 10-12 ppg at the line. high scoring games and well executed offense are fun to watch, but this FT parade that certain guys are having on a nightly basis has got to stop.
The irony is yesterday was the first time Jokic has gotten that whistle all year. Yesterday was his career high in FTA.

And you never heard Kerr say shit about FTs when Stephen was shooting a lot of them back in the day.

Lol Booker3a73e45b6a6366bad3f79fdfc1f83750.jpg

“Just gonna turn the ball over and not run back!?”

Phoenix is cooked. Wasn’t a big fan of the hype train with their big 3 going into this year and filling it with vet minimums. Now they have have players barking, no point guard, Grayson Allen looks like the only player who gives a shit, no bigs, when Beal returns Book or KD will get hurt and no draft picks until 2047.

More KD drama again.  Maybe he should admit he's a shitty GM and quit trying to arrange "super teams."  I didn't realize how bad that Beal contract is.  He's now 30 and hasn't played a full season since 2019 and he's under contract until 2027 when he'll make $57M.  Good Lord.

Edited by Aqua Buddha
  • Like 1

More KD drama again.  Maybe he should admit he's a shitty GM and quit trying to arrange "super teams."  I didn't realize how bad that Beal contract is.  He's now 30 and hasn't played a full season since 2019 and he's under contract until 2027 when he'll make $57M.  Good Lord.

Yea, just leave.

Do we need to call the Mavs color guy who cooked Harden earlier this year and have him do the same to KD? It would be his 4th team in under 10 years including 2 trade requests(BKLN/PHX). Obv he hasn’t asked to be traded but would be shocked at all if that ever rises by the trade deadline.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

And maybe you should admit you’re a snaggletooth sooner living in okmogee?

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Phoenix is cooked. Wasn’t a big fan of the hype train with their big 3 going into this year and filling it with vet minimums. Now they have have players barking, no point guard, Grayson Allen looks like the only player who gives a shit, no bigs, when Beal returns Book or KD will get hurt and no draft picks until 2047.

Adding Beal was, to be kind, clownish. He is never healthy and putting the weight almost entirely on Durant is not a recipe for success. Booker has no desire to lead that team. The sole reason they were good was when Chris Paul was their leader. Not a fan of his game, but he kept that team together through sheer force of personality. They have none of that leadership now and it shows.

3 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Note to self:  if I’m ever an NBA GM, and I want to create a “Big 3”, remember not to make one of the three a guy who (a) has the worst contract in the league, (b) never plays because he’s always injured, and (c) even when he does play, is not really any better than like 8 other guys we just got rid of to create said Big 3.

But Durant insisted they do it much like Kawhi insisted the Clippers trade for Paul George.  At least that made more sense than Beal.  

They should have just told Durant no.

6 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

There were 10 teams playing for 8 playoff spots in the West so it was obvious someone was going to fall off (Memphis) but no one had the Suns.  They still haven't played the hardest part of their schedule and KD is putting up big time minutes.  

Not sure what they do if they crater.  They can't trade Beal because no one is dumb enough to do that but what about Durant and Booker?

9 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

One thing I’ve noticed is OKC has about 6 guys who are about 6’6 who wear dreads in the pony tails. No wonder they’re tough to guard…they all look the same.

"They all look alike."  Very racist.  (Joking.)

They're an interesting team.  Bill Simmons has said no one team is the best this year but all of the good ones has a gimmick.  OKC's gimmick is they're tall, thin and can't rebound but they can all run, shoot, and finish.  If they're hitting, they're damn hard to beat but they're streaky.  Look at the games they've lost and they were terrible shooting.

3 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

There were 10 teams playing for 8 playoff spots in the West so it was obvious someone was going to fall off (Memphis) but no one had the Suns.  They still haven't played the hardest part of their schedule and KD is putting up big time minutes.  

Not sure what they do if they crater.  They can't trade Beal because no one is dumb enough to do that but what about Durant and Booker?

Booker to Houston. 

zion and ja are on their way to going down as the magic and larry of pissing away talent.

you can get tattoos like these:

IMG_5118.thumb.jpeg.97e1a3039c27685cabf7280ff0d731a7.jpeg

IMG_5119.thumb.jpeg.ff4b1c76fca35c3f4a3b829ecf92e3f3.jpeg

meanwhile zion, a famous millionaire, gets a chest piece that looks it was done out of my cousin’s garage in the windermere neighborhood of pflugerville. really smart guy that zion williamson.

Edited by shadow_operative