NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

19 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

I meant he's kind of an asshole

He carries himself extremely professionally off the court. He runs hot and is extremely competitive on the court. Probably part of why he's the best 20 year old in league history. 

2 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Some of the best players ever were assholes. Jordan, Kobe, Kareem.

Take the fucking compliment 

canadian what GIF by CBC

I mean you called my franchise player an asshole. I didn't realize it was a compliment. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Rajon Rondo officially announced his retirement from the NBA after 16 seasons.

During an appearance on the "All the Smoke" podcast, Rondo was quick with a response when asked by host Matt Barnes if the NBA has seen the last of him.

"Absolutely," the 38-year-old point guard said. "Yeah, I'm done. I can't. I'd rather spend time with my kids."

Thanks for the update Rajon, we were all on pins and needles. Still a career with over $100M in earnings and a couple of rings aint too shabby. But this cracked me up:

"What a time, it was definitely something that I never took for granted when I was in the game," Rondo said. "I loved every minute of it, and I appreciate the brotherhood that I was able to share and bond and grow with over the years. I've learned so much in this game and it's made me the man who I am today. 

Quickly followed in the article by 

Rondo is scheduled to stand trial on April 25 in Jackson County, Indiana, on a charge of unlawful possession of a firearm as well as misdemeanor drug paraphernalia and marijuana charges.

His  story checks out

• Haha 4

On 3/29/2024 at 9:35 PM, shadow_operative said:

I think he also had another -56 or something.  Granted, that's a team effort but jeez.  I wasn't a huge fan of his in the draft.  Undersized but athletic PG who can't shoot very well.  Granted, he could get better but still....

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

they didn't call a tech? ok.

Yes I’d probably say that there should be a tech called for that no matter the player doing it. I am no fan of players working the officials. It’s one of the things that slowly pushed me away from watching a whole lot of NBA basketball because it’s tiresome. If a coach wants to make a case for a foul I feel that’s part of their job, but if you’re playing just focus on what you can control. 

Edited by UpperWestside

I’m still in on Scoot. 

West race is airtight. OKC lost in Boston tonight and Minny won. But Dallas lurking on the 4/5 line may give some incentive to stay on the 2/3?  No clue what’s gonna happen 

Posted (edited)

Right because Michael Jordan never acted entitled, or berated refs, or got soft foul calls. And he definitely didn't shove Byron Russell out of the way(clearly an offensive foul) to get that game winner up. Nope.

Edited by Pam Cummings

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

comparing jordan to lebron is terms of  ring a whiny-ass baby about every single foul call they don’t get is…dumb. lebron is on the mount rushmore of whining, while MJ is nowhere near the conversation of biggest whiners.

MJ would get obliterated on a drive and just get up to shoot his FTs.  Never would have even considered crying like LeBron does.

I’m still in on Scoot. 

West race is airtight. OKC lost in Boston tonight and Minny won. But Dallas lurking on the 4/5 line may give some incentive to stay on the 2/3?  No clue what’s gonna happen 

What’s crazy is the 2 seed in the east still could technically end up as a play in haha

13 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

lol now a totally phantom foul on christian braun. this is such a fucking joke. 

There were lots of phantom fouls that led to Clippers FTs last night.  And the no-call on Zubac closing out on MPJ late was tough, too.

3 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
6 minutes ago, ztejas said:
Suns whipped MIN's ass.

I didn't see them, just saw the scores. But I'll take it any way I can get it.

This Phoenix team could beat you. 

1 minute ago, Chewbacca said:
14 minutes ago, ztejas said:
This Phoenix team could beat you. 

Yep. No easy outs in the Western Conference this year, that's why I want the 1 seed. Playoffs gonna be fun.

Gun to my head y'all repeat. 

Jokic is that good. 

• Like 1

Thank you to the TWolves and OKC for matching the Nuggets turd from last night. Game on.

OKC is hobbling right now. SGA has some nagging injury he’s trying to play through, looks like he can barely stand without making some grimacing look. JDub also hasn’t played in a week now with an ankle injury

Still some tough games with Sacramento, bucks and Mavs.

Wolves have tie breaker over Denver with one game left.

Jim This is gonna be close!!! /tonyromo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1