2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread - I'm watching, just like you guys

gsoda3

8 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

At some point Lively is going to have to convert his dunks and layups. 

And Gafford. Hubie Brown is repetitive but it’s because he’s right and it’s glaringly obvious. So easy for these guys. Gafford is trying for a huge dunk every time. He’s missed two as a result. Lively has missed 3. That’s 10 fucking points off the board. Thunder should not be in this game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Sweetnsourpoke said:

What a game. 

But seriously.....the 8-year olds with stage 4 cancer down at the cancer center act less dramatic than Luca. What a drama queen. Hope he doesn't lose that leg. 

Maybe SGA can get you some free throws if somebody looks at him wrong.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Sweetnsourpoke said:

What a game. 

But seriously.....the 8-year olds with stage 4 cancer down at the cancer center act less dramatic than Luca. What a drama queen. Hope he doesn't lose that leg. 

“Take the L pussy”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

What a game. 

Aww my team lost so I must act like a pussy post
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sweetnsourpoke said:

Fun series so far but it's quite obvious neither one of these teams is winning an NBA championship this season. 

“The Rangers are never winning a World Series.” - Sweetnsourpoke, September 2023…probably

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

They’re going to have to officiate all this undercutting and pulling guys down on top of them that OKC is doing. It’s dangerous and pathetic. Call it a flagrant in the first quarter and call it a flagrant the second time it happens and it will stop quickly. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Are lane violations not a thing in the nba? Luka pointing out Holmgren’s toes on the line on the FT’s, guys step in the lane early every time, guys come inside the 3 point line early. 

giphy.gif

Are lane violations not a thing in the nba? Luka pointing out Holmgren’s toes on the line on the FT’s, guys step in the lane early every time, guys come inside the 3 point line early. 

There’s 4 lane violations every free throw. Whether it’s the guys in the lane or the ones “outside” of the 3 pt arc

They’re going to have to officiate all this undercutting and pulling guys down on top of them that OKC is doing. It’s dangerous and pathetic. Call it a flagrant in the first quarter and call it a flagrant the second time it happens and it will stop quickly. 
Should have called a flagrant on Shai late in the 4th when he elbowed Luka in the face.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ITHorn said:

I can’t think of the last time a #1 seed was so desperate in a game 3 to resort to the hacking strategy. This feels like a newer coach getting desperate. 

I thought it was smart and don’t think it’s over. Kidd blinked, removed Lively, and OKC got 3 offensive boards. 

2 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

A month ago I wouldn’t be able to imagine saying this, but Maxi would be huge right now. Hold on Mavs. 

There is no question he’s missed.  Partly because Chet forces our big guys out on D, leaving lanes open for Shai and others, but it’s glaring on O when our bigs can’t do the same thing that Chet does, and Maxi can do just that. As a result Chet fucking Holmgren has proven himself a pretty damn good rim protector. Averaging 3 blocks per game and affecting our bigs converting easy dunks. 

Also, we have an 8-man rotation with Exum used sparingly, and we are dangerously thin if we get Bad THJ or Green is ineffective. I expect heavy minutes for PJ and DJJ all series. DJJ must play better Monday. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Rex Kramer said:

I thought it was smart and don’t think it’s over. Kidd blinked, removed Lively, and OKC got 3 offensive boards. 

It put Mavs into bonus with six minutes to go and they were lucky that Dallas didn’t take further advantage of that. It also completely took away the ability OKC has to create turnovers and score/get to line in transition which is a huge weapon. I would be pretty surprised if we see it again. 

giphy.gif

Also I think the Mavs win this. And if they’re do I think they can play with whoever wins the other side. But it probably won’t be enough.

Man I wish we had a healthy Luka. The 2022 version. And maxi too.

Hell even Kyrie hasn’t quite been tbe same.

Beat up team. Gettin worse by the game. No way they beat either wolves or Denver most likely.

But hey, if they make the WCFs after last year? That’s legit.