ryan gosling is "the fall guy"

henrygandorf

Gosling and Blunt have a great chemistry. I'd love for them to make more movies together 

Does Gosling really have bad chemistry with anybody? I’m trying to think of a movie where it didn’t click (even if the movie overall wasn’t good)

This movies box office numbers are resparking the debate whether or not movie theaters are a dead concept. 

When I go to my local theater, I do recall feeling an awkward sense of emptiness staff wise.  The entire outside booth ticketing areas are always empty and nonmanned.  One small electronic kiosk at entry, one ticket guy, and like 2 or 3 total concession employees I saw..

I was surprised how few staff for a huge theater it was.

If I didn't have kids I'd prob check this movie out with the wife but I'll likely wait for stream. 

• Like 1

This movies box office numbers are resparking the debate whether or not movie theaters are a dead concept. 

When I go to my local theater, I do recall feeling an awkward sense of emptiness staff wise.  The entire outside booth ticketing areas are always empty and nonmanned.  One small electronic kiosk at entry, one ticket guy, and like 2 or 3 total concession employees I saw..

If I didn't have kids I'd prob check this movie out with the wife but I'll likely wait for stream. 

The people trying to kill the movie theater should be taken out and JoJo Rabbit’ed in the street.

Too much?
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

The front window ticket sales people are just obsolete. I assume everyone gets advanced tickets and reserved seats these days, so you really only need one or two people to scan phones on the way in. I assume they have trouble keeping enough staff on hand to handle the concessions and cleaning though, that seems like a shit job. 

Saw it today.  Fun watch.  Ryan Gosling is great and everyone always likes Emily Blunt.  I liked the throw backs to the original show and other shows of the era.

Stay for all of the credits.  I really enjoyed watching the actual stunts.

Heather Thomas looks like hammered shit.  She's only 66?

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, BurgleBro said:

Not sure where you go, but the theaters I frequent are well-staffed and fairly busy. 

Ticket booths are a dead concept because most people buy their tickets ahead of time online. Anyone buying tickets on site do so at the concession stand, often in a dedicated line. I would bet well under 20% of total ticket sales take place in person.

• Hook 'Em 1

Thought it was fun and a great summer movie. And totally agree with Goslings and Blunt chemistry, they are great together.  I went ahead and joined Cinemark's Movie Club. It kind of forced me to spend more time at the movies. Plus I get a free ticket every month that can be carried over each month, no online fees to buy tickets and 20% off concessions. I found it to be worth it, or at least it feels like it. This was the first time I've seen Aaron-Taylor Johnson since the rumors of him being the next Bond. Doesn't give me comfort, plus, it sounded like he was trying to do his best Matthew McConaughey impression. And as someone said, stay through the credits until the end. 

50 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

This was an enjoyable movie made by 2 charismatic stars but that just isn't enough anymore in our modern dystopia

No worries. Furiosa will give you that needed dystopian hue.

21 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Saw it today.  Fun watch.  Ryan Gosling is great and everyone always likes Emily Blunt.  I liked the throw backs to the original show and other shows of the era.

Stay for all of the credits.  I really enjoyed watching the actual stunts.

Heather Thomas looks like hammered shit.  She's only 66?

All of this, especially the Heather Thomas part. That was soul crushing. She looks like a science project that went horribly awry. I thought she was the hottest thing ever in about 1983. If you had told 13 year old me that was the same girl that I paused Zapped at the exact moment that Willie Aimes took that snapshot... there's no way I would believe you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

All of this, especially the Heather Thomas part. That was soul crushing. She looks like a science project that went horribly awry. I thought she was the hottest thing ever in about 1983. If you had told 13 year old me that was the same girl that I paused Zapped at the exact moment that Willie Aimes took that snapshot... there's no way I would believe you. 

Vanity can be a bitch. She didn't look too bad up until the most recent hatchet job.

3 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

On my bingo card in the 90's, I certainly didn't have Madonna and Heather Thomas looking like hammered shit in their mid 60's.

Went back to finish the movie tonight. Well worth coming back for as this is such a fun movie. The stunt scenes are amazing and again the chemistry with Blunt and Gosling is superb. Definitely recommend seeing this, especially in a theater. Don’t wait to watch it at home.

On 5/5/2024 at 9:54 PM, TrashMaster G said:

Not sure where you go, but the theaters I frequent are well-staffed and fairly busy. 

Ticket booths are a dead concept because most people buy their tickets ahead of time online. Anyone buying tickets on site do so at the concession stand, often in a dedicated line. I would bet well under 20% of total ticket sales take place in person.

Yeah I understand that, my point was how much of the movie theater infrastructure was empty and unmanned and how that adds to the view that the concept is dying or dead etc. 

This is an AMC with an imax was actually decent amount of movie goers.

But it's always staffed very lightly.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

If you had told 13 year old me that was the same girl that I paused Zapped at the exact moment that Willie Aimes took that snapshot... there's no way I would believe you. 

weren't hers

stunt tits.

Edited by yoladu

On 5/6/2024 at 8:10 PM, Aqua Buddha said:

On my bingo card in the 90's, I certainly didn't have Madonna and Heather Thomas looking like hammered shit in their mid 60's.

download (13).jpeg

Fun movie.

Wife and I both loved the original series, she wanted to go watch it for mother’s day.

Even our 18 and 12yo liked it.

Fun movie, gosling is funny.

Aaron Taylor-Johnson doing McConaughey as space cowboy was pretty funny and accurate