LSU @ Alabama- CBS

Hugo Stiglitz

4 minutes ago, TXpride said:

Why even play the fucking game then? Sure technically I can't guarantee I'm going to wake up tomorrow morning, but I feel very strongly (like 99.9%) that if it comes down to us and Bama, but fact that we actually beat them in a head-to-head game in their stadium will matter.

image.thumb.jpeg.1694c1e65704286c271d77cc38d7f846.jpeg

9 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Oregon is already ahead of us with one loss.

Their one loss is better due to Washington being undefeated. Granted, Oklahoma choking on a box of dicks today hurts.

Still, I can see Texas jumping in with the committee because $.

2 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

then undefeated Washington is in, doesn't matter which one

If Bama is 1 loss SEC champ, Texas is 1 loss Big 12 champ, and Oregon 1 loss Pac 12 champ. They will do some rationalization like "Clearly Bama is playing like the best team in the country since they lost to Texas and Texas has a win over them so they should obviously be in over Oregon because they beat another P5 champion so we cant leave them out." Thanks for playing Oregon but your brand wont win out over a Bama and Texas combo. 

I think most need to wrap their mind around the idea that if Alabama wins out and that condition includes them beating a Georgia team who at that point would not have lost a game in 2 full calendar years that Alabama is taking a 1 loss spot as the SEC Champion.  Will it happen?  Who the fuck knows?  But while I know this is a different system it isn't like people making choices haven't discarded 10 point early season victories in the past.  
Yes, but in this scenario (assuming we win out of course) discarding that 10 point loss would also mean discarding the team that gave it to them. It wasn't a fluke win with the ball bouncing funny or some slapdick running back a long field goal try or something. It was a straight up win at their house, both teams at full strength.

4 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

If Bama is 1 loss SEC champ, Texas is 1 loss Big 12 champ, and Oregon 1 loss Pac 12 champ. They will do some rationalization like "Clearly Bama is playing like the best team in the country since they lost to Texas and Texas has a win over them so they should obviously be in over Oregon because they beat another P5 champion so we cant leave them out." Thanks for playing Oregon but your brand wont win out over a Bama and Texas combo. 

Why would they just magically drop Texas if Oregon stays ahead of us the entire time and we both with conference championships?

Some of y’all are thinking emotionally and not rationally.

Just now, Pancho said:

Why would they just magically drop Texas if Oregon stays ahead of us the entire time and we both with conference championships?

Some of y’all are thinking emotionally and not rationally.

Why the fuck would they magically jump Bama over us? Good news is this all a bunch of hypotheticals and plenty of teams will lose and shake this up over the next few weeks. Lets just be patient. Im sure FSU is going to lose. They are not great. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, F250 said:

Their one loss is better due to Washington being undefeated. Granted, Oklahoma choking on a box of dicks today hurts.

That's kind of my point. We might need to look elsewhere than the PAC for that one-loss team to jump, especially if Oregon wins out.

Still, I can see Texas jumping in with the committee because $.

Maybe? I don't have any idea how that plays out.

5 hours ago, Laga4 said:

Won't be conference champion with undefeated Washington.  

Probably gives us advantage as 1 loss conference champion.  

Someone needs to tell captain dumbfuck that the committee cares about style points so take the fucking points and stop being a dickhead going for it on every fucking 4th down.

1 hour ago, Laga4 said:

Here is the technical analysis for us to get in:

Whole lotta shit gotta happen for the Horns to get in.

Not the least is us winning out.

we not only have to beat the opponent, we also have to overcome our own idiotic mistakes, AND the RigXii officials thumb on the scales.

it’s gonna be a tough task.

1 hour ago, Laga4 said:

Not really. You just need something that hasn't happened before to not happen for the first time this year and this team needs to beat three bottom tier teams and a decent team. Not saying it's a lock but I suspect there's a higher chance of it happening than not.

9 hours ago, TXpride said:

If it comes down to us and Bama, there is a 0% chance of the committee putting them in over us with our head-to-head win over them at their place.

We’ll have a great argument in that scenario, but to say 0% is just naive.

In fact, I bet we start to see some poll voters put Bama ahead of us this week.

1 hour ago, Laga4 said:

Plus, just win the Big XII and give the most well deserved finger to this conference, our conference mates, and to all the bitch ass hoe haters that love to bitch about Texas. Whole finger, assholes. 🖕🏼🤘🏼

Edited by Droopy
After that, everything else will fall into place.
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Dallas Turner did the exact same slam to Ewers last year….he got a penalty, but we lost Ewers.

Did Saban order the Code Red?

Do I think he ordered the hit? No. 

Do I think Bama has a history of spearing and/or driving good QBs into the ground and that they are willing to take 15 yards if it means a McCoy, Ewers, Daniels, Mettenberger, etc is knocked out of a big game? Yes. 

It’s not why we lost, but I do think it’s a part of how Saban approaches star QBs, because there’s definitely a trend and it has spanned multiple assistants. 

So he’ll never say “This guy’s killing us, go take him out right now,” but I think the general practice seems to be “if you get a chance to make him bleed…make him bleed and we’ll accept the penalty.”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Do I think Bama has a history of spearing and/or driving good QBs into the ground and that they are willing to take 15 yards if it means a McCoy, Ewers, Daniels, Mettenberger, etc is knocked out of a big game? Yes. 

It’s not why we lost, but I do think it’s a part of how Saban approaches star QBs, because there’s definitely a trend and it has spanned multiple assistants. 

So he’ll never say “This guy’s killing us, go take him out right now,” but I think the general practice seems to be “if you get a chance to make him bleed…make him bleed and we’ll accept the penalty.”

image.gif.671a3127111b2622823c85bb8818381c.gif

6 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

This.

I mean, is there another team with any thing close to their track record for taking out QB's?

Alabama's player of the game vs LSU:

DEFENSE

Dallas Turner

• Led the Alabama defense in production points as he spotted the stat sheet in the SEC Western Division matchup
  • Posted four total tackles, a quarterback hurry and one pass breakup
  • His pass deflection led to an interception by Terrion Arnold that set up the Tide's sixth and final touchdown of the game
  • Helped the defense hold the Tigers scoreless in the fourth quarter and to only one second half touchdown
  • SLAMMED LSU QB (DANIELS) TO THE GROUND TO TAKE HIM OUT OF THE GAME!