LSU @ Alabama- CBS

Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, ATXbronco said:

Fuck USC :)
image.png.f02ea006fa98fde8568f2c860c7fd982.png

Why would we want Washington to win that game? dumb

5 minutes ago, Enemy07 said:

We needed LSU to win. Now the meatheaded committee will find a reason to move Alabama above us. 

They wont even try anything like that until they beat Georgia. In the meantime, they are forced to respect the 10 point asswhipping we gave them at night on the road. 

• Hook 'Em 4

They wont even try anything like that until they beat Georgia. In the meantime, they are forced to respect the 10 point asswhipping we gave them at night on the road. 
idgaf what happens in other games from here on out. We win the rest of ours plus CCG and the playoff committee will have to do some real fuckery to leave us out. BloU sucking more than they did earlier in the season isn't a good look, but I don't think it makes a shit tbh. That was a neutral field rivalry game with some last second heroics by their latest midget QB.

1 minute ago, ousux said:
7 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

idgaf what happens in other games from here on out. We win the rest of ours plus CCG and the playoff committee will have to do some real fuckery to leave us out. BloU sucking more than they did earlier in the season isn't a good look, but I don't think it makes a shit tbh. That was a neutral field rivalry game with some last second heroics by their latest midget QB.

Yeah, that's now how it works. Jesus Christ. There are only 4 spots and 5 conferences. As of right now, we are the only conference leader with a loss. If Washington, FSU, Georgia and Michigan/OSU win out, we're out no matter what we do. We need some of these teams to drop games and you dumb fucks are cheering for them to remain undefeated. Makes zero sense.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, ousux said:
10 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

idgaf what happens in other games from here on out. We win the rest of ours plus CCG and the playoff committee will have to do some real fuckery to leave us out. 

Fuckery how?

Michigan or Ohio State (undefeated or 1 loss)

FLorida State (undefeated)

SEC Champ (undefeated or 1 loss)

Washington/Oregon (undefeated or 1 loss)

Texas (1-loss)

Who would the 4 slots go to?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hmbre97 said:

Yeah, that's now how it works. Jesus Christ. There are only 4 spots and 5 conferences. As of right now, we are the only conference leader with a loss. If Washington, FSU, Georgia and Michigan/OSU win out, we're out no matter what we do. We need some of these teams to drop games and you dumb fucks are cheering for them to remain undefeated. Makes zero sense.

I think FSU is the team that is going to ultimately get left out. They are a fraud and everyone knows it, including themselves. They will lose to Florida/Miami/or in the ACC championship. They have no wiggle room because the ACC is so dogshit.

You do realize it's impossible for both tOSU and Michigan to win out, right? FSU and possibly Georgia are the only locks if they both win out. The ACC is literally worse than the Rig12 this year so FSU may get left out..

Just now, Pancho said:

Fuckery how?

Texas (1-loss)

Well, if Bama wins the CCG and they leave out Texas who beat them head to head, there would be riots. But I think what would happen in that scenario would be a 1 loss Oregon getting left out. If Washington somehow goes undefeated, then the committee may be forced to drop Texas or Alabama. 

3 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

You do realize it's impossible for both tOSU and Michigan to win out, right? FSU and possibly Georgia are the only locks if they both win out.

That's why I put Michigan/OSU. Either one can win the conf with zero losses and be the 4th team. Hell, I'd wager they would put them over us with 1 loss anyway.

2 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

If Washington somehow goes undefeated, then the committee may be forced to drop Texas or Alabama. 

I think Texas would get the nod in such a scenario because we beat them head to head, making the decision to rank us higher easily logically justifiable and because our brand is bigger than Alabama's and besides everybody's sick of their shit

Just now, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I think Texas would get the nod in such a scenario because we beat them head to head, making the decision to rank us higher easily logically justifiable and because our brand is bigger than Alabama's and besides everybody's sick of their shit

Bottom line is this. We need Oregon to drop a game and then beat Washington. Or we just need Florida State to lose a single game. If either of those happen. We are win and in. 

9 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Fuckery how?

Texas (1-loss)

Texas (1-loss) to a 2 loss or more team.

4 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

If a 1 loss Bama ends Georgia's 30 game win streak in the SEC Title game they're in. Sorry, thanks for playing anyone else with 1 loss.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Bottom line is this. We need Oregon to drop a game and then beat Washington. Or we just need Florida State to lose a single game. If either of those happen. We are win and in. 

Yeah that's all we gotta do ... just win, baby. 

I don't know how many more games like today's I can take. 

Milroe played today the closest thing I've seen to Vince Young since Vince Young ... I think. I'll have to scan the memory banks further. Different running styles and body styles but similar impact in terms of running/passing.

That's why I put Michigan/OSU. Either one can win the conf with zero losses and be the 4th team. Hell, I'd wager they would put them over us with 1 loss anyway.
We can force them to make that choice, everything else is out of our control. The Fightin' Harbaughs had their chance last year and lost to a B12 team, and Fuckeyes are good this year but not world beaters. Every year there are one or more teams that get shafted or feel like it at least. Leaving out a one loss Texas with that one loss was to a ranked rival in the final seconds would be really hard to do if the committee is actually doing their job as intended.

Of course none of this means shit if we stumble in Ames or the CCG.

I think most need to wrap their mind around the idea that if Alabama wins out and that condition includes them beating a Georgia team who at that point would not have lost a game in 2 full calendar years that Alabama is taking a 1 loss spot as the SEC Champion.  Will it happen?  Who the fuck knows?  But while I know this is a different system it isn't like people making choices haven't discarded 10 point early season victories in the past.  

5 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

We don’t have the luxury of fantasizing like this, we need to take one game at a time, as the cliche goes, since this squad is capable of winning or losing any game , any time, against any opponent.

• Hook 'Em 2

We can force them to make that choice, everything else is out of our control. The Fightin' Harbaughs had their chance last year and lost to a B12 team, and Fuckeyes are good this year but not world beaters. Every year there are one or more teams that get shafted or feel like it at least. Leaving out a one loss Texas with that one loss was to a ranked rival in the final seconds would be really hard to do if the committee is actually doing their job as intended.

Of course none of this means shit if we stumble in Ames or the CCG.

if the committee is doing their job it should be about who's playing the best at the end of the season.

4 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

For now, I’m just going to enjoy how good it feels to even be talking about the possibility of being in the CFP, in November.

Personally I think every win is a treasured gift this season with this team. Not looking farther down the road than the next game.

• Hook 'Em 1