What the Fuck is Wrong With You, Arlington, VA

atomheartbevo

James Yoo was the owner of the house, and he was under the belief the govt was after him. All of his neighbors were govt spies watching him. His paranoia grew to a point that he was the one actually spying on his neighbors and posting pictures of their activities outside their own home.

I assume that when the actual police showed up on his doorstep, his previously unfounded fears were coming true. 

If you have a well thought out plan to blow up your house, it may be time to seek help.

11 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Meth lab, or tannerite stockpile?

Meth or gas was on?  Apparently the guy inside fired a flare at the cops serving a warrant?  Be curious what the warrant was for?  Tannerite only explodes when struck by a high velocity projectile and produces water vapor, not flames.  

4 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Meth or gas was on?  Apparently the guy inside fired a flare at the cops serving a warrant?  Be curious what the warrant was for?  Tannerite only explodes when struck by a high velocity projectile and produces water vapor, not flames.  

The news stories are vague but the reports sound like he had been firing flares off inside the house which led the police to show up. I would think the initial response would be knocking on the door asking if everything was ok. Perhaps they then followed that up with a warrant to go inside.

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The news stories are vague but the reports sound like he had been firing flares off inside the house which led the police to show up. I would think the initial response would be knocking on the door asking if everything was ok. Perhaps they then followed that up with a warrant to go inside.

Seemed like there were a lot of secondary explosions in the air?  Meth lab seems to make sense, but who the hell knows.  Maybe he turned on the gas, stockpiled a bunch of flares (the secondaries) and decided to go out with a.....bang

*see what I did there....

Not a meth lab. That's not how they go up.

My guess is he opened a gas line as most everything in that area is heated with gas, and he was using the flare gun to try and ignite it. LEL and UEL are important here, too much fuel and not enough oxygen won't let it ignite. Finally, enough air entered the right space and the concentration of flammable vapors dropped below the UEL and he fired the flare at the right time, then...

giphy.gif

• Like 1