Sugar bowl tickets

blacklab

It's pretty clear at this point get in price is going to land well under face.  What's going to be interesting is where the more premium inventory (lower through 300 level sidelines and corners) pricing lands.  I've been too busy to track closely over the last few days but it sure doesn't seem like much of that inventory has moved this week.  Prices have come down some off the extremely optimistic pricing that overly anxious buyers purchased at but not to a point I'm ready to buy and be done with it.  And with inventory where it is - I'm still not anxious about buying.

I know lots of people that bought UW sidelines close for 1500 and up before fees that can now be had for way less. In terms or more premium seating they might dip down more but so many of these seats already had a high fave value that people won’t want to sell for a loss.

9 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

I know lots of people that bought UW sidelines close for 1500 and up before fees that can now be had for way less. In terms or more premium seating they might dip down more but so many of these seats already had a high fave value that people won’t want to sell for a loss.

I'm assuming people that are selling UW sidelines aren't planning to use them.  For example, I suspect the vast majority of 143-145 inventory are scalpers.  If so, they will likely collude and move prices in lockstep.  When inventory gets low in that scenario, I see them hold firm and at times just flat out eat tickets as they have already locked in profits (from those you mentioned that WAY overpaid).  But at least as of now, there is enough inventory that it will move down at some point.   Also now at the point where anxious individual buyers will start pricing to sell because they don't want to deal with it (particularly those traveling to the game with extras) so you will find one-off great deals if your timing is right.

19 hours ago, cabowabo said:

I was just looking on Hotwire and I am getting $229 per night plus taxes for what I believe is the Hyatt Regency New Orleans.  That room is $459 if booked directly through Hyatt.  Ticket prices are also "reasonable" now and will probably come down more.  Only thing holding me back is the 10 hour each way drive from South Texas.  

image.gif.c05e429d070f8b1da8aa4f10cb9e8a8c.gif

• Haha 1

I'm holding out like Billy Ray Valentine looking to call the bottom of the pork belly market.  I've puffed up some scalper income statements over the years, maybe this year I take some back.

Looking for lower level.  Anyone got a prediction on what a good price for lower level will be?  Any idea which end Bevo will be on?  I'm thinking 126 or 102 look promising.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

39 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Cost including fees just went below $350 (including fees) in the 100 level on TM for the first time...

This AM when I looked, I jotted down number of tix in 143-149 on Ticketmaster.  Excluding 145 (which had and still has "100+ available), net tickets for sale in those sections went up by 24 over the course of the day.

Edited by Skipper

I found out last night Seatgeek screwed up my order.  I ordered 6 tickets, they sent me a link to claim them that took me to Ticketmaster.  Ticketmaster shows I only ordered 4 tickets and when I claimed them, my iPhone wallet only shows 1 ticket.  Customer service is not responding, I've got several emails into their Helpdesk and their hard to find phone number shows hours from 11am to 11pm which is 5 hours from now.  Getting nervous, I've got a 10 hour drive ahead of me and 2 nights booked at the Hyatt in limbo right now.

55 minutes ago, Zone Read said:

I found out last night Seatgeek screwed up my order.  I ordered 6 tickets, they sent me a link to claim them that took me to Ticketmaster.  Ticketmaster shows I only ordered 4 tickets and when I claimed them, my iPhone wallet only shows 1 ticket.  Customer service is not responding, I've got several emails into their Helpdesk and their hard to find phone number shows hours from 11am to 11pm which is 5 hours from now.  Getting nervous, I've got a 10 hour drive ahead of me and 2 nights booked at the Hyatt in limbo right now.

The iPhone wallet doesn’t have the other three if you scroll right?

Plus fees. On seatgeek thats another $100 per ticket or so lol

on the sugar bowl app ™. Ended up being ~ $360 total/each, I’ll take it. Looking at the UW reddit on tiers their season ticket holders were given, its not much over face. $260 or $310 before tax was face, I think. Just looked at seat geek and ~ $450 all fees in is lowest im seeing on loge.

I suggest keep looking on TM, some corporate seats are dropping low there but the filter sucks if you want more than 2 tix

29 minutes ago, Zone Read said:

After a sleepless night and 90 minutes in chat with someone at Seatgeek, now all of my tickets are showing in the Apple wallet.  Thanks.

All is well that ends well but that sucks.    That is why the closer it gets to game the more likely i'm only buying on TM.  I don't want to deal with relying on someone to do the transfer over to TM.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

All is well that ends well but that sucks.    That is why the closer it gets to game the more likely i'm only buying on TM.  I don't want to deal with relying on someone to do the transfer over to TM.

Good advice, lesson learned. Although I've never had any problems before with Seatgeek, Stubhub, or Ticketmaster.

56 minutes ago, Zone Read said:

Good advice, lesson learned. Although I've never had any problems before with Seatgeek, Stubhub, or Ticketmaster.

I mean I wouldn't hesitate buying today.  They will figure it out eventually.  More like night before or day of.  But in your case, I get it.  You were ready to hit the road so major pain in the ass.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger tonight in 340.  Got a couple on the aisle for $452 each after fees.  Probably would have waited a bit more if they weren't on the aisle    I read a bit today and it seems like people that attend games regularly there prefer 200/300 level to 100 level from a view standpoint.  I think 145 will be the value section though for those looking.  I just wouldn't want to be too high up in the 100 level from what I've read. I was looking between rows 10-20 give or take in the 100's.   

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, Skipper said:

I went ahead and pulled the trigger tonight in 340.  Got a couple on the aisle for $452 each after fees.  Probably would have waited a bit more if they weren't on the aisle    I read a bit today and it seems like people that attend games regularly there prefer 200/300 level to 100 level from a view standpoint.  I think 145 will be the value section though for those looking.  I just wouldn't want to be too high up in the 100 level from what I've read. I was looking between rows 10-20 give or take in the 100's.   

We got put in the 100s for the Georgia game and I do remember thinking the viewing angle from there was a bit lower than would be ideal.

This year we got 300s but we’re in the corner instead of sidelines.

Lulz, lower level seats between the end zones starting at $250 incl fees on the udub side and $475 on the Texas side. I'm sure they made out like bandits a few weeks ago, but I hope the brokers get fucked with their remaining inventory. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

All of the lower level prices on Ticketmaster seem to be locked into a minimum price of $255 each ($303 after fees).

Seatgeek is much cheaper now but there is the chance something could go wrong with the transfer.

There is also promo code NEWYEAR24 for $25 off your SeatGeek purchase. 

Just now, MrBig said:

All of the lower level prices on Ticketmaster seem to be locked into a minimum price of $255 each ($303 after fees).

Seatgeek is much cheaper now but there is the chance something could go wrong with the transfer.

There is also promo code NEWYEAR24 for $25 off your SeatGeek purchase. 

I could be totally wrong, but I think I remember that TM won't let you price below face.

1 hour ago, royiv said:

I could be totally wrong, but I think I remember that TM won't let you price below face.

get in price right now on TM is $55 plus fees. crazy since get in price for the Rose Bowl 15 minutes before game was over $1000 plus fees.