2025 DT Brandon Brown

BurntOrange&White

Just now, Chili dog said:

You post it. You’re the one saying he’s amazing. Where’s this “amazing” film you speak of? I played in his district with multiple guys who were more impactful players than he. 

You said his HS film was better. So post it. The guy was amazing. Are you saying he wasnt? 

1 minute ago, Chili dog said:

You post it. You’re the one saying he’s amazing. Where’s this “amazing” film you speak of? I played in his district with multiple guys who were more impactful players than he. 

I don’t have the film, but let me take this moment to compliment you on your usage of pronouns, particularly your “he.”

Just now, bwub60 said:

You said his HS film was better. So post it. The guy was amazing. Are you saying he wasnt? 

In high school, he was not amazing. I never felt he was amazing. His high school film is not anywhere near as good as Brown’s. 

Just now, Doc Daneeka said:

I don’t have the film, but let me take this moment to compliment you on your usage of pronouns, particularly your “he.”

Thank you. I hope you’ll forgive my ending a sentence in a preposition. I try not to cast too many pearls before swine 😉

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, bwub60 said:

I saw the guy firsthand. I know what’s on the film. You made a claim that we should tap the [brakes]. I say fuck that. Brown has 5️ highlights that go on for nearly 8 minutes. I’ve never seen a more destructive DT at the high school level. Maybe some as destructive, though none come to mind. But don’t worry, I’ve sent this film to a guy who broke down recruiting film at UT under Mack and I’ll let you know if he disputes me. 

Edited by Chili dog
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

In high school, he was not amazing. I never felt he was amazing. His high school film is not anywhere near as good as Brown’s. 

Thank you. I hope you’ll forgive my ending a sentence in a preposition. I try not to cast too many pearls before swine 😉

“Of which I speak” is a bit fancy for this crowd, I agree. Not going with “him [was]” is a big win, though.

I want to see Brandon Brown with a couple of years in the Texas weight room while also coached by Bo. Now that should lead to some impressive film. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

2 time AA
Lombardi
Successful NFL career (pro-bowler)

Surly: "Meh"

lol I love this place. You guys are complete assholes after my own heart

He was very good but also very overrated. The media was in love with Stoops at the time (for pretty good reason shortly after the 2000 title) and bought everything he said without hesitation. During the first half of his college debut at Air Force the announcers were telling the audience to watch Harris because he was one of the best defensive linemen in the country even though he was a true freshman. They had no way of knowing something like that other than hype from the Oklahoma staff.

In Harris's defense he did back that up with good play unlike other more mediocre players that got the same premature hype like Teddy Lehman.

But he was definitely overrated especially when you consider he played in the Big 12 right after Casey Hampton who was actually as good as Harris was hyped to be. Being overrated doesn't necessarily mean you suck.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Here is his hudl... dayum

http://www.hudl.com/v/2LQy4S

Holy shit! at the 2:32 mark I have never seen a kid take a knee for a sack in order to avoid getting hit by this monster. HAHA! 

Pretty sure that was victory formation and the QB was trying to run clock.

But holy shit, that video is ridiculous.  And he was wearing #20?  Does he play RB?  

Tommie Harris was much better at stopping the run than rushing the passer while at OU. He was never a prolific pass rusher (highest sack total in a season was 5) but he was great at disrupting offenses, nonetheless, by freeing up his teammates to wreak havoc. He was also very good at stopping the ball carrier behind the LOS (34 tackles for loss in his career). He was fast (4.68 40) and strong (29 bench) and was drafted high (14th overall) due to his immense talent and ability to impact a game with his penchant for making plays behind the LOS.

But, he never truly maximized his full potential, both in college and in the NFL as a pass rusher. I’m sure that many people had envisioned that he would become the next John Randle at Defensive Tackle, with his combination of speed and power. Yet, it never fully materialized as time went on. And injuries eventually took their toll and cut short a promising career.

15 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Here is his hudl... dayum

http://www.hudl.com/v/2LQy4S

Holy shit! at the 2:32 mark I have never seen a kid take a knee for a sack in order to avoid getting hit by this monster. HAHA! 

The :10 mark of this clip may explain why he noped the fuck out:

16 hours ago, NWAustinDude said:

What a both funny and frightening highlight. O-lineman goes full ree on his assignment, leaving his QB hopelessly exposed.  Poor kid gets rocked so hard, both his feet leave the ground. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...