Texas vs TTU- 7pm on ESPN2

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Everyone, and I mean everyone here knew he was not gonna work out.

like a week ago a bunch of people were vehemently arguing against this very idea. everyone should have known. many have chosen delusion and passed it off as being “rational”.

Why did we HAVE to hire him? Everyone, and I mean everyone here knew he was not gonna work out. That is why we gave him a short contract with low money. He was the interim coach. He steadied the ship when the captain went overboard. That doesnt mean you are ready to be captain though. 

It means you get a chance. He earned the job.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, ztejas said:

That was our first sweet sixteen in 15 seasons and we didn't make the final four because all of our best players got injured. Saying Terry underachieved in the tournament is fucking retarded.

We beat a 15 seed and a 10 seed lol. We had a nice win against Xavier that we matched up well with. And then we fucking choked our ass off against a 4 seed Miami team lol. He took a Final 4 team to the elite 8. I wouldnt call that an amazing coaching performance. He won 1 game that we shouldve been expected to win (Xavier) and lost the other one (that we were favored in).

Why did we HAVE to hire him? Everyone, and I mean everyone here knew he was not gonna work out. That is why we gave him a short contract with low money. He was the interim coach. He steadied the ship when the captain went overboard. That doesnt mean you are ready to be captain though. 

we didn't have to hire him.  I thought we'd look a lot better when Disu came back but we're pretty meh.

he'll get 2 years.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

It means you get a chance. He earned the job.

Eh, during march madness I said if Terry got the team to the final 4, the job was his. Usually an E8 or E16 run is good enough, but last year's team was the most talented and experienced team we had had in several years. The next 3 years will be rough, but hopefully CDC spends that time seeking out an actual proven winner at a high level to be our next guy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

This is such a brutal fucking downgrade from Rice and Carr. If I'm going to fault Terry for anything this season it's thinking that this backcourt was going to be good enough to do anything. To be fair, maybe he thought Tyrese would show one fucking ounce of improvement this season.