Texas Softball 2024 - Farewell to the Big 12 (and back to OKC?)

Js1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I wonder how things go if Texas hosted bama and Tenn hosted aggy, as many would believe that seeding would have been more correct. But gotta get those rivalry matchups to maximize ratings. 

They didn’t have to do much to shuffle and avoid an all SEC super

easily could have been Bama at Texas, aggy at OU and FSU at Tenn 

Edited by Js1

10 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Why, why, why, why, can’t a player at this level bunt the ball?

Had Govan achieved just 1° or so more loft on her smash to LF, Baylor would have gone up by a run anyway. Alas....

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This has been brought up on the softball threads before, and the general feeling is that softball isn’t baseball and there’s no reason to change it to make it more like baseball.  Those choppers and the slapping are part of the strategy of softball. 

I mean Ichiro took some of the concept of slap hitting and speed and got like 6000 professional hits in 2 leagues. 

Fair enough but Ichiro was 1 of 1.  beyond the slappys(which yes I am no fan of) I think the bigger field would benefit less station to station and other things like JS1 said with double plays.

I'm sure it won't change.  that said, I hope our slappys kick aggy ass today.

29 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Fair enough but Ichiro was 1 of 1.  beyond the slappys(which yes I am no fan of) I think the bigger field would benefit less station to station and other things like JS1 said with double plays.

I'm sure it won't change.  that said, I hope our slappys kick aggy ass today.

We only have one true slapper (Maloney) in our lineup.  

Posted (edited)

Unbelievable it was 8-5 with 2 outs, 2-2 count, bottom of the 7th. Holy shit.

the pass ball then base hit seemed meaningless at the time.

had Perez 0-2 as well. Wow.

Edited by troph

3 hours ago, troph said:

I agree the field is too small - I don’t think as many fly balls should be automatic outs either, i think poorly hit balls should be more opportunities for double plays. I also think they can handle 9 innings. I have the same view about tennis, wtf men grand slams are 5 sets and women stay at 3 (men at at 3 for most other tournaments). 

And while we are at it, make the ball smaller, raise the mound, and pitch overhand. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Lostman said:

And while we are at it, make the ball smaller, raise the mound, and pitch overhand. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Well there’s already women’s baseball so no actually.

I vaguely recall there being a segment on a local station where they had Cat pitch to the baseball team’s best power hitter at the time.  I don’t remember who got the better of it, but I do recall that it got me to watch the evening news.