Texas Softball 2024 - Farewell to the Big 12 (and back to OKC?)

Js1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Hopefully he remembers how to properly wave a runner home tomorrow.

ha.  I'm not sure White really knows how to teach or coach baserunning.  We seem to fuck it up a lot.

at least we don't lose 1-0 with the best pitcher in the history of college softball.  If he can get some pitching we have the bats.

Edited by dcar00
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I guess it’s Citlaly for as long as she can to + Simpson and maybe TK for some outs 

Eh, I'd roll out with Mac with a short leash.  She generates ground balls and aggy only scores on homers.  We need to start by holding them in check while generating runs.  After that we can platoon in everyone else. 

I don't trust CG at all.  The last thing we can have is a rough start.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Temp on the field was over 120 degrees….the pitchers bare the brunt of the heat.  Their pitcher’s arm has to be ready to fall off…TBD.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

Kagan is good but they are sitting on her change.

Don’t throw a change.

1 minute ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Their pitcher’s arm has to be ready to fall off

Wow I don’t feel bad For her at all 

5 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Eh, I'd roll out with Mac with a short leash.  She generates ground balls and aggy only scores on homers.  We need to start by holding them in check while generating runs.  After that we can platoon in everyone else. 

I don't trust CG at all.  The last thing we can have is a rough start.  

I trust her. She’s still the same pitcher who started and won against Tenn and OKST and OU. She had a bad start, like UH. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If all of our pitchers are on CG might be the best overall even though TK has better stuff imo. Like I stated she’s usually nails after bad games 

either way who ever Mike Starts better be on it. I feel like they’ll roll Kennedy out with a short leash so we need to get to her early 

Edited by D3zii

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Pitching coach, Patty Ruth Taylor 

I was very complementary of PRT throughout the season.  She did a great job. 

But holy fuck our pitching has really melted.  How the fuck did we give up 12 fucking hits to aggy?  I think we are playing too tight . . . or too loose.  We need to channel some Augie-like zen master shit and get everyone focused.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bschoolprof said:

But holy fuck our pitching has really melted.  How the fuck did we give up 12 fucking hits to aggy?  I think we are playing too tight . . . or too loose.  We need to channel some Augie-like zen master shit and get everyone focused.  

Yeah our pitching hasn’t melted down like this all year 

Just now, Js1 said:

Yeah our pitching hasn’t melted down like this all year 

I can only honestly remember one game (UH game 1) where our pitching really blew it.  We pitched great to pretty good against OU and OSU - two top 5 offensive teams.  

• Hook 'Em 1

It’s the #1 seed that has caused a lot of mental duress. They (a$m) are playing loose like we did when we went to the Series. I know I am not the only one who thinks this.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

So I saw aggy was ranked #9 in the latest poll and they play in a respectable conference. Why exactly are they a 16 seed? I get the Duke thing, but not this one. 

RPI was closer to 16 but it was still jiggered to create this matchup. Don’t know that they cared who won, just that we played. 

As opposed to ou, who they really want to make the wcws. 

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

So I saw aggy was ranked #9 in the latest poll and they play in a respectable conference. Why exactly are they a 16 seed? I get the Duke thing, but not this one. 

RPI.  They had a weak non con, didn't play some good SEC teams in conference, and got swept by the good ones they did play.  

They are a good team playing out of their mind right now.  Still, given how we have played this year, we should have won in 2.  

7 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Catching up . . . lots of driveby "I only watch softball once a year" posters.  Like me on a basketball thread. Lol

"They put the starting pitcher back in!!!"

That’s me alright.  Not surprising there are many names here found on the baseball board.

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

RPI was closer to 16 but it was still jiggered to create this matchup. Don’t know that they cared who won, just that we played. 

As opposed to ou, who they really want to make the wcws. 

That’s a given….plus, they get two extra days of rest.

2 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

RPI.  They had a weak non con, didn't play some good SEC teams in conference, and got swept by the good ones they did play.  

They are a good team playing out of their mind right now.  Still, given how we have played this year, we should have won in 2.  

Yeah they only faced I think 2 of the top tier SEC squads in UF and LSU and went 0-6. They missed most of the upper tier. 

8 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

I can only honestly remember one game (UH game 1) where our pitching really blew it.  We pitched great to pretty good against OU and OSU - two top 5 offensive teams.  

That UH game and maybe the LSU game after the UH series. But man, not like this in 2 consecutive games. 

• Rage+1 1

19 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Catching up . . . lots of driveby "I only watch softball once a year" posters.  Like me on a basketball thread. Lol

"They put the starting pitcher back in!!!"

raises her hand, I’m one of them.

I watch a lot less sports all together now but to be honest if I was to invest in new sports allegiances it would be women’s sports. I grew up only watching amateur sports and I enjoy the UT women’s sports more every time I watch them for that reason.  

• Hook 'Em 3