Texas Softball 2024 - Farewell to the Big 12 (and back to OKC?)

Js1

18 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

So I saw aggy was ranked #9 in the latest poll and they play in a respectable conference. Why exactly are they a 16 seed? I get the Duke thing, but not this one. 

Because the NCAA loves to fuck around

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Might be more if the Women's Softball was also on the Baseball board.

I’ve always thought they should be on the baseball and basketball boards. But whateves.

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

I was very complementary of PRT throughout the season.  She did a great job. 

But holy fuck our pitching has really melted.  How the fuck did we give up 12 fucking hits to aggy?  I think we are playing too tight . . . or too loose.  We need to channel some Augie-like zen master shit and get everyone focused.  

I rolled through Sinton twice this past few days and thought of Bill.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Yeah I might check in more if that were the case.

To me, there should be an "On the Diamond" or some such board. And I'd be fully in favor of women's basketball being on the basketball board. Even as great as we are in volleyball, rowing, track and field, etc., those maybe could stay as they are. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Was there a post-game interview anywhere?  Was wondering if Coach White took the blame for that blown base running call.

Also that last inning it looked like Maloney was pretty wound up emotionally.  Good call by whoever to take a little time to get the players together to reassure her.  I can imagine that the outfield seems pretty lonely after a bauble like she made in that situation.  

Just now, HuntinHorn said:

Glad to see Bella knock off the nodding of Kennedy there...

Lefties started to see her better. Bella, Vivi, Henry. Key to tomorrow if they throw her 

Any conspiracy theories over on TxAgs on how this is going to turn out?   

They can’t be blaming the LHN and the ‘sips who dominate the Texas Legislature for this one.   Can they?  

Twitter/X Ags bitching about the ump calling balls and strikes in our favor, base calls in our favor, “getting extra challenges”, etc etc. Same ol shit when they lose …different day.
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

All the blues were equally shitty today. 

Oh the consensus seems to be they’ve been really bad across supers 

9 minutes ago, HuntinHorn said:

Twitter/X Ags bitching about the ump calling balls and strikes in our favor, base calls in our favor, “getting extra challenges”, etc etc. Same ol shit when they lose …different day.

I'm sure they were equally furious when they got a free out on a play where their first baseman wasn't even touching the bag.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So he really was pointing to third to tell her to touch third.  He got what he deserved, that’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen a base coach do. 

Of course he was pointing to third which in and of itself is just a bad decision but not without complete merit. Gotta have the runs, don’t get thrown out at home yada yada yada but he’d be wrong there. The problem which I’m still not over is he fucking blamed her. Just look at the sign he made to her, then the sign he mimicked to coach Steve - NOT the same - then look at what Steve showed him to do with the fucking roto arms. I can’t fucking believe he blamed her. That was one of the most hideous coaching displays (blaming her) I’ve ever seen.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I was just about to add that to the end off my post, but thought the same thing. If not him, who?

Yeah, no one bc you can’t take Singleton out of the dugout to talk to the hitters or PRT out when she’s talking to the pitchers when the offense is out there. He just has to be better 

1 minute ago, bschoolprof said:

He needs to fire himself as 3rd base coach - he's not very good at it.  But then you'd have to put singleton there and I think he's best coaching the hitters from the dugout.  

you don't need to tell a player to touch the base.  you need to tell them to go or stop.  that is just ridiculous.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

you don't need to tell a player to touch the base.  you need to tell them to go or stop.  that is just ridiculous.

Yep. She knows the rules. He’s there to be her eyes for go/stop. He changed the visual cue from go to stop. 

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So what I’m seeing here is that a win tomorrow would be our 50th of the season. 

Texas has 51 wins 

Reese is now #2 on the single season conference RBI list. 2 away from tying for #1

6 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Mike White needs to clarify to his players what his hand signs mean. If I saw him point to the bag I would assume thats the bag he wants me to stay at. Is he capable of doing a windmill motion? 

What is it with our baseball/softball head coaches coaching at third base?

• Rage+1 1