2026 RB Raycine Guillory Jr

2 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

How can a 2026 commit? Isn't there a no contact until June 15th?

I believe 2025 and 2026 can be invited to junior day, and this kid looks special enough that Sark and Choice said fuck it, he's ours. Maybe I'm misinterpreting your question, but he was invited to Jr day, so I believe contact can be made?

9 hours ago, utfan87 said:

Other than he’s going to outweigh Robinson by 20lbs they weigh damn near the same and he’s 6 years younger 

Oh, no doubt he's going to play heavier. I was thinking more of the ways in which Sark might use him. Definitely has receiver and return skills to go with that RB vision. Maybe the Reggie Bush comp is better overall. 

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

Look at all those stars:

spacer.png

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but he's not ranked yet. He's a self-declared 5* and best RB in the nation. Nothing wrong with the confidence and maybe he'll be right. Kid looks good

Edited by Mr. Mojo Risin'

6 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

He has a lot of those Jonathan Gray era Aledo 10 yard wide holes on his highlights.  But if the 4.43 and 10.8 as a freshman are true, then he's a much better prospect than Gray already.

He makes some terrific cuts to part the seas when he needs to and YAC in some of those highlights as well. Looks like the real deal to me, but as posted by some already, I hope Aledo doesn't run his wheels off.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, sith_horn said:

He makes some terrific cuts to part the seas when he needs to and YAC in some of those highlights as well. Looks like the real deal to me, but as posted by some already, I hope Aledo doesn't run his wheels off.

They will.  He’ll need a redshirt year to recover.  The coaches there are like HS baseball coaches who have an elite pitcher and ruin their arm by throwing them out there for 150 pitches in the state tournament.

7 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

They will.  He’ll need a redshirt year to recover.  The coaches there are like HS baseball coaches who have an elite pitcher and ruin their arm by throwing them out there for 150 pitches in the state tournament.

He should skip his junior and senior years at Aledo, move to Austin, and we'll have the College of Education homeschool him. 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Mother mopar said:

He posted his UOV to Texas on YT. If you were ever curious about what went it to a visit, it's worth a watch.

Love the shit talk with the SOC guy at the end and I believe Jackson Christian’s mom reaction to it

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Like 1

On 1/21/2024 at 6:28 AM, Gut Wagon said:

Oh, no doubt he's going to play heavier. I was thinking more of the ways in which Sark might use him. Definitely has receiver and return skills to go with that RB vision. Maybe the Reggie Bush comp is better overall. 

I won't say he's good enough to "defy comparison" but I do think he's his own guy. I do see some of Jamaal in his jump cuts (the reason why Keith Jackson described JC as a "wisp of smoke" in the Rose Bowl, IRRC) and a little of his long speed. I also see some of Bush's short area quickness and shake. He looks better at running through arm tackles than I remember Bush though (I could be wrong - I'm going completely on memory here).

But if the laser timed 4.43 and 10.8 as a freshman are accurate, then he probably really does have a very legit chance at being the #1 RB in class. As others have said, I just hope Aledo doesn't run him into the ground before he gets here like they did to poor Gray.

I'm also curious about his receiving skills. One of the things Sark seems to like is having RBs with WR-type hands (Bijan, Blue, Baxter, Keilan - all the way back to Bush. Brooks has damn good hands too). Hopefully, this kid does too. Some of my favorite plays under Sark have been designed passes to the running back (and plays where the checkdown to the back worked out beautifully). 

• Hook 'Em 2

Not worried about the Aledo factor. This isn't Jon Gray's Aledo, they have a myriad of other D1 athletes like Finley's kid plus their last 4 or 5 QBs have all been college players. Also they rarely play more than 2 and a half quarters 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/21/2024 at 11:19 AM, longhornmatt said:

He has a lot of those Jonathan Gray era Aledo 10 yard wide holes on his highlights.  But if the 4.43 and 10.8 as a freshman are true, then he's a much better prospect than Gray already.

I’m glad someone else saw that. It’s hard to know just how good he is since he’s running vs air on 95% of those plays. That isn’t his fault, and he’s got good vision and top end speed, so….

• 2 months later...