Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

1 minute ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Nope. Amused that you would defend a racist. 

There's plenty of reasons to shit on Shaun King without resorting ro racist, grade school, 6th grade humor. But i'm not surprised that you don't comprehend that and instead choose to join in on and encourage such an idiotic display.

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Also, Posobiec is a liar and Shaun King is still on twitter. 

He quit last night then came back this morning.

Anyway, back on topic:

Musk, E. pelted yesterday by the NY Times announcing an upcoming targeted smear 'documentary':

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/elon-musk-new-york-times-documentary-fx-1235239488/

Right on the heels of the news that Elon Musk is nearing a deal to buy Twitter, a television documentary about the polarizing businessman has been announced to premiere this May.

Titled “Elon Musk’s Crash Course,” the upcoming film is the latest in FX and The New York Times’ collaborative documentary series “The New York Times Presents,”

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Hook 'Em 2

I find all the uproar to be hilarious.  Twitter is used by maybe a fifth of Americans, and most of them are white, male, and between 23 and 35.   It's just a big circle jerk of young dudes who are incapable of waiting to read properly fleshed out news items, already groomed by 24 hour cable news I guess.   References to it being the "public square" or having any kind of genuine significance are fatuous at best.  Like most everything else the "tech industry" has brought to the world, Twitter is meaningless, adds no measurable value unless you need it to spread nonsense, and is ultimately a silly toy for boys.  Acting like some kind of disaster has occurred because a rich guy bought a new toy is just silly.  Like most toys, Twitter can be entertaining, but claims of its relevance are greatly exaggerated.  It is schlocky cable news in an app, combined with tit pics and millions of stupid opinions that don't merit reading.  More power to you if that's your thing, but there are better places for news and tits, and the opinions are better left to those who harbor them.  Directly communicating with celebrities and knowledge leaders?  Please.  That shit isn't real most of the time.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

You guys are really slipping on the opportunity to call Shaun King a thief. Because he's a huge thief.

Also, Posobiec is a liar and Shaun King is still on twitter. Apparently they're having an argument and everyone should be rooting for the meteor in that one.

No, Shaun King is a liar b/c he said he was leaving.

Posobeic is a gullable dumbass.

Get it straight squirt or I'll throw your ass out the little round window in the side.

I wouldn't consider myself an Elon fanboy, although I like a lot of what he does. I think Tesla and SpaceX are extremely valuable companies for our future.

For people that actively hate Elon and root against him, it seems like you are also rooting against Tesla and SpaceX. Does that concern you in any way? If not, is it because you think those companies aren't actually important, or that you don't agree with their purpose (EVs, cleaner energy, space flight)? Or do you think Elon could fail and the companies continue being successful without him? Or other companies would fill the gaps left behind?

Just curious how people see this. 

2 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Kinda like an ignore button for Twitter.  Cube can post but nobody can see it.

I've always wanted someone to call me out, quoting something I've said and twisting the knife only to get my response -

"Sorry, I have me on 'ignore', so you're time is wasted here".

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

What's a shadow ban?

It's when you're profile or posts won't show up unless you specifically type in the users address.  So while many "like-minded" posts come up (ex. you type in hunting, and camping and assorted outdoor gear comes up).  Not so if you are "shadow" banned.  People have to directly seek you out, ruling out significantly the option for new followers, etc.  

6 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

I wouldn't consider myself an Elon fanboy, although I like a lot of what he does. I think Tesla and SpaceX are extremely valuable companies for our future.

For people that actively hate Elon and root against him, it seems like you are also rooting against Tesla and SpaceX. Does that concern you in any way? If not, is it because you think those companies aren't actually important, or that you don't agree with their purpose (EVs, cleaner energy, space flight)? Or do you think Elon could fail and the companies continue being successful without him? Or other companies would fill the gaps left behind?

Just curious how people see this. 

Not a hater, but I'm very skeptical of Musk, he seems at best hit or miss on ventures.  I have yet to see a proper vetting on any of his tunnel schemes, all that I've seen appear to be far from compliant with basic safety standards.  (Not that I've done a thorough search lately, but still.)  So why would I assume the fanciful promises and cost estimates of hyperloop would be legit?

Space ventures seem to check out, and Teslas are sold (but like Land Rover, seem to repeatedly rank at the bottom of quality rankings.)  So maybe, but I wouldn't personally invest long term in his companies.

Anyway, I like the conspiracy theory that Jack (who appears to now self-identify as King Nebuchadnezzar) enlisted Musk to retake Twitter:

1 minute ago, clapclapclap said:

Not a hater, but I'm very skeptical of Musk, he seems at best hit or miss on ventures.  I have yet to see a proper vetting on any of his tunnel schemes, all that I've seen appear to be far from compliant with basic safety standards.  (Not that I've done a thorough search lately, but still.)  So why would I assume the fanciful promises and cost estimates of hyperloop would be legit?

Space ventures seem to check out, and Teslas are sold (but like Land Rover, seem to repeatedly rank at the bottom of quality rankings.)  So maybe, but I wouldn't personally invest long term in his companies.

Last I've seen 25 out of 36 ventures of his turned a profit.  Pretty decent hit rate.

7 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Smart move if true. Dorsey probably made several million on the sale. Maybe now he can afford a razor. 

I think I saw that Dorsey stands to pocket $943 million on this deal.  It came from twitter so it may be totally untrue.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Shadow banning is a myth. Twitter and basically every social media site attempts to show you tweets or posts that they think matter to you. Obviously this isn't perfect and requires rules. If a tweet has a bad ratio or people are not engaging it, then you most likely won't see it. If you continually not engage with a certain user, it's also unlikely that you will see posts from them. 

I imagine that if someone receives a suspension from Twitter, then their future tweets would most likely be seen by less people. Which makes sense because the person in question broke the rules.

(and my post here is 100% non-political and belongs in DT)

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Shadow banning is a myth.

Tell that to all the people shadow banned - who are quite clear from feedback from friends/followers that the ONLY way they can get the feed to show up is to type in the exact profile name/address.  Users who also verify that they have received ZERO warnings or outreach from the site hiding their content.  There are whole sites/videos dedicated to tricks on how to tell if you are shadow/ghost banned.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

Tell that to all the people shadow banned - who are quite clear from feedback from friends/followers that the ONLY way they can get the feed to show up is to type in the exact profile name/address.  Users who also verify that they have received ZERO warnings or outreach from the site hiding their content.  There are whole sites/videos dedicated to tricks on how to tell if you are shadow/ghost banned.  

There are confessions out there from Twitter employees stating they have shadow banning. If they are real anyway.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

When someone tweets, not every follower sees their tweet. That's not a bug but a feature. And if a few of the people that see it, don't engage with it, then perhaps no one else sees it. It's how the platform works.

But go back to the tin foil wearing theories.

Again, tell it to Ari.  This is his moment of need and he NEEDS you Eddie!

Edited by Cajun

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?