Texas Baseball Recruiting Thread

Horny Bull

That Texas Senators team is loaded. That is the 3rd player from that ball club I think. My bil walked in my office today with a shit eating grin. He told me to pull up their twitter. Saw this commitment and he told me this kid was a badass. I trust him since he watches him at every tournament with his sons team. 🤘

• Hook 'Em 3

Pierce certainly seems to have a type with his middle infielders. Likes shortstops who are tall and lanky with power (Faltine and Flores), likes 2B who control the barrel well and are a little more twitchy (Daly, O’Dowd, Duplantier). Also love the fact that Guerra kid is a switch hitter.

Edited by Hookem2147

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2022 at 9:45 PM, Cairn Horn88 said:

Why all the commitments?

https://www.perfectgame.org/College/CollegeCommitments.aspx?college=1829

I wonder the same with commitments by several 15 year olds.    You could see one or two.    

Times have changed.   Everyone recruits early.   Above link tracks commitments by team if they are rated by Perfect Game.   Some of the above may not yet be rated. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Eh. Refusing to get excited about anyone 2024 & beyond. So much time for things to change those commitments don’t mean much.

Baseball recruiting may not be for you then. Most of these dudes are committed by their sophomore year in high school 

21 hours ago, Helobious said:

Eh. Refusing to get excited about anyone 2024 & beyond. So much time for things to change those commitments don’t mean much.

There's like 30 hispanics from RGV coming to Austin to play baseball and you aren't excited? SMFH

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/10/2022 at 3:16 PM, Bevo said:

There's like 30 hispanics from RGV coming to Austin to play baseball and you aren't excited? SMFH

I haven’t seen any commitments from the RGV (we had Viggo Lopez but I believe he decommited and will go to UTRGV), but it is cool for me to see a bunch of hispanic commitments. 

I have this dream fantasy that these players help UT win a title, get drafted by the Yankees, and eventually bring a title back to the Bronx. I had that hope for Mark Payton but he failed me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I haven’t seen any commitments from the RGV (we had Viggo Lopez but I believe he decommited and will go to UTRGV), but it is cool for me to see a bunch of hispanic commitments.

You can't spell UTRGV without UT so yeah we can still count him.