Texas (-8.5) vs K State- 8pm on ESPN2

shadow_operative

There are some frustrating players on this team, but nobody is worse than Shedrick. Dude just adds nothing.  Runs around flat footed, always out of position, taking terrible contested 12 foot shots, can't rebound, etc.  Whenever he comes in, I know that the other team is about to go on a run.  He is the definition of a stiff.

Hunter at least gives some effort now and again.  And shows some fire and occasional explosiveness.  

Just now, Jimmy Two Times said:

Cronin has a team with an average of 1 year of experience per player that's just won 8 of its last 10 games. I happen to watch every UCLA and Texas game and that team plays much better basketball with drastically worse talent. 

Congrats. Surly would still be apoplectic if our coach was in the same situation in year 5 of a tenure.

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

There are 20 other dudes just like Chris Johnson out there if he chooses to leave. I saw nothing in his limited minutes to make me think he should be playing more.

The harsh reality is current age college basketball and the portal is it devalues dudes like Johnson who appear to be projects.

Nothing about Hunter's game makes me think he should be playing more but yet here we are. 

4 minutes ago, HookEm said:

There are some frustrating players on this team, but nobody is worse than Shedrick. Dude just adds nothing.  Runs around flat footed, always out of position, taking terrible contested 12 foot shots, can't rebound, etc.  Whenever he comes in, I know that the other team is about to go on a run.  He is the definition of a stiff.

Hunter at least gives some effort now and again.  And shows some fire and occasional explosiveness.  

Shedrick is at least a scoring threat. Onyema can't even catch or dribble the basketball without potentially turning it over.

1 minute ago, MuellerHorn said:

Shedrick is at least a scoring threat. Onyema can't even catch or dribble the basketball without potentially turning it over.

Onyema never plays so I don't have to get frustrated at him.  Horton is also spectacularly frustrating to watch.

16 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

Congrats. Surly would still be apoplectic if our coach was in the same situation in year 5 of a tenure.

lol wut.

IMG_8919.thumb.jpeg.2524ad69b69fb9547aae4b881bb96e68.jpeg

ucla since he’s been there: 78 > 13 (final four) > 11 (sweet 16) > 3 (sweet 16). exactly 0 people here would be “apoplectic” if we had a down year with a young team after that kind of success.

• Hook 'Em 1