2024 Astros Foundation College Classic

HendersonHorns

3 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Fuxk competing 

we want to win the SEC. 
football, Volleyball Softball and maybe W.BBall are the only sports I feel that are ready not to just be happy to be there but to win it 

We'll be able to compete in every sport. Moreover, all of them will get better by being in the SEC. It's already starting to happen.

Just now, D3zii said:

That’s the attitude we had with football!!! That’s why we sucked for these last few years. Complacent and going off of the past

Texas Baseball is not Texas football. And we aren’t going off the past. We’ve been to Omaha half of DPs seasons. The SEC won’t be a problem.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Hondo said:

It pisses me off to no end too, but it's true.

If you actually know the game down to the smallest details, it's painfully obvious.

I knew we were in trouble after the 1st inning when I saw how we were trying to pitch them and how they were approaching their at-bats.  Those AB's had far less to do with LBJ and the hitter(s) than it did coaches' scouting/planning/coaching up.

On the flip side, the pitch calling for Holman was brilliant and he executed the plan very well.  We refused to let the ball run deep in the zone and go opposite field, so he continued to kill us with the breaking ball on the outer half.

In baseball, the smallest things matter.  They add up to hits/baserunners, and those add up to runs.  Or you can just ignore it and get dominated like we have tonight.

List all these coaches that are so much better than DP. Y’all do this dumb shit every year and then we play in Omaha 

next 3 games are gonna tell us something about this team. finally seeing some high level pitching.  If Witt comes around we will be OK on pitching but not sure about the hitting.  Lot of clueless looks at the plate.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

And that 2021 team still went to Arlington and got booty blasted and went to College Station and got shut out. Then in Omaha we got Bednar’d twice.

I'm not comparing results I'm comparing talent. The talent isn't the same and it's been evident watching these guys from the jump. Texas should be better than fucking up routine shit in the field, for starters. 

The talent needs to be better for Texas to get back to being a regular final four feature. I'm not sure how that's even debatable. You want to put money down that we're one of the last 4 standing this season? 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

And that 2021 team still went to Arlington and got booty blasted and went to College Station and got shut out. Then in Omaha we got Bednar’d twice.

We struggle against big time arms. I don’t think we are alone in that at the college level. How did top 10 Oregon State feel last week when Hagen Smith struck out 17 batters in 6 innings.

I'll never understand the game by game meltdown lol

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I'm not comparing results I'm comparing talent. The talent isn't the same and it's been evident watching these guys from the jump. Texas should be better than fucking up routine shit in the field, for starters. 

The talent needs to be better for Texas to get back to being a regular final four feature. I'm not sure how that's even debatable. You want to put money down that we're one of the last 4 standing this season? 

If you think this team isn’t extremely talented I don’t know what you’re watching or reading. Flores, JT, Gaspo, Borba, Dee, etc were all pretty big prospects and none are upper classmen

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

List all these coaches that are so much better than DP. Y’all do this dumb shit every year and then we play in Omaha 

Also - I'm not questioning DP as a coach. He's obviously a great coach. I just think we should be loaded a bit more than we are. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Also - I'm not questioning DP as a coach. He's obviously a great coach. I just think we should be loaded a bit more than we are. 

It’s just youth man. I agree we need stronger rosters, I just don’t think this is the year to complain about it. We were always going to be young this year and then we lost all our transfers. Not much to do about ti

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, D3zii said:

That’s the attitude we had with football!!! That’s why we sucked for these last few years. Complacent and going off of the past

Are you ok? Can you quit rubbing your pussy for this weekend? It’s a long season man, you’re blistering

3 minutes ago, Hondo said:

It pisses me off to no end too, but it's true.

If you actually know the game down to the smallest details, it's painfully obvious.

I knew we were in trouble after the 1st inning when I saw how we were trying to pitch them and how they were approaching their at-bats.  Those AB's had far less to do with LBJ and the hitter(s) than it did coaches' scouting/planning/coaching up.

On the flip side, the pitch calling for Holman was brilliant and he executed the plan very well.  We refused to let the ball run deep in the zone and go opposite field, so he continued to kill us with the breaking ball on the outer half.

In baseball, the smallest things matter.  They add up to hits/baserunners, and those add up to runs.  Or you can just ignore it and get dominated like we have tonight.

The small shit matters in every sport. I play tennis, the entry to tennis is wide and easy. It’s fucking hard to excel in tennis, really hard. Making good decisions at the plate is probably a lot like tennis shot selections. No time to think, instincts and training have to be lit. There are other analogies, doesn’t matter. If you know anything about a demanding sport you know. It doesn’t take much to see LSU is superior. Again, not having a chance when you’re Texas is maddening.

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

If you think this team isn’t extremely talented I don’t know what you’re watching or reading. Flores, JT, Gaspo, Borba, Dee, etc were all pretty big prospects 

Some are getting thrusted into action quicker because 2 of our best transfer aren’t playing this season. It sucks that they’re young but the talent is visible. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

It’s just youth man. I agree we need stronger rosters, I just don’t think this is the year to complain about it. We were always going to be young this year and then we lost all our transfers. Not much to do about ti

Fair enough. We'll see what happens. 

I definitely think these guys have more pop than they've shown tonight. 

I don't think anything that we didn't already know was learned tonight. LBJ was off, bullpen was solid given we needed 6 innings out of them, really only made one mistake. Jack and Porter looked like they have all year, had nothing to do with LSU. Gasparino, Belyeu, Borba looked like I would expect them to look facing a future 1st round collegiate arm. 

Just move on to the next one

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Levi said:

Some are getting thrusted into action quicker because 2 of our best transfer aren’t playing this season. It sucks that they’re young but the talent is visible. 

retooling season where we’ll still be competitive that should set us up nicely to lay our cocks on the SEC

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Those guys graduated and we have a team full of freshman and sophomores 

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

We have a senior and 5th yr senior in slumps with TRUE freshman behind them.

We lost 4 (?) transfer portals to injury in the fall and a dude that was GUARANTEED to start and play everyday fucking QUIT (!!??).

Growing pains boys and girls. 

We went 25 years from 50 -75 winning in Omaha. Then 83- 2002. 

Pierce can do some head scratching shit throughout the season but he has had us competitive pretty much every year that he has been here other than 18 (?). Too bad 20 got wiped out cuz that pitching staff had us 14-3 when the season was cancelled.  (Madden, Elder, Hansen all doing pretty good at the next level)

Edited by BillyGoatHill
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, BillyGoatHill said:

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

We have a senior and 5th yr senior in slumps with TRUE freshman behind them.

We lost 4 (?) transfer portals to injury in the fall and a dude that was GUARANTEED to start and play everyday fucking QUIT.

Growing pains boys and girls. 

We went 25 years form 50 -75 winning in Omaha. Then 83- 2002. 

Pierce can do some head scratching shit throughout the season but he has had us competitive pretty much every year that he has been here other than 18 (?). Too bad 20 got wiped out cuz that pitching staff had us 14-3 when the season was cancelled.  (Madden, Elder, Hansen all doing pretty good at the next level)

I would have bet many dollars on that 20 team winning the whole thing. That was one of the best rotations we’ve ever had

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Put it on the wall

Put the Clemens number back on the wall and just sharpie the 1 into a 0

Just now, dcar00 said:

maybe it is me but our guys have loooooong swings.  not quick to the ball.  can get away with that against medi okra pitching but not against good college pitching.

I dunno if medi okra was intentional but I’m using it from now on

3 minutes ago, B00M said:

retooling season where we’ll still be competitive that should set us up nicely to lay our cocks on the SEC

Plus NIL will be better with the transition to the sec. LSU’s NIL as a whole is average at best. Baseball got really lucky with one donor being the founder of Marucci. Without him they’re not getting Holman this year or #7 ring last year. 

36 minutes ago, Hondo said:

2 reasons:  We don't have the talent and we don't have the coaching.

I don't like admitting it, but LSU has a better program than we do, top-to-bottom.

There's a reason they got #7 before we did and did it in many fewer CWS appearances.

They may get #8 or #9 before we get #7.

their partnership with marucci is huge 

mlb players use those facilities in the offseason (non lsu players) 

25 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Well we need to roll out better rosters than this. We were fucking juiced in '21 and '22 - not sure what has happened since then but the talent level just isn't the same. '21 had like five guys that would easily be the best player on this team. 

Don’t forget every single transfer we got is not playing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

We’ve been an Omaha losers bracket level program for 8 years. Which is fine, better than it was the 8 years before that. Pierce has built flawed rosters and coached them up well. We see an elite arm 3-4 times a year and lose miserably. Win most of the others. 

The horribly recruiting over the past few years looks to be reversing course. Hitting big on this next class and giving them time to mature is how the program takes the next step. Until then, we’ll still be in the mix to host postseason baseball every year 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Levi said:

Plus NIL will be better with the transition to the sec. LSU’s NIL as a whole is average at best. Baseball got really lucky with one donor being the founder of Marucci. Without him they’re not getting Holman this year or #7 ring last year. 

^^^EXACTLY. 

They backed up the full of money dump truck for those two(Skenes and White, probably Holman now too).

Want better players? TOF is waiting for your donation, ANNNNND, you can designate your money GOES TO the BASEBALL PROGRAM.

Edited by BillyGoatHill
  • Hook 'Em 1