DeShon Elliott has a message for Tom Herman

Bruh Man

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

The relevant portion, for anyone who doesn't want to give the AAS additional clicks:

Based on a series of now-deleted tweets, former Texas safety DeShon Elliott believes the current UT coaching staff is “bad mouthing” him behind closed doors. The genesis of Elliott’s rancor stems from a party on July 4.

Elliott held an Independence Day pool party in Austin, and multiple current Longhorns players attended. Some members of the coaching staff later found out about the party and warned players not to associate with Elliott, a source familiar with Elliott’s thinking told the American-Statesman.

8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

A nice response to DeShon's why so serious tweet would be why such a bitch?

Why so serious?  

Is that portraying his tweet as “I was kidding” or “it was a modest constructive criticism”.  

Think before you post dumbass

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Wrong. 

50f8848a74aefe8d7dbbc43d042e5836f7baada0

Mack Brown would have won at least 7 games every year that Strong was here.  Strong was a downgrade over FUPM in every conceivable way, we had a former player go on reddit and talk about how Strong never practiced special teams and told the kickers to go to random field and stay out of the way. Strong lost at least 3 games every year he was here. based off of sloppy special teams and kicking

• Fuck You 2

good lord some of you are only capable of viewing this situation through your own selfish recruiting prism. deshon was just in town buying dinner for the dbs. he still cares about UT. maybe just maybe herman is in the wrong here. i know that's difficult to swallow for us fans but let's step back and look at him getting a cosign from conner, the foreman's, jane slater, herman's history with player relationships. 
Cosign from Conner doesn't mean much, (he probably wasnt thinking) and Jane doesn't know wtf is going on more than any of us..

12 minutes ago, Gigglebush said:

Mack Brown would have won at least 7 games every year that Strong was here.  Strong was a downgrade over FUPM in every conceivable way, we had a former player go on reddit and talk about how Strong never practiced special teams and told the kickers to go to random field and stay out of the way. Strong lost at least 3 games every year he was here. based off of sloppy special teams and kicking

Is this the space where I can come to audit Strong's legacy vs late-era Mack's? I'm not certain we've completely dismembered that dead horse yet. 

3 hours ago, dad said:

Agreed on all counts in your statement. But a lot of people here are acting like it's out of the realm of possibilities that Herman would ever have done such a thing. Put yourself in his shoes though. The guy who was supposed to have your back attempted to backstab you and might have cost you some money on something you've worked for your whole life. Then you have to sit there and watch the whole world treat him like a god that can do no wrong when you know that he's really a selfish bastard who would go so far as to try to sabatoge you to scouts just because he felt slighted by you leaving early. He wants the whole world to know who Tom really is. Calling Tom and just talking it out with him won't reveal that to the whole world. I'm not saying he was right in what he did I'm just trying to explain his possible thought process. 

quid pro quo.  he's worked his whole life to get the moneys.  tom did/attempted to backstab/tellthetruth at least weeks ago possibly months ago.

ravens camp is about open.  why does he want to let the whole world know who Tom really is _at the very most crucial juncture of his entire life_ when it comes to getting the moneys?  he is a blown knee or 10 bad plays away from no moneys at all.  forget cruitin.  choosing to do this now, with his camp opening, and his life(line) on the line, is just colossally stupid.  for him alone, regardless of how it effects tom or the program.

his thought process is either:

1. ferengi (no rascist)

2. influenced (chip?)

so, one of these other media hounds needs to step up.  our very own supermodel Jane Slater.... how about it Jane.

if you feel so strongly about it, tell us what tom said.  or if not tom, who said what, and what did they say?

3 hours ago, dad said:

My assumption is that he bad mouthed the players to scouts given Slater's comment. Key word = assumption which is what we're all doing here.

My assumption is Tom told the scouts the truth about the business decision the staff made with respect to:

1. What they said to the rest of the team about the players that chose to stand down.

2. What advice they gave about the economic probabilities of leaving early for the draft.

Is DeShon just now realizing he is not going to be lifetime-rich because he banked his future on 12 cans of film?

If so, then I can totally understand the timing.

But for any other reason, my assumption is that the timing is vindictive and malicious.

Elliott held an Independence Day pool party in Austin, and multiple current Longhorns players attended. Some members of the coaching staff later found out about the party and warned players not to associate with Elliott, a source familiar with Elliott’s thinking told the American-Statesman.

Did Cedric Benson bring the tv?

Just now, I Plead Da Fif said:

FOH DeShon

Nope, Just the facts. Herman hasn’t shown any signs that he’s better than Charlie was. And unless that defense some how improves after losing its best players including DeShon and the offensive line magically goes from mediocre to decent this team will be average at best.

• Fuck You 19

1 minute ago, Trent Whaley said:

Nope, Just the facts. Herman hasn’t shown any signs that he’s better than Charlie was. And unless that defense some how improves after losing its best players including DeShon and the offensive line magically goes from mediocre to decent this team will be average at best.

thanks for the laugh

8 minutes ago, Trent Whaley said:

Herman needs to be on the same plan as Charlie  I don’t see this team being any better than last year. 

If that’s the case, I’ll gladly take your football tickets this season.  I mean we’ve got enough pussy in the stands as it is at DKR, so your absence won’t be a tragic.

Well aside from actually having a winning record, something Charlie didn't have.

We see right through you, Hailee. Bugger off. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

And a bowl win. 

Wow, so this is what it’s come to for Texas.  Celebrating a mediocre season and a mediocre bowl win. Herman, who is supposed to be an offensive coach didn’t show anything that said that he knew what the hell he was doing on that side of the ball. 

Edited by Trent Whaley
  • Fuck You 11

1 minute ago, Trent Whaley said:

Wow, so this is what it’s come to. Celebrating a mediocre season and a mediocre bowl win. Herman, who is supposed to be an offensive coach didn’t show anything that said that he knew what the hell he was doing on that side of the ball. 

Nope, it's not good enough. But it's certainly not enough to write him off after one season like you seem to be doing.

Wow, so this is what it’s come to for Texas.  Celebrating a mediocre season and a mediocre bowl win. Herman, who is supposed to be an offensive coach didn’t show anything that said that he knew what the hell he was doing on that side of the ball. 

It was year 1 you fucking twat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Trent Whaley said:

Dumbest comment of the day including DeShons tweets.

21 minutes ago, Trent Whaley said:

Pointing out facts is celebrating? And yeah it was year 1. But I get it, we should've gone undefeated in year 1. If he doesn't win the playoff this year, we should fire him. 

Edited by mdmost

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Nope, it's not good enough. But it's certainly not enough to write him off after one season like you seem to be doing.

I’m just making sure you all are consistent because there was/ is people that were calling for Charlie’s job and Shaka Smart’s job after two seasons. So when the football team is mediocre again this year I expect the same. 

• Fuck You 7

5 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

good lord some of you are only capable of viewing this situation through your own selfish recruiting prism. deshon was just in town buying dinner for the dbs. he still cares about UT. maybe just maybe herman is in the wrong here. i know that's difficult to swallow for us fans but let's step back and look at him getting a cosign from conner, the foreman's, jane slater, herman's history with player relationships. 

Please tell us more about Connor, the Foreman's and Jane Slater's opinions and how they're relevant.

picnic_table_bear.jpg

17 minutes ago, Trent Whaley said:

Wow, so this is what it’s come to for Texas.  Celebrating a mediocre season and a mediocre bowl win.

No, you stupid fuck.  You said "Herman hasn’t shown any signs that he’s better than Charlie was."  A winning season and bowl win are signs that he's better than Charlie.  If this is an indication of the quality of your future posts, I look forward to your crowdsourcing.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Trent Whaley said:

I’m just making sure you all are consistent because there was/ is people that were calling for Charlie’s job and Shaka Smart’s job after two seasons. So when the football team is mediocre again this year I expect the same. 

Hey, seriously, thanks for being here to keep us consistent! 

10 minutes ago, Trent Whaley said:

We will be 100% consistent, I guarantee it. If Tom Herman leads us to his second straight losing season this year then every single surly poster will publicly call for his firing.