Fuck you Wendy's

Back in the day Wendy's and their "double the meat" deals were a late-night favorite.  I remember coming off floating the river with a group of friends and doubling a double.  Four patties.  Slammed hard.  Bunch of the other drunks doubled a triple.  I know of at least one that later puked it all up.  

These days if I want a burger and are willing to wait an hour just to have them fuck up my order, I'll hit Wata-wait.  If not, Braums isn't bad and Hat Creek is the shit.  

31 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

I remember coming off floating the river with a group of friends and doubling a double.  Four patties.  Slammed hard. 

Yeah, but everything slams after an extended outdoors trip. I remember eating at Storms in Lampasas after a few days of hiking and I could have sworn it was the best burger on the whole planet that day.

• Hook 'Em 3

33 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Yeah, but everything slams after an extended outdoors trip.

Shit, after freezing our asses off in our house with no-power in 2021, when we got juice back, we went to Taco Cabana, which had a limited menu.  We literally just ordered "a big bag of whatever you've got."  Regular tacos, bean and cheese tacos, salsa and chips.  Sat down in our warm house, with our warm food....and agreed it was perhaps one of the top 2-3 dinners of our entire lives. 

I've had a warm can of Campbell's chunky whatever soup after freezing in a duck blind, and it was life-changing.  Context matters like a mofo.

• Drool 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Pro tip: Next time order an actual burger and not the little burger

Take your Pro Tip, and shove it up your azz.

I never order "the little burger" anywhere.

Edited by sith_horn
  • Like 1

Of course I fucked it up, I was in high school and much more interested in my coworker Kathy Allen, who was smokin' hot and kinda dim to boot.  Perfect.

This is an underappreciated post. Those who worked fast food in a joint with hot chicks at the counter likely had all kinds of hot monkey sex. In high school I learned everything sex in my stints at McDonalds and Zantigo.

Late nights closing led to mayhem. Manager buys beer. It’s 2am and you’re 16 and you can get lucky with that 20 yr old mom who wants a little fun before going home. Or have a quick make out session in the walkin with the hot chick that goes to Catholic school. Or get a quickie in the basement. There were some benefits to go with $2.05 an hour.
  • Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, Texzilla588 said:

This is an underappreciated post. Those who worked fast food in a joint with hot chicks at the counter likely had all kinds of hot monkey sex. In high school I learned everything sex in my stints at McDonalds and Zantigo.

Late nights closing led to mayhem. Manager buys beer. It’s 2am and you’re 16 and you can get lucky with that 20 yr old mom who wants a little fun before going home. Or have a quick make out session in the walkin with the hot chick that goes to Catholic school. Or get a quickie in the basement. There were some benefits to go with $2.05 an hour.

As a teen, working in any restaurant was like a cheat code to learning about the sex, for sure.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, RPM said:

The backlash must have been massive. Wendy's is now offering $1 single and $2 doubles (in the app).

they do this deal every year around this time.  this year it's been going on for two weeks already.  they had it before the surge announcement.

23 hours ago, rage-a-holic said:

Fuck that overpriced shithole

image.thumb.png.c45fc22d20960628594c6eef1292fd5d.png

i don't understand why people go to five guys.  their burgers are bad, their fries are worse, the interiors feel dirty, and it's so overpriced.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

Dad?

14 hours ago, RPM said:

The backlash must have been massive. Wendy's is now offering $1 single and $2 doubles (in the app).

They've done this for march madness the last couple of years

6 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

i don't understand why people go to five guys.  their burgers are bad, their fries are worse, the interiors feel dirty, and it's so overpriced.

But you know you won't be around any peanut allergy kids, or their parents.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 3/8/2024 at 9:10 PM, RDCanecutter said:

But you know you won't be around any peanut allergy kids, or their parents.

that's what i love about texas roadhouse.  no weak genes* allowed. 

*my kids and i are all allergic to grass

• Drool 1