Texas @ Texas Tech Series Thread

Horny Bull

I can see why Pierce wanted to use Boehm as late as possible. He was going use every bit of Gage that he could. Excellent performance by Boehm and the offense today. That string of good AB’s we had down by 2 was the turning point imo. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Always nice to win.  Boehm sees an opportunity to get his foot in the starting role door.  I believe the more time he gets on the bump in game play the better he'll be.  Team showed some fight today.  Very nice. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Easton Tumis will be an interesting case study for our pitching development. He is probably the most talented home grown pitcher we’ve recruited in several years (low bar, I know).

He should be a weekend or midweek starter in the next year or two if he stays on the trend he’s on. If that doesn’t happen, yikes.

Edited by Hookem2147

16 minutes ago, txhorns said:

Hope you took a screenshot because he took it down.

It was just one Tech fan whining about the Kash collision, then another Tech fan seriously saying:

Can the NCAA give UT some form of punishment over this? — Spencer Carruth (@s_carruthtx) March 10, 2024

I swear, every game we have against them, it seems like there are a bunch of Tech fans on Twitter who seemingly have never watched the sport before.

• Hook 'Em 1

Gavin Kash is now 1-5 against Texas. A huge deal was made about his start to the season last year when we pummeled Western Illinois and Gonzaga pitching. He ended up with a .286 average in Big 12 play and Jared Thomas outproduced him in numerous categories as a freshman. Good player, but punishes bad competition and doesn’t look as dominant against decent to good arms.

The way he carried himself supposedly rubbed a lot of the people the wrong way his freshman year and was part of the reason the staff wasn’t super sad to see him leave. He didn’t want to be at Texas. 

Edited by Hookem2147

32 minutes ago, txhorns said:

Hope you took a screenshot because he took it down.

16 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

It was just one Tech fan whining about the Kash collision, then another Tech fan seriously saying:

Can the NCAA give UT some form of punishment over this? — Spencer Carruth (@s_carruthtx) March 10, 2024

I swear, every game we have against them, it seems like there are a bunch of Tech fans on Twitter who seemingly have never watched the sport before.

Cuz he was getting annihilated in the comments section...including from myself.😂

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Gavin Kash is now 1-5 against Texas. A huge deal was made about his start to the season last year when we pummeled Western Illinois and Gonzaga pitching. He ended up with a .286 average in Big 12 play and Jared Thomas outproduced him in numerous categories as a freshman. Good player, but punishes bad competition and doesn’t look as dominant against decent to good arms.

The way he carried himself supposedly rubbed a lot of the people the wrong way his freshman year and was part of the reason the staff wasn’t super sad to see him leave. He didn’t want to be at Texas

Well when you're on the depth chart BEHIND the eventual Golden Spikes and Dick Howser Award WINNER and YOU ARE COMPLAINING about playing time, yeah, I could see where that might rub people the wrong way. 

That year, when he did get some at bats, it was less than stellar. He had the upper hand for being the replacement at 1st and chose to go elsewhere due to having to earn the spot. 

"...not entrusted to the weak and timid...?" fits for some that choose to transfer out.

Edited by BillyGoatHill
  • Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, Horny Bull said:

The fact that the national highlights for the final scheduled game against Tech will forever be accompanied by disappointed Texas Tech announcers is just *chef's kiss*

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

That freshman was jumping around like a chimp after he hit that home run.

The differences between UT players and just about everyone else we play when it comes to HR celebrations is the definition of acting like you've been there before. Little brother syndrome reigns supreme in shitholes like Lubbock. 

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

The differences between UT players and just about everyone else we play when it comes to HR celebrations is the definition of acting like you've been there before. Little brother syndrome reigns supreme in shitholes like Lubbock. 

The one major exception I remember was the big guy from Miami last year, who hit an absolute bomb, then just trotted around the bases like he'd done it 30 times before (which he had). Now compare that to their SS who homered in the 2nd inning....

6 hours ago, zlavydra said:

The one major exception I remember was the big guy from Miami last year, who hit an absolute bomb, then just trotted around the bases like he'd done it 30 times before (which he had). Now compare that to their SS who homered in the 2nd inning....

And don't forget the bat flip after the leadoff walk. 

It was at that moment I knew that Miami didn't believe they were better than Texas.