Texas (-5.5) vs OU- 1pm on ESPN

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Shaka Smart's non-Texas success confuses me.

I don't think his tenure at Marquette has been much different. He's only won 1 game in the NCAA tournament in 3 seasons with some good teams. 

Maybe that changes this year but doubtful if Kolek is injured. 

Also, I think our seed is much higher than some bracketologists currently have us. 

Our resume based on historical precedent averages a 6.3 seed (per T-Rank). If we win a game in the Big 12 tournament, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a 6 seed. That's almost a guarantee if we win 2. 

12 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

acting like “we’re just a couple of points away” from being some badass team is just so disingenuous and pollyanna.

I never said we are a great team, but we are close to being one. The distance between being a great team and a good team is often very slim.  If we had won those games, we might be a great team.  But we didn't.  We are who we are, and we deserve the results that we got.

You love to use KenPom to dissect and shit on this team, but KenPom has us at 25, which is a lot closer to 15 than it is to 50.  Teams in the 40-50 range don't have a resume like this team.  If they did, they would be ranked 25 like us and not 50.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

are you? i barely even speak about RT around here. you wanna go compare my posts about shaka during his time here to my posts about RT and get back to me?  buncha hypersensitive sunshine pumpers in here on the warpath. it’s funny watching you guys bend over backwards to get so upset over nothing.

Confused Little Girl GIF

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Also, I think our seed is much higher than some bracketologists currently have us. 

Our resume based on historical precedent averages a 6.3 seed (per T-Rank). If we win a game in the Big 12 tournament, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a 6 seed. That's almost a guarantee if we win 2. 

god i would love a 6 seed. you might be right- with a win in the league tourney we might have done enough down the stretch to move up that high. throttling tech on the road was a big time result.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Confused Little Girl GIF

lol exactly. you went to find all of this nonstop shit talk that i supposedly make about RT, couldn’t find me shitting on him at all, and came back with this. maybe take that lap you were talking about. go get some shots up, enjoy this nice day, stop raging over nonexistent machinations of your own imagination.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Underdog said:

Enjoy the win, ladies...  Goddamn. 

Oh I did enjoy it. I just want to remind everyone that when I said I was keeping receipts I wasn't just talking. 

Taking Notes Ryan The Office GIF by MOODMAN

Just now, shadow_operative said:

you went to find all of this nonstop shit talk that i supposedly make about RT, couldn’t find me shitting on him at all,

Why would I even bother looking that shit up. We've all been subject to it all season. Maybe review your own post history. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Why would I even bother looking that shit up. We've all been subject to it all season. Maybe review your own post history. 

no, no you haven’t. you’re talking out of your ass right now. your assertion that i’m “shitting on terry every chance i get” is 100% irrefutably false. it’s a lie. mr. “i’m keeping receipts” all of a sudden has no receipts to back up his claims about my “shitting on rodney terry every chance i get.” you’re all talk bro. and you’re talking out of your ass.

Edited by shadow_operative

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

derka is about to have a schizo break. He needs to log off the computer.

lol, i love it when the unhinged posters who are currently raging over my benign posts pop in to post about i’m about to “have a schizo break.” have a look in the mirror friend.

Derka labels anyone who ever says anything positive about Terry, as a "Terry apologist" or a "sunshine pumper". 

He also constantly posts that Terry isn't good enough for the program (even in this very thread within the last hour).  In a thread talking about an ass whipping of our arch rival. 

We don't need to go back and find hundreds of posts.  Just scroll up.

• Hook 'Em 4

I'm far from sold on Terry but his adjustments after the 1-3 start are why we finished 9-9. 

Moving Hunter off ball, limiting Horton's minutes, and completely eliminating Oneyma's minutes were key adjustments that made us a better team. I'm not sold on RT but the haters should also recognize that RT made some pretty good decisions this year. 

• Hook 'Em 9

22 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Oh I did enjoy it. I just want to remind everyone that when I said I was keeping receipts I wasn't just talking. 

Taking Notes Ryan The Office GIF by MOODMAN

internet badass.  nice set shot though.  props there.

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Porter Moser showing that graphic of the Kansas game where Disu and Abmas had 0 points with us down 20 didn't work out for him. His gameplan was obviously to take away 1 of of those guys but you can't just leave other guys wide open the entire game. 

It's actually the right coaching move against us.  a lot of times you can leave those other guys wide open.  Hunter happened to shove it up his ass today.  

They didn't have good enough perimeter D and Hunter was able to break them down much of the game which he hasn't been able to do as much against the better teams in the league.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

It's actually the right coaching move against us.  a lot of times you can leave those other guys wide open.  Hunter happened to shove it up his ass today.  

They didn't have good enough perimeter D and Hunter was able to break them down much of the game which he hasn't been able to do as much against the better teams in the league.

I think it's a smart gameplan but OU over did it today. Hedging Abmas all the way out to half court with 2 guys is doing too much to stop 1 guy. 

34 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

the number of big 12 teams could be an issue but going 3-1 the last 4 when most thought 2-2 and potentially 1-3. One win probably pushes us to a 7. 

It is possible though.

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

the number of big 12 teams could be an issue but going 3-1 the last 4 when most thought 2-2 and potentially 1-3. One win probably pushes us to a 7. 

It is possible though.

I’ll take a 7 right fucking now 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

internet badass.  nice set shot though.  props there.

6 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

No, you were typing, anonymously, on the internet.  
spacer.png

Um. Okay. I'm a Texas basketball fan that thinks that the HC has gotten way more shit than he deserves since he took over. 

Not trying to act like a badass - just defending a guy that I think is doing a good job. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Hunter was aggressive and was driving before the half court defense could get set. We wasn't giving OU and opportunity to set up in the half court, then once he had this confidence he burried the three 3's to ice the game away. When he's aggressive early in the shot-clock he can be this type of difference maker. I think he's going to put up some big tournament games when other teams don't have the athletes to defend him.

Edited by HtownHorn

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Hunter was agressive and was driving before the half court defense could get set. We wasn't giving OU and opportunity to set up in the half court, then once he had this confidence he burried the three 3's to ice the game away. When he's aggressive early in the shot-clock he can be this type of difference maker. I think he's going to put up some big tournament games when other teams don't have the athletes to defend him.

that would be nice.  Mitchell can be deadly if guards get penetration.

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Um. Okay. I'm a Texas basketball fan that thinks that the HC has gotten way more shit than he deserves since he took over. 

Not trying to act like a badass - just defending a guy that I think is doing a good job. 

this is funny.  that's half of your schtick.  which is fine, everyone needs one.  receipts and all...

Congrats to the team for putting the Baylor game behind it and sweeping the Sooners.

Gotta be honest, after the 1-3 start to conference play, I felt 8-10 was this team's ceiling. But adjustments were made, intensity was raised, and fuck OU.

As for a 6 seed, I feel like we'd have to reach the league tournament final to have a chance at that. Here's hoping I'm being pessimistic!

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Hunter's big issue is just lack of aggression. 

We are 4-7 in Big 12 games when Hunter has less than 10 FG attempts. We are 5-2 when he has 10+ FG attempts. He just needs to keep shooting. 

which games were the 5-2?

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Hunter's big issue is just lack of aggression. 

We are 4-7 in Big 12 games when Hunter has less than 10 FG attempts. We are 5-2 when he has 10+ FG attempts. He just needs to keep shooting. 

he needs to get to the rim. i remember when time was running down against baylor the other day he attacked the rim and i was just dumbfounded as to why he waited until 15 seconds to go in the game to do that. he’s such a good athlete, he should be getting to the rim and the line constantly. it’s by far what frustrates me the most about him.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

he needs to get to the rim. i remember when time was running down against baylor the other day he attacked the rim and i was just dumbfounded as to why he waited until 15 seconds to go in the game to do that. he’s such a good athlete, he should be getting to the rim and the line constantly. it’s by far what frustrates me the most about him.

This is especially true with the way teams are defending Abmas. 

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

OU

@ Baylor (which I think we win if Disu was healthy)

Oklahoma State

KSU

WVU

Baylor

Texas Tech 

It is probably more of a function of those particular teams and 2 of the better ones we lost.  just too many other variables to say his FG attempts are a big difference in what the record was. I agree though that he needs to be aggressive and get to the rim because he is the only one on the team that really can.  if his shot is falling even better.

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

It is probably more of a function of those particular teams and 2 of the better ones we lost.  just too many other variables to say his FG attempts are a big difference in what the record was. I agree though that he needs to be aggressive and get to the rim because he is the only one on the team that really can.  if his shot is falling even better.

I think with Hunter it's a mindset thing. When he plays aggressively on the offensive end it also translates to the defensive end. 

Where we really need Hunter is on the defensive end to offset the defensive liabilities of Abmas/Horton. At times, Hunter can be a very good on-ball defender. Today his defense was as good as his offense but that gets back to the mindset point. When he's only taking 5 or 6 shots a game he doesn't look nearly as engaged defensively. 

6 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Today locks a 8 in for sure. 1 big 12 win probably keeps us at a 8, 2 wins I think moves us to 7. Win the big 12 tourney and we’re a 6. 

Tourney win and we should be a 7, two wins we could be a 6, win it all maybe higher.

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I'm far from sold on Terry but his adjustments after the 1-3 start are why we finished 9-9. 

Moving Hunter off ball, limiting Horton's minutes, and completely eliminating Oneyma's minutes were key adjustments that made us a better team. I'm not sold on RT but the haters should also recognize that RT made some pretty good decisions this year. 

Yes. I’m not a Terry fan but he definitely has done some things to improve their play later in the year. Also, last year he let that team loose in the tournament, which I also thought was a very good coaching move. So he’s got some skills and has finished this regular season better than I thought he would given how it started. Have to give him some credit for that. 

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

this is funny.  that's half of your schtick.  which is fine, everyone needs one.  receipts and all...

I don't have a shtick. I just post here. Sometimes I'm wrong sometimes I'm right. 

When it comes to basketball I typically know what the fuck I'm talking about. 

14 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

Shaka's boys are also in a good one that could end up with a triggering result...

They won but barely beat a 15-16 team. 

If they don't get Kolek back for the NCAA tournament they will be an upset pick in the first round. 

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Today locks a 8 in for sure. 1 big 12 win probably keeps us at a 8, 2 wins I think moves us to 7. Win the big 12 tourney and we’re a 6. 

2 wins will definitely get us a 6 or higher. 

That would be 2 more Q1 wins and we would almost certainly be top 20 in NET. 

• Hook 'Em 1