2024 MLB Season Thread - Catch All

tx 3 putt

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

White sox blow but come on

Same way I've always felt about kick catch interference in football...if the guy caught the ball he must not have been interfered with bad enough that you need to call it

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

Not MLB, but this is cool. if still alive I will be going to Houston for sure.

Tokyo, San Juan, Houston and Miami announced as World Baseball Classic 2026 hosts

https://www.mlb.com/world-baseball-classic/news/world-baseball-classic-2026-host-sites-announced

I should be living in a place close enough, God willing, to see some of the games in Tokyo. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

After climbing out of a 6-2 hole in the eighth, the Giants joined the 1932 St. Louis Cardinals as the only major league teams since 1900 to win three consecutive road games in which they trailed by at least four runs. 

Just two other clubs have accomplished the feat at home: the 1999 Florida Marlins (against San Francisco) and the 1961 Boston Red Sox. The Marlins and Giants are the only teams to come back and win all three when trailing by four runs in the sixth inning or later. 

Sick fucking pick by Wade to end it. 

@TornACL

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

Posted (edited)

The CF barely had enough snap to start for home in time.  I thought he was going to follow the runner all the way around.

image.png.d073858f997faed5b590abb34f00d5dc.png

Edited by WBT

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Jesus, that looked like a T-ball game where the first thing you coach is EVERYONE SHOULD NOT CHASE THE BALL!

That catcher has to be the stupidest kid in school.

• Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

I am utterly shocked that @Helobious isn't loudly pimping Luis Gil for AL Rookie of the Year.

I can remember when he got called up in 2021. I had no idea he was still rookie eligible. He’s on pace for a cy going with how he’s going

• Drool 1

4 hours ago, Helobious said:

I can remember when he got called up in 2021. I had no idea he was still rookie eligible. He’s on pace for a cy going with how he’s going

If I were a bettor, I'd be throwing an absurd amount of money on these odds:

image.png.1dd4d259621d58ccc502540d89e58964.png

Posted (edited)

Padres just took a 2-1 lead over the Yankees  at Petco. Runners on 1st and 3rd and Kim bunts foul on a  safety squeeze.  Next pitch, it's still on and he gets one down.  Rizzo tries to bear hand to throw home and drops it - everyone's safe. 

Edited by WBT

32 minutes ago, definitely not derka said:

“i don’t really have many skills other than playing baseball. well, and that’s fucking sketchy as well, so we’ll see.”

Heard a good stat on him when the Astros played the Twins.  If he hits some AB threshold that he's closing in on, he'll have the lowest BA ever (currently at .194) with that many ABs.  Looking at his stats, he's at 2747 now, so maybe it was 3000.  The current record holder was Maldonado who is at .204 in 3395 ABs.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, WBT said:

Padres just took a 2-1 lead over the Yankees  at Petco. Runners on 1st and 3rd and Kim bunts foul on a  safety squeeze.  Next pitch, it's still on and he gets one down.  Rizzo tries to bear hand to throw home and drops it - everyone's safe. 

*bare

Christ

13 minutes ago, WBT said:

Heard a good stat on him when the Astros played the Twins.  If he hits some AB threshold that he's closing in on, he'll have the lowest BA ever (currently at .194) with that many ABs.  Looking at his stats, he's at 2747 now, so maybe it was 3000.  The current record holder was Maldonado who is at .204 in 3395 ABs.

actually it may have been 1000 games played was the threshold

Edited by WBT
  • Drool 1