2024 MLB Season Thread - Catch All

tx 3 putt

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Guardians walk-off Yanks in 10. Gleyber needed to make that play. 

Full on meltdown by the Yankees to end that game, starting with Kevin Smith (who?)being a fuck shit to end the top of the 10th. Guardians did literally nothing to earn that win. 

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

Full on meltdown by the Yankees to end that game, starting with Kevin Smith (who?)being a fuck shit to end the top of the 10th. Guardians did literally nothing to earn that win. 

except score more runs

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Love McCutchen. This is how you do it.

One night in Three Rivers we were walking out of the players exit. Tony Pena was my moms best friend in the DR. Not in the way you asses will think.  I grew up in his house. Anyways, walking out a kid comes up about my age. I was 9. Tony was in a bad mood. Kid wanted a ball signed and he said no. Mom ripped into him like a good Boston Irish woman, told him that ball, that takes you 30 seconds to sign, will mean a life long fan. He turns around, walks back into the club house and came out with a broken down used mizuno glove of his. Gave it to the kid. Pena was one of the most humble players I grew up around. After that he never said no to a kid. Adult asses? Yep.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Helobious said:

That was a pretty low speed collision. Can’t see how you’d get seriously hurt from that unless O’Neill fucked up his nose 

Tell me you have never been hit without telling me. Damn man. You are one of those who laugh when players get hurt.

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

Tell me you have never been hit without telling me. Damn man. You are one of those who laugh when players get hurt.

Who’s laughing? I know it was painful for sure but unless someone took a shot to the face that wasn’t a uniquely violent collision. I had almost a similar collision on a shallow fly playing shortstop in pony league once. Definitely painful.

*On a 4th viewing, it looks like O’Neill’s face might have hit the back of Devers head.

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Who’s laughing? I know it was painful for sure but unless someone took a shot to the face that wasn’t a uniquely violent collision. I had almost a similar collision on a shallow fly playing shortstop in pony league once. Definitely painful.

*On a 4th viewing, it looks like O’Neill’s face might have hit the back of Devers head.

Read your post.

Pony League vs. MLB... OK. Please keep us up to date with your hot takes.

A hit like that breaks bones or causes concussions.

Posted (edited)

Anyone filled out one of the mlb.com popup surveys lately?  I just did one and thought some of the stuff was interesting.

• There were two questions about whether you liked players miced up on the field or interviewed on the field during games.  Fuck no.
  • There were a couple of questions about developing stats for player batspeed and how you would like to see that reported (max vs avg and all swings vs only on contact).  My thought was I'd rather just see max speeds.  I don't want really care how much swings slow down when guys are checking their swing, fooled out in front, etc.
  • It asks if you were worried about covid and thought it would be safe to attend mlb games in 2024.  lol, wtf?
Edited by WBT

13 hours ago, WBT said:

Anyone filled out one of the mlb.com popup surveys lately?  I just did one and thought some of the stuff was interesting.

• There were two questions about whether you liked players miced up on the field or interviewed on the field during games.  Fuck no.
  • There were a couple of questions about developing stats for player batspeed and how you would like to see that reported (max vs avg and all swings vs only on contact).  My thought was I'd rather just see max speeds.  I don't want really care how much swings slow down when guys are checking their swing, fooled out in front, etc.
  • It asks if you were worried about covid and thought it would be safe to attend mlb games in 2024.  lol, wtf?

I usually use pop-up blockers but will deactivate to hopefully get this.

On field mic'ed players is the stupidest shit. Followed closely by dugout interviews. 

19 hours ago, Helobious said:

Tyler O'Neill charged in to make the catch. Rafael Devers drifted back and did grab the popup for the final out of the top of the seventh inning in Boston’s eventual 6-0 loss to the Guardians.

The back of Devers’ head rammed into O’Neill’s forehead, and both players stayed on the ground for a bit to gather themselves.

O’Neill, who was bloodied, got the worst of it, exiting the game and getting eight stitches. He was in concussion protocol when the game ended, leaving his status in the upcoming days up in the air.

https://www.mlb.com/redsox/news/rafael-devers-tyler-o-neill-collision