immamac has permabanmed me against bob’s wishes. read this thread before it disappears.

12 minutes ago, immamac said:

is he? I don't think the posting style is the same. Again, just because you think someone is stupid or they have fucking idiot opinions doesn't mean that's ban worthy. Some of you don't understand how any of this works, it's not selective. 

Are you doing bits? 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, F250 said:

It was shortly after he posted in the Ukraine thread. You said "their" hands are tied which implies the mods. Besides Imma gets involved in the CR banning. DonkeyCigars iterations have been targeted too by him.

I really don't see the issue with DonkeyCigars, people just don't like his political views. He isn't the same as GRUHorn.

Personally, I don't believe in ignoring or banning posters. It's not hard to just skip a post, takes a fraction of a second to scroll past something.

Can you link me to the last post? I couldn’t find it and looked at the last 3 pages. 

BeardIP says you are full of shit. The other iterations had thousands of posts. Trolls and disingenuous posters or posters flat out sharing lies or disinformation are not political views. 

trolls and shitposters derail threads for multiple pages. I can easily ignore a single post. But multiple pages and completely going off the rails cannot. 

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

banned.

Ok, this is actually funny. Posrep.

2 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

Are you doing bits? 

I just cross referenced every IP he's ever posted from vs the animal tobacco accounts and there is 0 hits. So they are going to great lengths which they never went through before or they are just 2 different people. Animaltobacco never even tried to hide his registrations, I'm not sure why all of you are convinced of this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, troph said:

Not mad - though I do think you’re suspect - I just think bullying is wrong and don’t care why it happens.

I always catch a lot of grief from friends. Probably because I dish a lot of it out. We’re 40-50, and I get my balls busted as hard now as I did in college and it’s never stopped. Most of the time I simply do not care. 

If I cared more and was vulnerable to insults, that is where it’d cross the “bullying” line. I’m very much like Derka in that I am perceived to initiate a lot of the shit amongst our group. Point being, I can see why he feels bullied and I can see why people feel comfortable going at him without considering they’re even bullying in the first place. 

It’s clear that at times he cannot handle this place and he’s in one of those times; I just reread a post form Page 1 where he clearly outlined suicidal thoughts. I’m sorry you’re having a tough time, @shadow_operative and will pray for you. 

troph, I’m sorry I’m suspect. I’m a pretty genuine guy. Snobbish, arrogant, ass hole a lot of the time, have faulty judgement a lot, And I will bust balls mercilessly, but hope I never attain the status of a bully with anyone. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, immamac said:

I just cross referenced every IP he's ever posted from vs the animal tobacco accounts and there is 0 hits. So they are going to great lengths which they never went through before or they are just 2 different people. Animaltobacco never even tried to hide his registrations, I'm not sure why all of you are convinced of this. 

That’s honestly shocking. He’s joked about it in posts. It’s a great troll job if true. 

Just now, Da Fino said:

That’s honestly shocking. He’s joked about it in posts. It’s a great troll job if true. 

also if it is animal tobacco they are trolling far less than they were when it was a problem. I just went through the last 5 pages of their post activity and didn't see anything troll. Plenty of stupid, but nothing troll.

• Hook 'Em 1

Be on the lookout for your bans, ban hammer coming down swift and hard all the time, like whack-a-mole over the next few weeks. I may even add a blinking envelope.
Bring it. We'll just create new users. I'll reserve Chewbacca2 tonight.

Soft ass bitch.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

also if it is animal tobacco they are trolling far less than they were when it was a problem. I just went through the last 5 pages of their post activity and didn't see anything troll. Plenty of stupid, but nothing troll.

I just figured he was regressing with age like the rest of us. 

• Haha 2

So you're saying we should use VPNs? Good idea.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, immamac said:

That's not what happened, he has actually said what happened several times and I've confirmed it.

I told him to ignore motown or I'd do it for him (which btw has been done and he didn't even notice because he doesn't actually care - which is the part that none of you seem to understand and continuing to give him the benefit of the doubt is not only stupid, but it's the reason we are all having to even deal with any of this bullshit)

He went on a pretty significant unhinged rant and personally attacked me. 

I ignored that and told him he can comply or he can move on from the community in very clear terms.

He told me to go fuck myself, which in my very clear terms is like yelling "IM BANNING MYSELF"

This is correct. See AnimalTabacco and Immortal13 and a few others. 

5 hours ago, BeardIP said:

image.png.18240a884dbc64650302ebbb0fda3f70.png

Uh, he's not even trying to hide it. I don't give a shit if he--or anyone else--gets banned or not, but talk about being intentionally obtuse. The mannerisms and posting patterns are identical.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, troph said:

It is real life, that’s exactly the point. But hey, this was a good post. 

I guess, but I just have never viewed it that way. If I cared too much what this board thought about me I’d be miserable. 

Edited by Rex Kramer
  • Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, immamac said:

I just cross referenced every IP he's ever posted from vs the animal tobacco accounts and there is 0 hits. So they are going to great lengths which they never went through before or they are just 2 different people. 

I’m not being facetious. But look at replies after his posts accusing him of being Donkey. There are lots of folks that disagree with you about the content/tone of his posts. He also showed up right around the time (or started being a prolific poster) when the last Donkey handle got banned. You have mentioned that IP’s before are not the end all be all, and there are multiple ways to get around it. Also, he has spent years claiming his posts are amazingly easy to discover. So a slight change in tone, and a new VPN. I’m not suggesting I’m 100% sure like the other Donkey subs, but the new handle that is very similar, the timing, and the content of the posts is suspect. 

Edited by UnivTex34

6 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

Can you link me to the last post? I couldn’t find it and looked at the last 3 pages. 

BeardIP says you are full of shit. The other iterations had thousands of posts. Trolls and disingenuous posters or posters flat out sharing lies or disinformation are not political views. 

trolls and shitposters derail threads for multiple pages. I can easily ignore a single post. But multiple pages and completely going off the rails cannot. 

His post was nuked.

Nah, he just refrains from directly sharing his views outright until he finally does and gets crowdsourced. It's the sitting on his real thoughts that seem to piss people off.

It really isn't hard to skip over trolls or just laugh it off. These are the kind of things that are taught in kindergarten through second grade. Everyone should have learned these skills decades ago.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, F250 said:

His post was nuked.

Nah, he just refrains from directly sharing his views outright until he finally does and gets crowdsourced. It's the sitting on his real thoughts that seem to piss people off.

It really isn't hard to skip over trolls or just laugh it off. These are the kind of things that are taught in kindergarten through second grade. Everyone should have learned these skills decades ago.

And yet here you are arguing in the mud with the rest of us Neanderthals /joking

It’s one thing for a single person to skip over a post. It’s a whole other thing for hundreds or thousands of people to. I have been here since day one. I was on Shaggy in the first week. Don’t have tons of posts, but read tons. This shit derails threads for days. Acting like it’s a nothing burger doesn’t make you or anyone else mightier than the rest of us assholes. Just means you have a slightly larger asshole. 

IMG_0170.gif.55fc364bc85284215300c31b270132fc.gif

4 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
11 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:
I guess, but I just have never viewed it that way. If I cared too much what this board thought about me I’d be miserable. 

Yeah, I don't think mentally ill people are super happy, dude.

Of course not. But they can have manic periods. The vast majority of posters are strangers to me and will always be so. I don’t think I’d ever go to a tailgate or HH. I don’t have meaningful “real” relationships here by choice. So I just don’t have his perspective. 

Of course not. But they can have manic periods. The vast majority of posters are strangers to me and will always be so. I don’t think I’d ever go to a tailgate or HH. I don’t have meaningful “real” relationships here by choice. So I just don’t have his perspective. 
So fuck him. Right?

Just now, Chewbacca said:
3 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

So fuck him. Right?

Well, he told Rex he couldn’t dip on Southwest flight, so he must be destroyed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

And yet here you are arguing in the mud with the rest of us Neanderthals /joking

It’s one thing for a single person to skip over a post. It’s a whole other thing for hundreds or thousands of people to. I have been here since day one. I was on Shaggy in the first week. Don’t have tons of posts, but read tons. This shit derails threads for days. Acting like it’s a nothing burger doesn’t make you or anyone else mightier than the rest of us assholes. Just means you have a slightly larger asshole. 

IMG_0170.gif.55fc364bc85284215300c31b270132fc.gif

I'm not arguing nor claiming superiority.

Just stating it's easier to scroll past a post than read it.

To get this back on topic. Derka will derail an entire thread for multiple days. I don't engage him. I just stay out of the thread for a few days until he moves on. The only issue is he does it in the Movies and TV sub and will do it right after a new episode comes out which derails the discussion right after viewing.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, immamac said:

That's not what happened, he has actually said what happened several times and I've confirmed it.

I told him to ignore motown or I'd do it for him (which btw has been done and he didn't even notice because he doesn't actually care - which is the part that none of you seem to understand and continuing to give him the benefit of the doubt is not only stupid, but it's the reason we are all having to even deal with any of this bullshit)

He went on a pretty significant unhinged rant and personally attacked me. 

I ignored that and told him he can comply or he can move on from the community in very clear terms.

He told me to go fuck myself, which in my very clear terms is like yelling "IM BANNING MYSELF"

This is correct. See AnimalTabacco and Immortal13 and a few others. 

6 hours ago, BeardIP said:

image.png.18240a884dbc64650302ebbb0fda3f70.png

50 minutes ago, immamac said:

is he? I don't think the posting style is the same. Again, just because you think someone is stupid or they have fucking idiot opinions doesn't mean that's ban worthy. Some of you don't understand how any of this works, it's not selective. 

Canadian Lol GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
16 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

So fuck him. Right?

You must be responding to your preconceived notion of me.  Not sure you’ve read what I’ve written. 

We all know that HendersonHorns is Immortal/4doorsMoreWhores, too, right?
And that Boss Hogg is GRHorn?
Stay on track. Derka is the problem.
You must be responding to your preconceived notion of me.  Not sure you’ve read what I’ve written. 
You sure don't seem to have any sympathy for him. How is that any better?

6 minutes ago, bolverk said:

We all know that HendersonHorns is Immortal/4doorsMoreWhores, too, right?

And that Boss Hogg is GRHorn?

Didn’t we ban boss Hogg? Not sure about Henderson horns

are these posters that post in like relatively few threads or something? 

7 minutes ago, F250 said:

I'm not arguing nor claiming superiority.

Just stating it's easier to scroll past a post than read it.

To get this back on topic. Derka will derail an entire thread for multiple days. I don't engage him. I just stay out of the thread for a few days until he moves on. The only issue is he does it in the Movies and TV sub and will do it right after a new episode comes out which derails the discussion right after viewing.

We are in agreement. The difference is you say Derka, I say BeardIP/Donkey/Chrispy. The larger difference, I don’t ever see the Derka derails, but I’m not a basketball fan and our TV viewing habits are different or I just move past his opinions.The derails by the Donkey/et/all trolls happen across multiple threads and multiple forums around current events.

it’s almost as if they are exactly the same. Which was the point of my original post. All this handwringing over Derka, but trolls that have been banned multiple times have to keep being banned by the community. 

seems to me the problem is not the guy with positive rep, but the guys that continuously get banned via negs and continue to return and continue their old schtick.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, smoothlonghorn said:

Man, B, I am truly sad things have come to this. You are a such a great, passionate fan of the University of Texas--absolutely nothing should detract from that. But we can't control everyone's reactions to us/our interactions = if those reactions are causing negative consequences for YOU, you have got to figure out a different response and/or remove yourself from the situation. There are times in life where the answer won't be "we need to fix that person". This isn't the forum to get too deep into it, but that comes very personal experiences related to what you describe.

Hopefully this doesn't come across as overly harsh/negative as I have thought (many times) about whether to jump into these threads based on our personal interactions. For that haven't experienced, Derka is one of the most genuine/passionate/positive individuals--that can definitely get lost based on internet posts. It seems likes immamac feels the need to do this for the site/a personally-owned business, and (IMHO) that should be ok--I think you should continue to talk Texas sports year round and would gladly pay for your $9.95 sub anywhere (side note/full disclosure: you can also find me not posting much on OBs and I post that knowing the ridicule sure to come).

Also, I promise you, I still have songs due to you on my playlist: M.I's Understand, These Ideas, All at Once and your Ridin in Lines and MIXTAPE!.... "Jumpin' right in it ain't no need to state my name....."

you’re a good man and one of the realest i’ve ever met. i always appreciate your support and input. 🤘🏼 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, UnivTex34 said:

We are in agreement. The difference is you say Derka, I say BeardIP/Donkey/Chrispy. The larger difference, I don’t ever see the Derka derails, but I’m not a basketball fan and our TV viewing habits are different or I just move past his opinions.The derails by the Donkey/et/all trolls happen across multiple threads and multiple forums around current events.

it’s almost as if they are exactly the same. Which was the point of my original post. All this handwringing over Derka, but trolls that have been banned multiple times have to keep being banned by the community. 

seems to me the problem is not the guy with positive rep, but the guys that continuously get banned via negs and continue to return and continue their old schtick.

I am not saying Derka or Donkey should be banned or put on ignore for their posts. Quite the opposite. I am saying we should just scroll past the posts we don't like without the ignore option or mod intervention.

Shit, I wouldn't even put Rocko on ignore despite him being the worst poster in the history of the internet.

Side note. GRUHorn and Rocko are both San Antonio natives which pains me greatly.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, F250 said:

I am not saying Derka or Donkey should be banned or put on ignore for their posts. Quite the opposite. I am saying we should just scroll past the posts we don't like without the ignore option or mod intervention.

Shit, I wouldn't even put Rocko on ignore despite him being the worst poster in the history of the internet.

Side note. GRUHorn and Rocko are both San Antonio natives which pains me greatly.

You make a fantastic point. All San Antonio IP’s should be banned.

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, immamac said:

Didn’t we ban boss Hogg? Not sure about Henderson horns

are these posters that post in like relatively few threads or something? 

I'm fairly positive Henderson Horns is Immortal. While he no longer comments much, he's made his presence known through neg reps sans participation. At the same time, he often will just give a simple laughing emoji now rather negging. To be clear, I'm not advocating his erasure, but I pointed him out to simply show that you perhaps don't have the pulse on Surly beyond the sports boards you think you have.

Edit: If I recall correctly, Immortal/4Doors's story about his Whataburger being taken involved him leaving Tyler on his way home to Henderson.

The same goes with BeardIP. Personally, I don't find him nearly the nuisance others do. Yeah, he's a conservative (whatever that means nowadays) who has a passion for private schooling and wants the State to subsidize him sending his kids to an "academy". He seems fairly self-aware and has a bit of a personality, and is fairly good-natured about shit even if most of the CR sees some of his views as veiled White Christian Nationalism. 

By contrast, any iteration of GRHorn should be immediately eradicated/scrubbed/wiped from this place. I don't know how shit works on your end of this software, but whatever ties you can find to GRHorn / Satoshi / Caponata / Immaculate Vibes / Humble Beast / Mullet Free / Boss Hogg should be looked into.

Edited by bolverk
Added detail on HendersonHorns

2 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I'm fairly positive Henderson Horns is Immortal. While he no longer comments much, he's made his presence known through neg reps sans participation. At the same time, he often will just give a simple laughing emoji now rather negging. To be clear, I'm not advocating his erasure, but I pointed him out to simply show that you perhaps don't have the pulse on Surly beyond the sports boards you think you have.

The same goes with BeardIP. Personally, I don't find him nearly the nuisance others do. Yeah, he's a conservative (whatever that means nowadays) who has a passion for private schooling and wants the State to subsidize him sending his kids to an "academy". He seems fairly self-aware and has a bit of a personality, and is fairly good-natured about shit even if most of the CR sees some of his views as veiled White Christian Nationalism. 

By contrast, any iteration of GRHorn should be immediately eradicated/scrubbed/wiped from this place. I don't know how shit works on your end of this software, but whatever ties you can find to GRHorn / Satoshi / Caponata / Immaculate Vibes / Humble Beast / Mullet Free / Boss Hogg should be looked into.

Yeah boss Hogg shouldn’t be around that’s a mistake. I seriously thought we banned him. Maybe it was just a long timeout. I don’t claim to have a perfect pulse on the board it’s quite the opposite, but when something gets raised or reported I do look into stuff only I can see and look for patterns. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah boss Hogg shouldn’t be around that’s a mistake. I seriously thought we banned him. Maybe it was just a long timeout. I don’t claim to have a perfect pulse on the board it’s quite the opposite, but when something gets raised or reported I do look into stuff only I can see and look for patterns. 

Man, I totally understand and DO. NOT. ENVY. YOU. or the mods in the slightest. You'd have to live your entire life online to even begin to see everything. I'm mostly CR/DT/Lulz/Movies/Football/Futbol. Others have different browsing behaviors, and we can't keep up with everything.

That's enough, though, to spot some of the worst actors for those who spend an unhealthy amount of time in this place.

• Hook 'Em 1

Not that my opinion is worth much but I'll say maybe a few coherent words.

I don't have anyone on ignore, the ignore function on this site is dog shit. I don't blame anyone for not using it. It's literally more annoying to have someone on ignore than not. Having that as a condition for not being perma banned is hilarious to me.

Derka is cool. He is actually really easy to get along with. I've had my fair share of arguments with him myself. Somehow, it's never escalated to the point some people like Motown have taken it. I'm sorry, but his whiny little spiel about Derka just "fixating" on him is horse shit and you should be embarrassed to fall for it. A lot of people push Derka's buttons on purpose, and he's one of them, and it is objectively bullying.

To be fair, you kinda make it easy on them, sometimes, Derka. Someone said it right earlier, just laugh at them and/or mock them as is the Surly way, and move on. Not responding at all like you were should also be acceptable, but I don't think reporting him every time was the right way to handle it, and that's not entirely your fault either.

Derka is a net positive for the board for his basketball knowledge and passion alone. I've said it before but you should all count yourselves lucky to have fans like him, bad taken along with the good. Texas has objectively struggled with fan support on and off and guess who's always there?

Immamac is objectively right in that he isn't and shouldn't be personally responsible for your mental health, but on the flip side he absolutely bears responsibility for turning this into a fucking circus. I've seen people say much worse shit to him in public threads than Derka said in PMs. Hell, people are calling you Katy in this thread. Can you imagine a graver insult?

This whole thing is ridiculous. There's no way he should be banned. You are just taking the easy way out because one of the moderators chose an objectively bad way of handling something that was demonstrably some pretty goofy ass bullying.

Also, any of you that flippantly dismiss mental health concerns related to posting because this is "just a message board" should probably go touch grass and/or experience the smallest amount of adversity in your lives for the first time.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Now look at Futureman posting history for trolling. It won't take more than 2 post, lulz.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

In its simplest terms you post here and you are alive. I get sort of treating it different than in person but that’s how people decide to be raging assholes on line - it’s not real life. Sorry it is. 

as for knowing and not knowing people in real life, I probably know at least a dozen folks IRL from here. So it’s just not as simple as internet is internet and IRL is IRL and the two worlds shall never cross. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1