immamac has permabanmed me against bob’s wishes. read this thread before it disappears.

Just caught up on all of this. It’s incredible how much self-worth people put into the weight of some message-board users’ opinion about them. I know @Vic Mackey said what I’m trying to say in better words  some years ago. It just never occurred to me to give a shit what random internet users think about me. I guess not everyone is wired that way, and it’s sad to see it impact people negatively on the real world. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Derka is legitimately mentally ill. That's the only explanation of why he would keep doing all of this in this manner day after day, year after year. He flat out can't stop himself. 

Telling him to put someone on ignore or to leave is invalid because the dude mentally and emotionally is incapable of doing it. He's incapable of moderating himself. 

I don't know if the dude was mentally stable before in his youth but if he was the internet completely broke him. I feel bad for his mom as she has to feel completely helpless as to why her son is letting a stupid Internet slap fight ruin his life. 

Also was Bob the site owner when it was shaggybevo and Rick became site owner when shaggy got sued out of existence? 

• Hook 'Em 2

We just using real names now?  Because I have a few things to say to you, Donny.

note: I know no one named Donny. If you are named Donny, I was not talking about you. So fuck off, Donny. Yes, that was directed to you, Donny.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

17 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Derka is legitimately mentally ill. That's the only explanation of why he would keep doing all of this in this manner day after day, year after year. He flat out can't stop himself. 

Telling him to put someone on ignore or to leave is invalid because the dude mentally and emotionally is incapable of doing it. He's incapable of moderating himself. 

I don't know if the dude was mentally stable before in his youth but if he was the internet completely broke him. I feel bad for his mom as she has to feel completely helpless as to why her son is letting a stupid Internet slap fight ruin his life. 

Also was Bob the site owner when it was shaggybevo and Rick became site owner when shaggy got sued out of existence? 

Way to crack the case, Sherlock.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Way to crack the case, Sherlock.

Well if everyone knows that then shouldn't we all be treating him accordingly? Stop antagonizing him and just put him on ignore if you don't have the restraint?Do you go out and antagonize mentally ill people in your day to day life?

Wait, you probably do. You seem like the type to kick kids with downs syndrome in the nuts

• Hook 'Em 1

Well this sucks. I’ll miss you, Derka. We had a run in or two over basketball opinions, but you accepted my apology when I felt I was out of line and offered one up in return. It won’t be the same there without you. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Well if everyone knows that then shouldn't we all be treating him accordingly? Stop antagonizing him and just put him on ignore if you don't have the restraint?Do you go out and antagonize mentally ill people in your day to day life?

Wait, you probably do. You seem like the type to kick kids with downs syndrome in the nuts

image.png.14a0570ffff0c9ab4e7802932ab478b3.png

But seriously, Derka received no different behavior that any other poster here. It was his reactions to that treatment that was a lot of the comments about "Derka-ing up threads" etc. I put him ignore long ago because interacting with him sapped fun from this site. I don't think expecting him to do the same (put users that are too antagonizing to him on ignore) was that much to ask/expect from him. I said it a number of pages back - why should he get any special treatment on this site? Either from the users or the admins?

• Hook 'Em 3

I am going to miss Derka. It's clear he genuinely loves the University and his posts usually are informative. Yes, there are rants but you can gloss over them instead of making fun. It's ok if you don't agree with his takes but who is to say who is correct. Some people can't help but bully (especially on the internet) and I believe this site is set up to encourage that behavior. I also think the 🖕 reaction is offensive. We should have thumbs up and down instead.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

On 4/17/2024 at 7:59 AM, Pancho said:

This board is bad for your mental health if you use it as an outlet and not get the professional help you need. 

There are more than a few posters who think I’ll just post on Surly about my life problems and maybe that will help. Yes, it can give you support but a trained professional should be the one to help you, not this board.

Holiday family bullshit thread disagrees. 

13 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

I am going to miss Derka. It's clear he genuinely loves the University and his posts usually are informative. Yes, there are rants but you can gloss over them instead of making fun. It's ok if you don't agree with his takes but who is to say who is correct. Some people can't help but bully (especially on the internet) and I believe this site is set up to encourage that behavior. I also think the 🖕 reaction is offensive. We should have thumbs up and down instead.

image.png.de417d171c089821b485e962c34b9fc2.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, immamac said:

Negged. 

lovely example.

16 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

the biggest question is about rants (by anyone) or big blocks of text (by anyone). when i see those, i generally skim the beginning and then, you know, scroll past them and go on living my life. if someone takes the time to unload like that, and another person takes the time and reads it, who's the crazy one, honestly?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Not Ricky said:

damn broskis

deja vua a bit

wish everyone well

32 minutes ago, Not Ricky said:

also, like, didn't Derka try to hide his name before moving to Surly. if so, that says a lot.

Asking Nicely Star Trek GIF

6 hours ago, Chooky said:

I read the basketball board a fair amount but I rarely post there because I don't really know much about the game beyond the most surface level. Inane, dumb and silly shit is more my wheelhouse. Derka doesn't seem disruptive there. The opposite, for me. He's informative and detailed. 

And I'm not some derka advocate or team selector. I don't know him at all. I've actually had several negative exchanges with him over various sites. I get why some might become annoyed at his strident tenacity and prolific presence. But there are handfuls of other posters who intentionally do nothing but slide their asses up and down multiple threads for their own entertainment. Fine.

Just let him back on. He openly displayed how the dopamine hits from ithe nteraction here is a very meaningful part of his well-being. Whether you like the guy or despise him, anyone would have to recognize that you couldn't get more vulnerable than how he opened this thread. I can't imagine being that candid about anything on this site or any other. And as others have noted, he generally brings more to the table than his serial agitators. 

Derka loves attention.  He loves to make it all about himself, whether positive or negative. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/2/2024 at 4:32 PM, UTEE97 said:

Aren’t you the guy that calls RT supporters poors?

Posted (edited)

Derka is definitely missed on the basketball board. Like him or not, he drove a lot of the conversation and kept those threads active and lively. His absence is causing me to frequent the basketball board less and will be felt even more acutely next season at the start of the college basketball season. He is worth keeping around just for the Kenpom rankings that he posts, which aren’t available to download unless you’re a paid subscriber like he is. The soccer board would not be the same if @Captain Ron or @ztejas were banned. I’d like to see Derka reinstated. 

Edited by Macklemore

On 5/7/2024 at 7:38 AM, Macklemore said:

Derka is definitely missed on the basketball board. Like him or not, he drove a lot of the conversation and kept those threads active and lively. His absence is causing me to frequent the basketball board less and will be felt even more acutely next season at the start of the college basketball season. He is worth keeping around just for the Kenpom rankings that he posts, which aren’t available to download unless you’re a paid subscriber like he is. The soccer board would not be the same if @Captain Ron or @ztejas were banned. I’d like to see Derka reinstated. 

I'm kinda glad Derka is not around as of yesterday due to Jokic winning MVP. I just didn't want to hear about it. Not the biggest Jokic fan, so....yea.

13 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Wait, okay, I'll bite; what's the issue with Jokic?

I mean, he's great. Just don't like him. There's probably a term for that dynamic, I don't know. "Sports hate" maybe?

Anyways, Derka loves the guy so glad he wasn't around to espouse and celebrate him.

45 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Wait, okay, I'll bite; what's the issue with Jokic?

His fans love him. Like, really love him. As in, if you don't have the opinion that he's a combination of Larry Bird and Michael Jordan, they start listing a bunch of obscure stats about why he's the bestest player and clearly a top 10 player of all time.

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

His fans love him. Like, really love him. As in, if you don't have the opinion that he's a combination of Larry Bird and Michael Jordan, they start listing a bunch of obscure stats about why he's the bestest player and clearly a top 10 player of all time.

Hes great. Luka had a better season and got hosed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I generally enjoyed the threads he started and appreciated his posts where he didn't rage on anybody who had a differing opinion, but those basketball threads were a beating once he got into any sort of back and forth (even though quite often it was other posters baiting him/starting shit). I hope he gets help for his mental health, but it seems like posting on Internet message boards is not something doing him any favors in that department.