UTRGV @ Texas - 6:30 on LHN

Horny Bull

The win snaps a 48-game losing streak for the UTRGV (18-15) against Texas (22-16). The last time UTRGV beat Texas was in the 1971 NCAA District Championships, winning game one 1-0 and game two 4-0.

This is UTRGV's second-ever true road win against Texas, and first since May 30, 1968, a 2-1, 10-inning victory in game two of the NCAA District Championships. UTRGV had lost 44-straight road games against Texas since then, including its first 39 games at UFCU Disch-Falk Field.

The 17 runs are the most ever scored by UTRGV against Texas. The previous record was 12, set on May 27, 1973.

This is UTRGV's largest-ever margin of victory over Texas, with the previous record being four on May 22, 1971.

Commertive t-shirt offer for their next home game

In celebration of this historic victory, UTRGV is offering fans the chance to purchase a package containing ticket to all four of next week’s home games for just $20 at GoUTRGV.com/WeBeatTexas. 

The first 1,000 fans in attendance at the 6:30 p.m. game against Stephen F. Austin on Friday, April 26 will receive commemorative t-shirts celebrating UTRGV’s historic victory over Texas.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Two mid-week losses to RPI 222 and 241

Hooray - when we sink low, we usually end up a laughing stock.  Losing to Kansas in football, losing to Radford and ACU in basketball, losing to TAMUCC and UTRGV in baseball 

2 hours ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Imagine giving up 5 walks to a dude making his first start for a school with an RPI of 250. Oh wait, we don't have to. Fuck me sideways. 

well, I think we beaned him twice.  

Nonetheless, in all seriousness, congrats to @Caver60 for his kid playing college ball. My kids unfortunately inherited my athleticism, so will never have the chance to go 0-1 against UT.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

That's actually pathetic for both schools. 

I want to somehow like/rep this 👆 but there isn't really anything appropriate. (Rage?)

I've been going to games since '74 (Clark Field & BGH). After living out of state for 25 years, I've been a season ticket holder for the last 8.

In all those years,  I NEVER witnessed or thought I would see TEXAS BASEBALL like I saw last night. 

I left before we came to bat in the bottom of the 4th.... 4TH !! 🤬

anthony rizzo no GIF by MLB

Edited by BillyGoatHill
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

16 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Pull Ty Harrington from the booth for the last 17 games so that way you don’t have to worry about handing things off to an assistant or whatever.

Only half joking.

This is fucking hilarious.

You have a coach who can't handle a pitching staff and whose team has completely quit on him, and you think Harrington is the antidote for that?

That's Harrington's entire coaching career, most of which I saw in person.

It would get his Boomhauer schtick off the airwaves, though.

7 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

So we really were their Super Bowl?

We last made the tournament in 1986. Conference championships in 1955 and 2019. With a team full of players that likely grew up either Texas or Texas A&M fans. Uh, yeah, this is 100% the super bowl. 

UTRGV would be an interesting coaching job. Any Texas resident student whose household income is $120k or below goes to school for free there. We don’t qualify. Since baseball is a club-driven sport, I’m not sure how many kids would qualify. Club sports to me are the very definition of “necessary evil”. Topic for another day. But imagine if you could recruit position players from one tax bracket and save scholarship money for pitchers, for example. It’s what most schools do anyway, without the <$120k advantage. Fun to consider. 

Our kid wanted to play for a D1 school, recruiting for baseball was all kinds of messed up through last year because of Covid, and we liked the coaching staff. That was enough for us.